Superbowl Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Indeed, i agree that these types of commercials or shows like The Chosen will further divide some existing Christians but in the meantime they have reached a larger audience to begin a slow transformation of change in their hearts.
No show transforms any heart.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Yes! Thank the Lord He loves and forgives me, no matter what I've done!

How bout you?

All sin, past present and future, was dealt with at the cross.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Anyone have an opinion on these ads? Seems like they are doing more harm than good so far as I can see. And a waste of money.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...-faces-attacks-left-slamming-hobby-lobby-link
well I guess most do have an opinion. probably the biggest objection is the line 'He gets us'. Yeah, He certainly was tempted in all ways as are we...so He understands...but ultimately we need to get Him...in both senses of the word...as our Savior and then in a biblical and spiritual understanding of Him.

I do think, however, that some people might actually kind of relate to the words. I know when I was far away from God (because of treatment at the hands of 'Christians' and a really really bad pastor) that I identified with a secular song in a way that made me reach out to God. Don't remember the song tho.....:unsure:

I don't think we can limit God's ability to work through whatever is connecting with an unsaved or backslidden person. I've come across some interesting stories of how some people are saved. :)

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
I know there are may be disagreements on how people interpret a show or a commercial but as a few members in this topic have said, all a person needs is a spark. Then the spark takes you in a journey. In the journey you grow.

It's not expected and doesn't make sense to try to get everything Biblically correct to a worldwide audience of unbelievers.
You just give them a spark.
I have some concern over a couple of commercials telling you how to accept Jesus.....almost like you just say these words and you are good to go. I'm sure the people behind those commercials certainly do not mean it that way....but.....

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
"Everybody should be nice to each other because Jesus was"? Whatever the message is, it's not the gospel.
yeah no kidding. let's see.....I'm saved since 5....you? of course we have a different perspective

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
yeah no kidding. let's see.....I'm saved since 5....you? of course we have a different perspective
My perspective is the word of God. That's how I was saved shortly before my 21st birthday. If there is no declaration of who Christ is, His death and resurrection, no conviction of sin and no call to receive Him, there is no gospel. So what is your take on the Super Bowl ad?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
So what is your take on the Super Bowl ad?
My take is that if you are going to proclaim that you receive the words and counsel of Jesus Christ you must receive the full counsel. You don't get to pick and choose which words you like and which you don't, and you don't get to knowingly and intentionally try to twist His words to fit your narrative.

For example, Jesus' ministry begins with John telling people to repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Then with the sermon on the mount Jesus gives us the kingdom message where the standard in the NT is even higher than in the OT. In the OT doing something was a sin, in the NT simply thinking about doing something is a sin. Then Jesus talked more about hell than any one else in the entire Bible. He also exposed the hypocrisy of the religious leaders as much as anyone else in the Bible. Finally, the key message that I get from the ministry of Jesus is that "Jesus is the way, the truth and the Life no man comes to the Father but by Him".

In my opinion this commercial about "He gets us" misses that entirely. But worse, I don't even think that was the aim, I think they were aiming at something else entirely. The takeaway I got was instead of calling on people to repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand, I understood they were telling people who were preaching the gospel to repent for condemning sin and talking about hell and saying that Jesus is the way to the Father.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
My perspective is the word of God. That's how I was saved shortly before my 21st birthday. If there is no declaration of who Christ is, His death and resurrection, no conviction of sin and no call to receive Him, there is no gospel. So what is your take on the Super Bowl ad?
You know, I had a very personal salvation experience at the age of 5. I knew nothing except I should accept Christ as my 'personal savior' which I heard in Sunday School.

Thankfully, God accepted me into His family and has kept me up until now. According to you, I was not saved at 5 cause I did not have my biblical ps and qs lined up. Sorry, but dogmatic people often stand in the way between the heart and God

At the cross, the thief on one of the other crosses apparently said 'Lord remember me' and it was enough, Many examples in scripture of salvation where people did not meet your personal qualifications for salvation.

You may not like the fact that God saves with or without all the 'facts' lined up, but He does and He leads us from there. No one has all the goods from the moment they call upon the Lord, Christ, Jesus, God, Jehovah or whatever name passes their lips.