Survey Poll: Will you take the Covid 19 Vaccine

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will you take the Covid 19 Vaccine if it is considered safe and effective?

• Yes

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • Never

Votes: 98 60.9%
  • I will wait a year or more to see what happens with people who take it.

Votes: 28 17.4%

• Total voters

Johnpaulq

Jan 6, 2021
Better to wait and understand the side effect. Did anyone watch the video the of nurse fainted:eek:

S

SophieT

I don't know what you are saying.
She has deposited this exact post 9 times in the forums, 8 of which are in 8 different threads.

Questionable IMO

S

SophieT

Here are my questions again, pertaining to your 'international' thoughts. They are addressed to your copy/paste posts.

I would like to know what you are actually thinking with the above remarks. You made the remarks and now I would like to know just who you might think fits either description.

I have the impression that you may have specifics in mind.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"I am from the UK and very international in my outlook. What we are seeing in the USA is absolutely shameful."

The attacks on America and Americas freedoms are understandable when seen through the lens of God and His plan to redeem mankind, the U.K. have never been citizens, only subjects. It would be well if subjects and citizens all around the world would join in the fight to defeat evil and not pile on.

S

Scribe

Hi @Scribe how are you doing?
I was just wondering what your thoughts were on Bill Gates...
Hello PC123,

I am doing very well thank you.

In regards to my thoughts about Bill Gates;

I will give the long answer and bookmark it to refer to when it the subject comes up again, as I am sure it will.

I like the guy myself. I think he really wants to make a positive difference in the world and save lives.

I believe in the science and the history of effectiveness of vaccines that have saved millions of lives, so I am in total agreement that funding efforts to vaccinate poor people who are dying in different parts of the world on a daily basis from diseases that developed countries no longer worry about is a great cause. (Howbeit his vaccine funding efforts are directed toward vaccines in general not just poor countries)

Getting them fresh water from wells or water treatment plants is another great cause. I remember when I was a kid and we knew these people were dying from parasites, diseases, starvation and we were told that no one country has the resources to fix all the worlds problems and that solving these problems was not that simple. But it really was a lot more simple than what we were told.

Bill sounds like a deist from his interviews about religion, he believes in morality based on faith in God. (Google his interview on faith in God by the Rolling Stone magazine) He also comes across as believing that his work with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation would be found to be in line with his perception of what God cares about, (i.e. human compassion) and with that I must agree. Christians should be on the forefront of these types of life saving efforts as long as they also include a clear presentation of the Gospel which is our chief mission.

I reject all of the negative slander made up by haters and dishonest video clippings that don't fully explain his views on how vaccines can reduce world population by causing parents in third world countries to not feel the need to have so many children because with vaccines they can stop fearing that many of them will not reach adulthood. They will not have 10 kids if they know that 5 or more will not die from malaria before they reach adulthood and can help take care of there parents when they are too old to feed the family. So when he is seen in the video saying vaccines will reduce the population one must understand he has already explained how.

I also fear God when it comes to entertaining false accusations and I tremble at the judgments pronounced on those who make false accusations. It is one of the things that God hates and calls an abomination. It is as wicked as homosexual sins. ABOMINATION. God HATES it. How someone can do it with no fear, or sleep at night without falling on their face and repenting I will never understand.

I read his book "The Road Ahead" in the 80s and it helped me to change careers. I switched from being an owner of a roofing company to finding a niche in the Corporate IT security services industry.

I don't agree with the idea of the need to reduce world population.
I have never thought that it was a solution we should be focused on. I think that the worlds greatest resource is it's people. You never know which one of your 10 kids might invent a form of farming that solves a hunger issue. I have always believed in focusing on other solutions to problems that we think is caused by world population. But I am not an expert on the subject.

Putting aside this theory of Bill Gates, (how that vaccines will result in parents in third world countries having less children) it is really a side issue. I believe that Bill Gates is more concerned with saving lives with vaccines than reducing world population as a result. I don't think it is fair to focus only on his presentation of a side benefit of vaccines in third world countries (reducing world population) and turning it into a conspiracy that it is his main reason for funding vaccines. He believes in saving lives with vaccines whether it reduced world population or not.

Now anyone who googles "Bill Gates views on Vaccines and World Population" could have learned what I have said in a few minutes so I have learned not to discuss these issues with most people. I have become suspect of anyone who passes on a false accusation now days. It is just too easy to fact check things.

Whatever you have heard about Bill Gates that sounds like a sensational shocking thing, just Google it and read the fact checks. If you don't believe that you can trust anything that you find in your Google search then why believe that you can trust anything you can find in a YouTube search? I don't think it requires being saved to discern between credible information and poorly crafted slander and conspiracy theories.

