Survey Poll: Will you take the Covid 19 Vaccine

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will you take the Covid 19 Vaccine if it is considered safe and effective?

• Yes

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • Never

Votes: 98 60.9%
  • I will wait a year or more to see what happens with people who take it.

Votes: 28 17.4%

• Total voters
K

Karraster

Your article was from 2014. Did you notice?

If you google, use something like "flucelvax quad 2020-21" without the quotes. Pay attention to your source dates as it would be impossible to get data on a flu vaccine produced in 2020 from a publication produced in 2014.

A good place to start would be this link https://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/acip/2020-2021/acip-table.htm
It is egg based. And no I do not expect to develop a need to "cluck" lol. :)

And yes it does have some mercury from thimerosal and I am fine with that. If you want to make an issue of that please post your scientific documentation proving that there is a problem with thimersoal and do not bore me with mercury related information that is not applicable.

I do believe the science publications on the research about autism and vaccines that say that there is no link and so I am going to simply refuse to argue with people about it. They can all google and make up their own minds. I do believe that vaccines that are proven safe and effective and approved by the FDA can be and should be used to cure disease and save lives by the millions.

I do believe that people who do not want to believe that, and want to believe that broccoli can protect them from polio have that right and until a child is 18 (in the US) that child is at the mercy of their parents on this issue and that is just the way it is.

It is sad when a child dies of meningitis or whooping cough when there is a vaccine but the parents were convinced that vaccines were evil and harmful, so they would not vaccinate their children and they died, but we can't take parents rights away and so some children will continue to die because of ignorant parents.

I don't believe in forcing anyone to take a vaccine but how do we deal with a child dying from whooping cough because the parent did not want to vaccinate? Is that really OK?
Yes, I noticed that was when it was approved. It has the same name, are you saying it is not the same formula?

K

Karraster

I think people should do some serious research on the infant mortality rates prior to vaccination.... amazing what passes for facts now a days.
So, infant mortality rates in the last 100 years should determine if I get a flu shot? Alrighty then. :)

F

Fundamental

The exact ingredients are all well documented. You have to research your particular vaccine by name to find the scientific published data. General statements are the first sign of, misinformation and out right antivaxxer lies.

For example, if you read an argument about aborted fetal cells used in vaccines they should be specific about which vaccines they are talking about. Otherwise they are making blanket statements that do not apply to all vaccines.

Many of the current COVID-19 vaccines under development and final phased testing used ethically derived cells to resolve this issue and do not deserve to continually be lumped in the same list of vaccines that do still use the strain of cells originally obtained from fetus cells. When one rejects ALL vaccines based on this argument about fetus cells they expose their ignorance of vaccines.

Now I don't like the idea of using vaccines that were developed with the use of aborted fetus cells either but there is more to the story than that so here are a couple of things to add to your consideration:

The race is on to find a vaccine for COVID-19. The good news is that many of the world’s largest vaccine companies are developing promising vaccine candidates using ethically-derived cells. The bad news is that many of the leading vaccine candidates for the 2019 novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV2) are being developed using fetal cell lines that were originally derived from the tissues of aborted babies in the 1970s and 80s.

An example explanation about Fetus cells in vaccines:

Varicella (chickenpox), rubella (the “R” in the MMR vaccine), hepatitis A, and one preparation of rabies vaccine are all made by growing the viruses in fetal embryo fibroblast cells. Fibroblast cells are the cells needed to hold skin and other connective tissue together. The fetal embryo fibroblast cells used to grow vaccine viruses were first obtained from elective termination of two pregnancies in the early 1960s. These same embryonic cells obtained from the early 1960s have continued to grow in the laboratory and are used to make vaccines today. No further sources of fetal cells are needed to make these vaccines.

The reasons that fetal cells were originally used included:

• Viruses need cells to grow and tend to grow better in cells from humans than animals (because they infect humans).
  • Almost all cells die after they have divided a certain number of times; scientifically, this number is known as the Hayflick limit. For most cell lines, including fetal cells, it is around 50 divisions; however, because fetal cells have not divided as many times as other cell types, they can be used longer. In addition, because of the ability to maintain cells at very low temperatures, such as in liquid nitrogen, scientists are able to continue using the same fetal cell lines that were isolated in the 1960s.
As scientists studied these viruses in the lab, they found that the best cells to use were the fetal cells mentioned above. When it was time to make a vaccine, they continued growing the viruses in the cells that worked best during these earlier studies.

