Sunday worship / Christmas / Easter and all the rest....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CasS22

Oct 22, 2014
So before I begin this isn’t to start a argument , poke at anyone , or create confusion . I know where I stand and curious to how so many Christians are still following the pagan ways and traditions of man.

I will start with Christmas , I personally don’t believe Jesus was born on the said day man follows , 25th . As the bible does not state this as well if you look at New Years , it’s followed on the 1st of Jan in the dead of winter please anyone tell me what’s new then! If you said nothing your right, Bible states this one clearly , “new bud ,new year” spring time is the new year and when you think about it logically completely makes sense.

Man has been so brainwashed sometimes I can’t believe it .

Moving on to the Sabbath day , this one is truly a doozy.
I want to put it this way as an example.... Mans law says we shouldn’t steal , you as a good citizen follow all the rules but steal every week , what I’m getting at is the sabbath is a commandment yet most ignore it, aren’t aware of its significance or don’t follow as it don’t fit there wants or needs or what have you .
All I’m saying as it is a commandment yet most Christian’s ain’t aware of it or if they are they follow on a Sunday which is not Jesus day. I think the biggest issue behind this is we don’t read our bibles if we did we wouldn’t miss this stuff instead we go to a church listen to a “man” give us his ideas and we trust him cause he’s holding a bible and maybe if your lucky pulls a few versus from it . The Lord says trust no man , yet we do the opposite. Just FYI I’m guilty as most I do try to keep it but don’t always keep it holy . It’s funny when you look at Friday night and Saturday’s that’s when everything “ cool “ happens , all the parties , new movie releases and the list goes on . Do you think this is a accident ? No it’s not.

The devil is here to take you away from Jesus by any means , most of us this is easily accomplished but temptations of all types . For those of us who follow the sabbath I noticed he does what he can to get you to break it , for me I’m having a hard time finding work now as I don’t work saturdays and in my line of work oncall is a big part , been over a year now and I could of been working but because I will not sacrifice the sabbath I have not since. It’s been a battle , tears and all. But I will not give it up even if that means death .

The sabbath is how one grows closer to Jesus , so when someone says there close to him and does not follow I find it hard to believe . There’s only one God Jesus and one way how are we at a place so divided and so confused on what path to take as there’s only two death and everlasting life. Broad and narrow.

I can see how over the years the devil got he’s greasy little claws on literally everything and twisted/ perverted it to make it pleasing to man and quote easier to follow unquote. We are in the end days everyone we need to wake up . Jesus is to be acknowledged everyday but especially on the sabbath , the devils seal is the mark the Lords seal is received by following his word and obeying the sabbath.

If we can be lead astray but something as silly as Christmas I can’t imagine how many will fall with the great deception coming.

Much love to you all may the Lord speak to you and show you his way ....

Just looking to hear ppls thoughts on this not looking to get into heated discussions

KD

Nov 20, 2018
So before I begin this isn’t to start a argument , poke at anyone , or create confusion . I know where I stand and curious to how so many Christians are still following the pagan ways and traditions of man.

I will start with Christmas , I personally don’t believe Jesus was born on the said day man follows , 25th . As the bible does not state this as well if you look at New Years , it’s followed on the 1st of Jan in the dead of winter please anyone tell me what’s new then! If you said nothing your right, Bible states this one clearly , “new bud ,new year” spring time is the new year and when you think about it logically completely makes sense.

I want to put it this way as an example.... Mans law says we shouldn’t steal , you as a good citizen follow all the rules but steal every week , what I’m getting at is the sabbath is a commandment yet most ignore it, aren’t aware of its significance or don’t follow as it don’t fit there wants or needs or what have you .
All I’m saying as it is a commandment yet most Christian’s ain’t aware of it or if they are they follow on a Sunday which is not Jesus day. I think the biggest issue behind this is we don’t read our bibles if we did we wouldn’t miss this stuff instead we go to a church listen to a “man” give us his ideas and we trust him cause he’s holding a bible and maybe if your lucky pulls a few versus from it . The Lord says trust no man , yet we do the opposite. Just FYI I’m guilty as most I do try to keep it but don’t always keep it holy . It’s funny when you look at Friday night and Saturday’s that’s when everything “ cool “ happens , all the parties , new movie releases and the list goes on . Do you think this is a accident ? No it’s not.

