Supreme Court Birth control

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 30, 2019
I support the belief of the Catholic Church on Birth Control. Today I am glad that the Supreme Court ruled the way they did because I consider birth control to be dangerous and this is a win for women not to be subjected to something with the potential to harm them and their child. Yet with the exception of one women it was mostly men that made this decision for women. Also with apps designed to help women to chart their fertile periods we do not need to subject them to more harmful types of birth control. Even the Rhythm can be used to help women get pregnant. We know at least one women who got pregnant after my wife taught her about this.

The supreme court is changing as Trump is appointing more conservative people compared to the more liberal Biden Supreme Court.

Attachments

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I don't support the Catholic Church on anything is they are a criminal organization that protects child molesters
That being said, birth control should always be an option for couples who cannot afford to bring another child into the world

Dec 30, 2019
I don't support the Catholic Church on anything is they are a criminal organization that protects child molesters
One has nothing to do with the other. There are highly educated Catholics that take understanding the Bible very serious. This is all done on a very advanced ThD level. There are issues with actually living the life we are told to live. All christians seem to have an issue with this. John Wesley did a substantial amount of teaching on Holiness and living free from sin. There is a rather small group of people that follow this teaching today that we are to live the life Jesus calls us to live and follow the example that He set for us. Jesus said to let those who are without sin throw the first stone. Otherwise we would all have to stone each other and no one would be left. Although clearly we are not to abuse children: “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.” (Matthew 18:6)

Some of the people that speak out against ThD's barely have a two year associate degree, if they even have that.

Dec 30, 2019
That being said, birth control should always be an option for couples who cannot afford to bring another child into the world
If I had it to do over again my daughter would be here with me and not in Heaven. I did not know when I sent my wife to the doctor for birth control that it would kill my daughter. We did not know until she had a miscarriage. If you read the warnings that come with the birth control pill clearly they can cause cancer and a lot of harm. Because they make the women to sick to have a baby by putting her hormones out of balance. The catholic church recommends Rhythm. In this day and age when you can get an app for your phone all the more we can control when to get pregnant and when not to get pregnant. Right now the Catholic church only recommends condoms to prevent the spread of disease and not for birth control. My wife has helped women to get pregnant that wanted to have a baby by the use of Rhythm and understanding their body and what is going on. They need to learn how to be in tune and in touch with themselves and avoid the use of dangerous drugs.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
I support the belief of the Catholic Church on Birth Control. Today I am glad that the Supreme Court ruled the way they did because I consider birth control to be dangerous and this is a win for women not to be subjected to something with the potential to harm them and their child. Yet with the exception of one women it was mostly men that made this decision for women. Also with apps designed to help women to chart their fertile periods we do not need to subject them to more harmful types of birth control. Even the Rhythm can be used to help women get pregnant. We know at least one women who got pregnant after my wife taught her about this.

The supreme court is changing as Trump is appointing more conservative people compared to the more liberal Biden Supreme Court.
This is literally the only thing I don't agree with. The no birth control issue is a man made law.

I do believe women should get birth control for free and the before after pill for women. This would be for rape victims. All of this should be free.

If our goal is to eliminate abortions this is the wrong step bc there needs to be an option for women. If a woman is too poor to afford birth control they definitely can't afford a baby. Saying well just don't sin is naive. What I would say to a daughter is God prefers you not, but here is protection to not completely ruin your life. I feel that is actually love, not stepping back and saying it's not your problem they sinned.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Part of the reason for the AIDS epidemic in Africa was that Catholics taught them it was a sin to use contraception

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Part of the reason for the AIDS epidemic in Africa was that Catholics taught them it was a sin to use contraception
Should they have refrained from this until after marriage in your opinion?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
But in the real world we all know people aren't going to do that

I take it though that you agree that it is correct to refrain from premarital sex correct? And then after marriage the usage of contraceptives would have no baring on aids correct?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I take it though that you agree that it is correct to refrain from premarital sex correct? And then after marriage the usage of contraceptives would have no baring on aids correct?
if you think people are not going to have premarital sex then you are completely disconnected from reality. Telling people not to use contraception is just dangerous and are responsible

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
if you think people are not going to have premarital sex then you are completely disconnected from reality. Telling people not to use contraception is just dangerous and are responsible
I suppose it's when and how one is raised. I am an old man and so yes waiting until marriage was a reality when I was in my youth. You will have to pardon me if I ask seemingly ignorant questions about this subject. I am asking because I am not sure what measure some see as sin from not sin with.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I support the belief of the Catholic Church on Birth Control. Today I am glad that the Supreme Court ruled the way they did because I consider birth control to be dangerous and this is a win for women not to be subjected to something with the potential to harm them and their child.
Did you not have a LINK to the Article reporting on their Ruling?

Nevermind.............had a problem getting it to open.......... Never mind, it doesn't say anything about the Ruling.....
so........................Confusing post/link for an old man

Dec 30, 2019
This would be for rape victims.
"About 85 to 90 percent of sexual assaults reported by college women are perpetrated by someone known to the victim; about half occur on a date. " https://nij.ojp.gov/topics/articles/most-victims-know-their-attacker

I know a girl who was raped and she made the choice for life. She use to take her daughter to the prison to visit with her father. She does not regret giving birth and life to her daughter. Having children is not always an easy choice to make. Each individual has to make that choice. The thing is that child goes back to Heaven. So if you want to go to Heaven then your going to need to be reconciled with your child. I have a daughter in Heaven and I had a dream about her. So I have had some limited contact with each other already. I am pretty sure she does not understand why she did not get the chance to live her life here on the Earth.

God writes the book of our life before we are born at conception (Psalm 139:16) That book of life is there with my daughter in Heaven and the Angels there are helping her to become the person God created her to be. So I actually learned a lot from that dream.