Even though fetal cells are used to grow vaccine viruses, vaccines do not contain these cells or pieces of DNA that are recognizable as human DNA. People can be reassured by the following:

• When viruses grow in cells, the cells are killed because in most cases the new viruses burst the cells to be released.
  • Once the vaccine virus is grown, it is purified, so that cellular debris and and growth reagents are removed.
  • During this process of purification, any remaining cellular DNA is also broken down. To learn more about DNA and vaccine, visit the “Vaccine ingredients – DNA” page.
As to what ingredients are in a vaccine, it depends on which vaccine.

FLUXELVAX QUAD can be researched. That is the flu vaccine that I just received. This will be a completely different list than what is in the Moderna mRNA vaccine. So making blanket statements about ingredients of vaccines is a sure sign you are reading or listening to deliberate liars. Stay sharp people and use that common sense and those research skills you learned in school.
What is ethical in that context?

S

Scribe

What is ethical in that context?
For example:
HeLa cells are named after Henrietta Lacks, a Black tobacco farmer and mother of five from Virginia who was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 1951. That cell line comes from a sample taken from her cervix by researchers at Johns Hopkins University when she was undergoing treatment there. These cells have been used in development of vaccines including the polio and human papilloma virus, or HPV, vaccines. They’ve even contributed to our understanding of the human genome.

I read a book called The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and if I remember right I don't think she gave persmission to use her cells so that might not be an "ethical" example.

Just google "which vaccines are made using ethically derived cells and you should be able to read about what cells were used. And then can decide if that vaccine meets your criteria for ethically derived. There are so many different cells used but what you really want to read about is the entire process. Cells are used to grow the cultures but cells are not used to inject into you. The final vaccine product does not contain cells, it contains virus antigens which is not the virus but it is what our immune system recognizes to produce it's own (yes that is natural) antibody related to that antigen it finds circulating in our blood. This antigen would be part of a real virus if it were ever to invade us and our immune system would be able to immediately defeat it.

The more I read about how our immune system works and how vaccines are made the more fascinated I am about how GOD made the human body and it causes me to give glory to God. So when others accuse vaccinations of somehow being antithetical to faith in God I am convinced they are not reading about immunology but are just repeating the foolishness and ignorance that pushed their buttons when they first heard it repeated by another ignorant person. Or they are just making things up as they go along, putting too much confidence in their own ability to 'imagine' how things really are instead of educating themselves, which takes work and reading.

Will I convince these ignorant people to stop being so ignorant? I don't know. I will let you know when I meet my first person who tells me that they were believing many lies about vaccines but after speaking with me and reading scientific resources about how vaccines are made, and how they work to cause our own immune system to defeat viruses, they changed their minds. As of right now I cannot think of anyone who has told me this. But then again I do not believe God has called me to be a vaccine evangelist so that is not really my mission.

F

Fundamental

For example:
HeLa cells are named after Henrietta Lacks, a Black tobacco farmer and mother of five from Virginia who was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 1951. That cell line comes from a sample taken from her cervix by researchers at Johns Hopkins University when she was undergoing treatment there. These cells have been used in development of vaccines including the polio and human papilloma virus, or HPV, vaccines. They’ve even contributed to our understanding of the human genome.

I read a book called The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and if I remember right I don't think she gave persmission to use her cells so that might not be an "ethical" example.

Just google "which vaccines are made using ethically derived cells and you should be able to read about what cells were used. And then can decide if that vaccine meets your criteria for ethically derived. There are so many different cells used but what you really want to read about is the entire process. Cells are used to grow the cultures but cells are not used to inject into you. The final vaccine product does not contain cells, it contains virus antigens which is not the virus but it is what our immune system recognizes to produce it's own (yes that is natural) antibody related to that antigen it finds circulating in our blood. This antigen would be part of a real virus if it were ever to invade us and our immune system would be able to immediately defeat it.

The more I read about how our immune system works and how vaccines are made the more fascinated I am about how GOD made the human body and it causes me to give glory to God. So when others accuse vaccinations of somehow being antithetical to faith in God I am convinced they are not reading about immunology but are just repeating the foolishness and ignorance that pushed their buttons when they first heard it repeated by another ignorant person. Or they are just making things up as they go along, putting too much confidence in their own ability to 'imagine' how things really are instead of educating themselves, which takes work and reading.

Will I convince these ignorant people to stop being so ignorant? I don't know. I will let you know when I meet my first person who tells me that they were believing many lies about vaccines but after speaking with me and reading scientific resources about how vaccines are made, and how they work to cause our own immune system to defeat viruses, they changed their minds. As of right now I cannot think of anyone who has told me this. But then again I do not believe God has called me to be a vaccine evangelist so that is not really my mission.
You give an example. But is the issue not those vaccines having fetal cells in them? Or even from other animals? How can this be done in ethical ways? Ethical from the christian perspective.
There is more then the MRC-59 cell line this day. Or even the WI-38 cell line.