The devil is here to take you away from Jesus by any means , most of us this is easily accomplished but temptations of all types . For those of us who follow the sabbath I noticed he does what he can to get you to break it , for me I’m having a hard time finding work now as I don’t work saturdays and in my line of work oncall is a big part , been over a year now and I could of been working but because I will not sacrifice the sabbath I have not since. It’s been a battle , tears and all. But I will not give it up even if that means death .

The sabbath is how one grows closer to Jesus , so when someone says there close to him and does not follow I find it hard to believe . There’s only one God Jesus and one way how are we at a place so divided and so confused on what path to take as there’s only two death and everlasting life. Broad and narrow.

I can see how over the years the devil got he’s greasy little claws on literally everything and twisted/ perverted it to make it pleasing to man and quote easier to follow unquote. We are in the end days everyone we need to wake up . Jesus is to be acknowledged everyday but especially on the sabbath , the devils seal is the mark the Lords seal is received by following his word and obeying the sabbath.

If we can be lead astray but something as silly as Christmas I can’t imagine how many will fall with the great deception coming.

Just looking to hear ppls thoughts on this not looking to get into heated discussions

Hey brother,

Blessings to you. I can see that you love the Lord and want to do right and please Him.

Couple questions for you. More rhetorical thank anything as I’m like you not looking for a debate on these topics.

You mentioned the root of these issues stems from folks not reading the Bible and going to church and listening/trusting men.

Where is it mentioned in the Word that were not to worship on Sunday?

Do you keep the whole law?

Remember the question intended to trip Jesus up? What is the greatest commandments?

Although we as humans are imperfect and sinful by nature, don’t you believe the church was set up for the edification of believers? How can we build one another up without trust? We’re you taught to keep sabbath on Saturday by someone?

Ill leave you with one verse I was reminded of reading you post.

Colossians 2:16–17 (NLT): So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. 17 For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality

Peace and blessings

CasS22

Oct 22, 2014
Hey brother,

Blessings to you. I can see that you love the Lord and want to do right and please Him.

Couple questions for you. More rhetorical thank anything as I’m like you not looking for a debate on these topics.

You mentioned the root of these issues stems from folks not reading the Bible and going to church and listening/trusting men.

Where is it mentioned in the Word that were not to worship on Sunday?

Do you keep the whole law?

Remember the question intended to trip Jesus up? What is the greatest commandments?

Although we as humans are imperfect and sinful by nature, don’t you believe the church was set up for the edification of believers? How can we build one another up without trust? We’re you taught to keep sabbath on Saturday by someone?

Ill leave you with one verse I was reminded of reading you post.

Colossians 2:16–17 (NLT): So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. 17 For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality

Peace and blessings
Good evening ,

You will know them by thier fruits , I’m not saying I’m perfect nor better then you or anyone .
I fall short like everyone else , but in my heart know the truth.... how most who claim to know Christ miss this? So leaves one to wonder do they know the father as they claim .

Sunday is not stated in the bible as the sabbath nor is Saturday by name that is , but it is said rest on the 7th day and from my knowledge which is from man I grant you that , as I was not around since the beginning to know it as true fact , but Saturday is the 7th day , and to top that the Catholic Church decided to change it to Sunday , which they didn’t actually change but seem to have lead everyone away from Saturday ..... that in it self should be a big red flag for all christians man has no power to change Gods laws or word add to it or subtract from it.

All commandments are equal but the sabbath stands out , it’s the longest and one could argue there’s more then one rule or law in it . But instead of using that mentality look at it as a whole and it was designed for us and if the world just listened wow would it be a world of difference .

I consider my self a simple man , and I think that’s why I can see things more clear I accept what the bible and Jesus has said , rather then fight it and try to find a fault in it which is not possible.

Let me ask you this .....

What is a church ? Or the real definition Jesus means by it ?
It’s not a fancy building , it’s not a idol to worship , it’s a group of believers gathering under his name and grace , to share and talk about the Lord.

Crosses , pictures and sculptures of so called angels and Jesus is all wrong and goes against scripture .
Some of these churches are decked out beyond belief with gold and so on , and there’s starving ppl . Where’s the money going , just open your eyes it’s plain as day light.

Churches try to put a priest or something between you and good some what do a mediator which again is not right and the list goes on.

Kinda off topic but this church hillsong or whatever , prime example of a apostate church , preacher is tatted up , out in bars etc.. is this someone who you want teaching the gospel , is he a true representative of Jesus , not judging , but not blind. I call it how I see it . To Joel olstein preaching peace and prosperity , and the list goes on , ppl just eat this stuff up and don’t research or anything , and fall victim to itchy ears .

