Sunshine in my soul...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Yesterday, I came home feeling humbled yet again. It seems to be the theme for this season of my life. I started reflecting and lamenting. I am an optimist so I started to look for how this can be turned around. There was a whole lot of looking at me going on.

Why must the proverbial carpet keep being pulled out under me? Why is it that I am such a misfit? Why can no one take me seriously? Will I ever find my place, where I thrive and am not a joke? I'm an old foolish woman, that is all I'll ever be. Yeah...whaaaaaaaa and barrrooooo.

Yeah, I know...the toxicity in my thoughts were clogging up my hopes for well-being. Self pity was running rampant. You see, time and time again, I have been humbled, and time and time again, I get back up and try again. I often wonder why because my limitations are so enormous.

The reason is simple... the One within is so much more enormous than any shortcomings, perceived or real.

He reminds me…life isn't all about me.

I could almost hear Him...

Back down to your knees, my precious daughter. You already are my daughter, why do you chase after your own approval, let alone others. Get back in the word, and when you do anything, do it to help and to serve, not to get it right. As long as you are serving Me and others with Me in mind, I am pleased. Stop looking for the defining moments, you have already been defined.

Deep breath of Yahweh, His Glory reigns over insecurity and ego. I am feeling stronger because my eyes and thoughts are on my Savior. He is worthy to be praised. Focusing on Him in all that we do, is the very Best we can do for Him, others and ourselves.

Seeking even our own validation and approval is such a colossal and foolish waste of precious time. Stay at His feet, but get up and shine for the One who sets us free.

There is sunshine in my soul.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Oh what a difference laughter and sleep makes too. Lightening the heck up is good...YES!!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
It's ok to just be you. It was not God's intention that we all be the same. Diversity can be a beautiful thing. I promise to take you seriously... occasionally:)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Love your post. A nice break from the boxing ring that BDF can be.

There are a few songs that I learned as a child that put me back in that child-like faith mentality about just "letting your light shine"

Rejoice in the Lord always...

This is the day, this is the day.
That the Lord has made, that the Lord has made.
We will rejoice, we will rejoice,
And be glad in it, and be glad in it.
This is the day that the Lord has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
This is the day, this is the day
That the Lord has made.

and Let the sun shine in....face it with a grin...open up your heart and let the sun. Shine. IN!

It felt a bit goofy at first but it has taken the edge off how vicious things have been lately.