Even for flue vaccines they get cells out of chicken eggs. Vegans should be able to deny this because what is ethical to them compared to a meatlover?

While it seems they are not using human cells in coronavaccin trials; they are using genetic modified viruses. With the flu they infect a chicken egg, let the virus replicate and harvest then the liquid with the virus in. They inactivate the virus and inject you to create antibodies and immunization.

This coronavaccin has caused an infection in the spinal cord, caused by a virus. They are thus not injecting inactive viruses in human beings but very active ones. This will cause and has caused other viral infections.
It is throwing water on burning oil.

We should not panic and take precautions. People were wreckless with the flu all their lives having killed God knows how many. Maybe it’s time to grow a little more hygienic and be on alert for cross contimatination when visiting other people. Feel sick? Don’t go till you feel better.
Why should the strong healing use a vaccine then?

S

Scribe

This news is scary!
30,000 participants and it is expected that a few will have more than a mild headache or a slight fever.

Most will experience mild cases of both since that is your immune system doing it's thing. I just got the flu shot a week ago, first night was a mild fever and I expected it. A slight headache, kind of like the one you get when you sleep too much. I did not go around telling people that the flu shot gave me the flu because I was not ignorant, and I knew that was my immune system reacting like it supposed to. If I did not get these mild symptoms I would probably be worried that the RN was an antivaxxer and might have given me saline or something. LOL. My mild symptoms gave me confidence that I am now protected from at least 4 of the main flu viruses they expect this year.

Nothing to be afraid of. Most people will not have a migraine or a 100 plus fever.

Also do a google search on using ZeroHedge as your source site. Talking about scary?

S

Scribe

You give an example. But is the issue not those vaccines having fetal cells in them? Or even from other animals? How can this be done in ethical ways? Ethical from the christian perspective.
There is more then the MRC-59 cell line this day. Or even the WI-38 cell line.

Even for flue vaccines they get cells out of chicken eggs. Vegans should be able to deny this because what is ethical to them compared to a meatlover?

While it seems they are not using human cells in coronavaccin trials; they are using genetic modified viruses. With the flu they infect a chicken egg, let the virus replicate and harvest then the liquid with the virus in. They inactivate the virus and inject you to create antibodies and immunization.

This coronavaccin has caused an infection in the spinal cord, caused by a virus. They are thus not injecting inactive viruses in human beings but very active ones. This will cause and has caused other viral infections.
It is throwing water on burning oil.

We should not panic and take precautions. People were wreckless with the flu all their lives having killed God knows how many. Maybe it’s time to grow a little more hygienic and be on alert for cross contimatination when visiting other people. Feel sick? Don’t go till you feel better.
Why should the strong healing use a vaccine then?
There are different types of COVID vaccines in development and in final phase testing. The Moderna mRNA vaccine which will probably be the first approved does not use virus parts. It uses genetically coded RNA that our immune system will use to create a protein, or something similar to that. One would have to read about the entire process to determine if it violates any of their ethics rather than just conclude that it is evil based on some other vaccine process that does not apply.

F

Fundamental

There are different types of COVID vaccines in development and in final phase testing. The Moderna mRNA vaccine which will probably be the first approved does not use virus parts. It uses genetically coded RNA that our immune system will use to create a protein, or something similar to that. One would have to read about the entire process to determine if it violates any of their ethics rather than just conclude that it is evil based on some other vaccine process that does not apply.
The genetic coded RNA IS a virus.

F

Fundamental

Quote;
Live vaccines
Live vaccines use a weakened (attenuated) form of the germ that causes a disease. This kind of vaccine prompts an immune response without causing disease. The term attenuated means that the vaccine's ability to cause disease has been reduced.

Live vaccines are used to protect against measles, mumps, rubella, smallpox and chickenpox. As a result, the infrastructure is in place to develop these kinds of vaccines.

However, live virus vaccines often need extensive safety testing. Some live viruses can be transmitted to a person who isn't immunized. This is a concern for people who have weakened immune systems.

Genetically engineered vaccines
This type of vaccine uses genetically engineered RNA or DNAthat has instructions for making copies of the S protein. These copies prompt an immune response to the virus. With this approach, no infectious virus needs to be handled. While genetically engineered vaccines are in the works, none has been licensed for human use.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-vaccine/art-20484859
;unquote

Now tell me Scribe, what went wrong with patients having these coronavaccines tested on them? Exactly what experts have been saying that are blacked out by our own media. You can not rush this and there is no need for politicans to rush it.
They can stick it in their own arse.