And since I find the false accusations obvious I know that the ones who produce and spread it know they are wrong and are doing it anyway for entertainment. However I don't think it is excusable before the Lord to pass it on even if you justify that you just want people to "be informed"

That is how I feel about the Bill Gates chatter on the internet.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Hello PC123,

I am doing very well thank you.

In regards to my thoughts about Bill Gates;

I will give the long answer and bookmark it to refer to when it the subject comes up again, as I am sure it will.

I like the guy myself. I think he really wants to make a positive difference in the world and save lives.

I believe in the science and the history of effectiveness of vaccines that have saved millions of lives, so I am in total agreement that funding efforts to vaccinate poor people who are dying in different parts of the world on a daily basis from diseases that developed countries no longer worry about is a great cause. (Howbeit his vaccine funding efforts are directed toward vaccines in general not just poor countries)

Getting them fresh water from wells or water treatment plants is another great cause. I remember when I was a kid and we knew these people were dying from parasites, diseases, starvation and we were told that no one country has the resources to fix all the worlds problems and that solving these problems was not that simple. But it really was a lot more simple than what we were told.

Bill sounds like a deist from his interviews about religion, he believes in morality based on faith in God. (Google his interview on faith in God by the Rolling Stone magazine) He also comes across as believing that his work with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation would be found to be in line with his perception of what God cares about, (i.e. human compassion) and with that I must agree. Christians should be on the forefront of these types of life saving efforts as long as they also include a clear presentation of the Gospel which is our chief mission.

I reject all of the negative slander made up by haters and dishonest video clippings that don't fully explain his views on how vaccines can reduce world population by causing parents in third world countries to not feel the need to have so many children because with vaccines they can stop fearing that many of them will not reach adulthood. They will not have 10 kids if they know that 5 or more will not die from malaria before they reach adulthood and can help take care of there parents when they are too old to feed the family. So when he is seen in the video saying vaccines will reduce the population one must understand he has already explained how.

I also fear God when it comes to entertaining false accusations and I tremble at the judgments pronounced on those who make false accusations. It is one of the things that God hates and calls an abomination. It is as wicked as homosexual sins. ABOMINATION. God HATES it. How someone can do it with no fear, or sleep at night without falling on their face and repenting I will never understand.

I read his book "The Road Ahead" in the 80s and it helped me to change careers. I switched from being an owner of a roofing company to finding a niche in the Corporate IT security services industry.

I don't agree with the idea of the need to reduce world population. I have never thought that it was a solution we should be focused on. I think that the worlds greatest resource is it's people. You never know which one of your 10 kids might invent a form of farming that solves a hunger issue. I have always believed in focusing on other solutions to problems that we think is caused by world population. But I am not an expert on the subject.

Putting aside this theory of Bill Gates, (how that vaccines will result in parents in third world countries having less children) it is really a side issue. I believe that Bill Gates is more concerned with saving lives with vaccines than reducing world population as a result. I don't think it is fair to focus only on his presentation of a side benefit of vaccines in third world countries (reducing world population) and turning it into a conspiracy that it is his main reason for funding vaccines. He believes in saving lives with vaccines whether it reduced world population or not.

Now anyone who googles "Bill Gates views on Vaccines and World Population" could have learned what I have said in a few minutes so I have learned not to discuss these issues with most people. I have become suspect of anyone who passes on a false accusation now days. It is just too easy to fact check things.

Whatever you have heard about Bill Gates that sounds like a sensational shocking thing, just Google it and read the fact checks. If you don't believe that you can trust anything that you find in your Google search then why believe that you can trust anything you can find in a YouTube search? I don't think it requires being saved to discern between credible information and poorly crafted slander and conspiracy theories.

And since I find the false accusations obvious I know that the ones who produce and spread it know they are wrong and are doing it anyway for entertainment. However I don't think it is excusable before the Lord to pass it on even if you justify that you just want people to "be informed"

That is how I feel about the Bill Gates chatter on the internet.
Cheers. I actually admire your optimism and wish i was more like that. But not only have i always been skeptical, my experiences with people, government and society has led me even further to distrust humans...

I have never heard him talk about God so i had to find that interview. It was the final question...

Do you believe in God?
"I agree with people like Richard Dawkins that mankind felt the need for creation myths. Before we really began to understand disease and the weather and things like that, we sought false explanations for them. Now science has filled in some of the realm – not all – that religion used to fill. But the mystery and the beauty of the world is overwhelmingly amazing, and there’s no scientific explanation of how it came about. To say that it was generated by random numbers, that does seem, you know, sort of an uncharitable view [laughs]. I think it makes sense to believe in God, but exactly what decision in your life you make differently because of it, I don’t know."