The deception and false teaching hasnt been this bad , even his very elect may be decieved.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
The Sabbath day is how people grow closer to Jesus?

How close can a relationship get one day a week?

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Check out michael rood on Christmas on YouTube. He explaines in israel where the 25th came from
Ive turned away as far as possible. Church on sunday isn't sabbath. I keep Friday night until Saturday night

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel that is not binding on the Church in the New Testament.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Even when Sabbatarians set out to worship on the Sabbath, are they truly "keeping" the Sabbath? To "keep the Sabbath" as it was required in the Old Testament under the Old Covenant would involve compliance with specific regulations (Exodus 16:23; 35:3; Leviticus 23:32; Jeremiah 17:21) that were strictly enforced.

If Sabbath day observances are still required, so would the burnt offerings which went along with them (Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3; Numbers 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13). So no kindling a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath (Exodus 35:3). Every man must remain in his place on the sabbath (Exodus 16:29). No trading (Amos 8:5). No marketing (Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19).

These were commanded by God to Israel (Exodus 35:1).

If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why do not the Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person keep a certain law when he keeps only part of it?

If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people.

Who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? The Seventh day Adventist church? The Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did under the Old Covenant, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under these Mosaic regulations.

God's word makes it clear that Sabbath observance was a sign between God and Israel:“The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested” (Exodus 31:16-17).

In Deuteronomy 5, Moses restates the Ten Commandments to the next generation of Israelites. Here, after commanding Sabbath observance in verses 12–14, Moses gives the reason the Sabbath was given to the nation Israel: “Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.” (Deuteronomy 5:15).

*This is where we need to rightly divide the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15)

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Good evening ,

You will know them by thier fruits , I’m not saying I’m perfect nor better then you or anyone .
I fall short like everyone else , but in my heart know the truth.... how most who claim to know Christ miss this? So leaves one to wonder do they know the father as they claim .

Sunday is not stated in the bible as the sabbath nor is Saturday by name that is , but it is said rest on the 7th day and from my knowledge which is from man I grant you that , as I was not around since the beginning to know it as true fact , but Saturday is the 7th day , and to top that the Catholic Church decided to change it to Sunday , which they didn’t actually change but seem to have lead everyone away from Saturday ..... that in it self should be a big red flag for all christians man has no power to change Gods laws or word add to it or subtract from it.

All commandments are equal but the sabbath stands out , it’s the longest and one could argue there’s more then one rule or law in it . But instead of using that mentality look at it as a whole and it was designed for us and if the world just listened wow would it be a world of difference .

I consider my self a simple man , and I think that’s why I can see things more clear I accept what the bible and Jesus has said , rather then fight it and try to find a fault in it which is not possible.

Let me ask you this .....

What is a church ? Or the real definition Jesus means by it ?
It’s not a fancy building , it’s not a idol to worship , it’s a group of believers gathering under his name and grace , to share and talk about the Lord.

Crosses , pictures and sculptures of so called angels and Jesus is all wrong and goes against scripture .
Some of these churches are decked out beyond belief with gold and so on , and there’s starving ppl . Where’s the money going , just open your eyes it’s plain as day light.

Churches try to put a priest or something between you and good some what do a mediator which again is not right and the list goes on.

Kinda off topic but this church hillsong or whatever , prime example of a apostate church , preacher is tatted up , out in bars etc.. is this someone who you want teaching the gospel , is he a true representative of Jesus , not judging , but not blind. I call it how I see it . To Joel olstein preaching peace and prosperity , and the list goes on , ppl just eat this stuff up and don’t research or anything , and fall victim to itchy ears .

The deception and false teaching hasnt been this bad , even his very elect may be decieved.

Well? I doubt very highly the very elect can BE deceived! As the Father, has shortened "the days", thus ensuring this shall NOT take place! The "Old Man", everyone who is "born from above" are trying to "kill off?" Is another story! ;)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
just more ellen white s.d.a. propaganda. nothing to see here.

Sep 13, 2018

So what... Are you trying to change the American calendar ??? LOL...

Sep 13, 2018
So what... Are you trying to change the American calendar ??? LOL...

And about Christmas. You have a problem with Christians choosing a day, (one day) to celebrate the birth of Christ?.. Your main focus was on the Sabbath. And when we go to mass to "make holy the Sabbath" you criticize the way in which we do this... God said "make holy the Sabbath". So you spend your day in prayer? If so, kudos to you! As for me, I am able to do both. Go to mass and work... ( well at least I use to ). lol...