F

Fundamental

30,000 participants and it is expected that a few will have more than a mild headache or a slight fever.

Most will experience mild cases of both since that is your immune system doing it's thing. I just got the flu shot a week ago, first night was a mild fever and I expected it. A slight headache, kind of like the one you get when you sleep too much. I did not go around telling people that the flu shot gave me the flu because I was not ignorant, and I knew that was my immune system reacting like it supposed to. If I did not get these mild symptoms I would probably be worried that the RN was an antivaxxer and might have given me saline or something. LOL. My mild symptoms gave me confidence that I am now protected from at least 4 of the main flu viruses they expect this year.

Nothing to be afraid of. Most people will not have a migraine or a 100 plus fever.

Also do a google search on using ZeroHedge as your source site. Talking about scary?
Zerohedge is a reliable source. Google not anymore with their algorhytmns. It is mainsteam defined.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I don't believe in forcing anyone to take a vaccine but how do we deal with a child dying from whooping cough because the parent did not want to vaccinate? Is that really OK?
As "harsh" as it may sound to you - yes, it really is - and, let me tell you why...

In the big picture . . .

It is the Parent and not the State that has the God-given responsibility for the child - and the authority that goes with it.

If a parent makes a bad decision for the child, and a child dies - it is God that will judge them on Judgment Day.

By the authority of Almighty God, it is the right of the Parent - not the State - to make decisions for the child.

If the State puts forth effort to usurp authority over a child, they are only attempting to overrule God.

If a parent takes a gun and shoots a child - and the child dies - that would be considered murder.

However, to choose the 'natural' path of health in good conscience is innocent and not evil.

Most parents love their children and would do anything to keep them safe from serious harm or death - including, giving their own life if necessary.

The State does not care nearly that much for that child. In general - this is a FACT that cannot be disputed by anyone with any common sense.

As a rule - and a good one at that - the Parent is a much better caretaker of a child - not the State.

The moment you give the child over to the State, you do the greatest possible injury to the child. [1]

"You cannot loose sight of the big picture lest you risk destroying the big picture."

What you see happening right now in this world is largely due to the fact that too many people have lost sight of 'the big picture'...

~

It is good to know that you do not believe in forcing anyone to take a vaccine.

~

[1] BTW - you should research "the ALL CAPITAL LETTERS NAME on the birth certificate" - it is a real eye-opener...

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
We deal with it by trusting in God - and allow the Parent - and not the State - to make [all of] the decisions regarding the health of their children.

GyO

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
UK

Scribe! Stop harassing me with your foolish advice and making devilish suggestions to Christians. And there IS a lot to be afraid of!
The more you write in this topic the more I am convinced that you are not from the true God but you work for the devil.

GyO

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
UK
As "harsh" as it may sound to you - yes, it really is - and, let me tell you why...

In the big picture . . .

It is the Parent and not the State that has the God-given responsibility for the child - and the authority that goes with it.

If a parent makes a bad decision for the child, and a child dies - it is God that will judge them on Judgment Day.

By the authority of Almighty God, it is the right of the Parent - not the State - to make decisions for the child.

If the State puts forth effort to usurp authority over a child, they are only attempting to overrule God.

If a parent takes a gun and shoots a child - and the child dies - that would be considered murder.

However, to choose the 'natural' path of health in good conscience is innocent and not evil.

Most parents love their children and would do anything to keep them safe from serious harm or death - including, giving their own life if necessary.

The State does not care nearly that much for that child. In general - this is a FACT that cannot be disputed by anyone with any common sense.

As a rule - and a good one at that - the Parent is a much better caretaker of a child - not the State.

The moment you give the child over to the State, you do the greatest possible injury to the child. [1]

"You cannot loose sight of the big picture lest you risk destroying the big picture."

What you see happening right now in this world is largely due to the fact that too many people have lost sight of 'the big picture'...

~

It is good to know that you do not believe in forcing anyone to take a vaccine.

~

[1] BTW - you should research "the ALL CAPITAL LETTERS NAME on the birth certificate" - it is a real eye-opener...
"...it is God that will judge them on Judgment Day..."
WELL SAID!

GyO

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
UK
Covid vaccine with a RFID chip?

This is what I've mentioned earlier. Here we have now a 24/7 tracking system injected straight into your blood to be able to be tracked down anywhere and anytime in this planet.
This will serve the plan of the One World Government to persecute and kill every christian that follow Jesus Christ. I can see how the truth in the Bible is revealed about the future events.
Christians! Pray to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ to guide you and protect you from evil.