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
Isaiah 66

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

These are THE LORD commandments ...​

Shalom​

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
It's pretty much common knowledge with anyone that takes their faith even half seriously that Jesus wasn't born around Dec 25. I'm surprised you still think everyone else believes that and you're one of the few enlightened.
But, really, everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. I would have honestly never figured that out on my own. Those are not things I tend to focus on or do well at. That's why those who can share.

How are you not attempting to poke at people or start arguements when you label everyone else "brainwashed"?
Is not the humble person open to learning rather than talks down about how clueless everyone else is. Perhaps a knowledgable person will say that, but not a wise one.

I don't know the exact day Jesus was born. And guess what? It's not really important. If people choose to celebrate his birthday at the wrong time, so what? Does it really matter? Or change anything? Do you believe Jesus is offended? Does it affect your life? Your walk? Your faith?

People are so eager to run around boasting about what they know and how ignorant everyone else is on the most insignificant things. Ironic.

K

Kim82

I wonder what would happen if all doctors, all police officers, all firemen etc decided that they would not work on Saturday? I wonder what would happen? Can anyone imagine the hospitals sending home all the sick patients, locking the doors of the hospital, and putting up a big sign with the words "closed for sabbath"?

Dec 12, 2013
just more ellen white s.d.a. propaganda. nothing to see here.
Amen.....In Acts they met daily.....and the disciples met the first day of the week.....thank God we are not bound by the law.....

Sep 13, 2018
I wonder what would happen if all doctors, all police officers, all firemen etc decided that they would not work on Saturday? I wonder what would happen? Can anyone imagine the hospitals sending home all the sick patients, locking the doors of the hospital, and putting up a big sign with the words "closed for sabbath"?

Kudos to you Kim, My work was not essential... But non the less, I made time for worship and time for work... Had to pay the bills, Had a family and co-owned my own business. I've always had a relationship with God, the son , and the holy ghost, no matter what day of the week it is... I feel the same for God every day of the week...

LSJ

Feb 7, 2019
Jesus is Truth. So for those seeking Truth/Jesus need to get in His word and find out how He says to worship Him. The New Testament does not do away with the Old Testament. Jesus fulfilled the sacrificial laws (the priestly laws) and he did away with the handwriting of ordinances (the rabbinical law) but he did not do away with the Ten Commandments or the Lords Feast (not the Jewish feast, read the book people). We have been sold a bill of goods by our Roman Roots. We need to stop listening to man and listen to God.

Sep 13, 2018
Jesus is Truth. So for those seeking Truth/Jesus need to get in His word and find out how He says to worship Him. The New Testament does not do away with the Old Testament. Jesus fulfilled the sacrificial laws (the priestly laws) and he did away with the handwriting of ordinances (the rabbinical law) but he did not do away with the Ten Commandments or the Lords Feast (not the Jewish feast, read the book people). We have been sold a bill of goods by our Roman Roots. We need to stop listening to man and listen to God.

What about our Roman roots??? And you speak directly to God???

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
About the sabbath (or sabbaths, either one), Scripture says this...

Exodus 31:13,17 -

13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.
[...]

17 It [the seventh day/the sabbath] is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

And about the "feasts," Leviticus 23:2 specifically says,

"2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the Lord, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

So, "which YE [ISRAEL] shall proclaim..."

"The Church which is His body" is told WE will [DO] "proclaim" something distinct from that.

Sep 13, 2018
About the sabbath (or sabbaths, either one), Scripture says this...

Exodus 31:13,17 -

13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.
[...]

17 It [the seventh day/the sabbath] is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

And about the "feasts," Leviticus 23:2 specifically says,

"2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the Lord, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

So, "which YE [ISRAEL] shall proclaim..."

"The Church which is His body" is told WE will [DO] "proclaim" something distinct from that.
Well for over 2 billion other people, We celebrate Jesus on Sunday... That's okay as well... As long as we keep Sunday a holy day, right...

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Well for over 2 billion other people, We celebrate Jesus on Sunday... That's okay as well... As long as we keep Sunday a holy day, right...
I hope you weren't thinking I was saying that we ("the Church which is His body") are to "keep/observe" the sabbath [the 7th day / Saturday], as Israel was instructed to do. I wasn't. I'm not saying that any particular day of the week is more "holy" as opposed to any other day of the week. (Colossians 2:16-17 is essentially saying that we are not to concern ourselves if someone were to judge us in such things... as they are not "instructions" for "the Church which is His body" today ["in this present age [singular]"].)

Thanks for your comment though. I appreciate hearing from folks. :)