Lets get one thing clear... Bill Gates is obviously an atheist...
He agrees with Richard Dawkins who is not only an atheist but an outspoken anti-theist...
He claims to understand disease and the weather now so he doesn't need God. Calls him a myth...

U know the noise surrounding his vaccine campaigns in Africa and India? How they killed, maimed and sterilized millions of people, how India kicked him out of the country. Claim made by people in those countries, including government officials.
Conspiracy theorists? Anti science? Anti vaxers? To me their not arguments. Using them doesn't help you persuade anyone either, if anything its turning skeptics into anti vaxers

I know what he said, people do misquote him and they don't know his explanation...
First of all he doesn't say to reduce the population but its growth...
That part of his Ted talk started getting closely examined by more and more people... The explanation he eventually released feels like a desperate attempt to try and get rid of the bad press... His logic is that people were having more kids so that they would look after them when their old... But no one thinks about that when their making love to their partners. Its not even discussed when planning a family, a 30 yo isn't thinking about being looked after at the age of 70...

He has said and done heaps of questionable things. Eg he owns a patent to covid an ran a simulation of the covid pandemic in 2019. Coincidence... Ok. Then how has he been able to predict this pandemic... Coincidence...

From day one he has been talking about vaccinating the whole world. What the hell for. Thats my number one concern, forced vaccinations and all my arguments are tied to that... Its a major conflict of interest that would of never been acceptable a few years ago but now, your demonized for even repeating a quote of his

Exaggerate the pandemic and they will force the experimental vaccine...
Downplay it and they will have less chance of it...

In his recent interviews he is not saying things like "i think we will remain masked", he is saying "we will remain masked". His is now telling us what his going to do...

So as long as he wants to force an experimental needle into me i will oppose him...

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I forgot abut his plan to microchip us as well... I don't trust his experimental vaccine.

S

Scribe

Cheers. I actually admire your optimism and wish i was more like that. But not only have i always been skeptical, my experiences with people, government and society has led me even further to distrust humans...

I have never heard him talk about God so i had to find that interview. It was the final question...

Do you believe in God?
"I agree with people like Richard Dawkins that mankind felt the need for creation myths. Before we really began to understand disease and the weather and things like that, we sought false explanations for them. Now science has filled in some of the realm – not all – that religion used to fill. But the mystery and the beauty of the world is overwhelmingly amazing, and there’s no scientific explanation of how it came about. To say that it was generated by random numbers, that does seem, you know, sort of an uncharitable view [laughs]. I think it makes sense to believe in God, but exactly what decision in your life you make differently because of it, I don’t know."

Lets get one thing clear... Bill Gates is obviously an atheist...
He agrees with Richard Dawkins who is not only an atheist but an outspoken anti-theist...
He claims to understand disease and the weather now so he doesn't need God. Calls him a myth...

U know the noise surrounding his vaccine campaigns in Africa and India? How they killed, maimed and sterilized millions of people, how India kicked him out of the country. Claim made by people in those countries, including government officials.
Conspiracy theorists? Anti science? Anti vaxers? To me their not arguments. Using them doesn't help you persuade anyone either, if anything its turning skeptics into anti vaxers

I know what he said, people do misquote him and they don't know his explanation...
First of all he doesn't say to reduce the population but its growth...
That part of his Ted talk started getting closely examined by more and more people... The explanation he eventually released feels like a desperate attempt to try and get rid of the bad press... His logic is that people were having more kids so that they would look after them when their old... But no one thinks about that when their making love to their partners. Its not even discussed when planning a family, a 30 yo isn't thinking about being looked after at the age of 70...

He has said and done heaps of questionable things. Eg he owns a patent to covid an ran a simulation of the covid pandemic in 2019. Coincidence... Ok. Then how has he been able to predict this pandemic... Coincidence...

From day one he has been talking about vaccinating the whole world. What the hell for. Thats my number one concern, forced vaccinations and all my arguments are tied to that... Its a major conflict of interest that would of never been acceptable a few years ago but now, your demonized for even repeating a quote of his

Exaggerate the pandemic and they will force the experimental vaccine...
Downplay it and they will have less chance of it...

In his recent interviews he is not saying things like "i think we will remain masked", he is saying "we will remain masked". His is now telling us what his going to do...

So as long as he wants to force an experimental needle into me i will oppose him...
I have fact checked the claims about India and Africa several times and they all turned out to be nonsense. I have posted them in the past. It is so easy to fact check I don't even bother to talk about it with people any longer. If they want to believe it, they won't accept the fact check rebuttals anyway.

I don't really care if he is an atheist or a deist. I still believe in getting vaccines to poor people who can't pay. And so I am glad he is funding such efforts. His religious opinions don't change the moral value of providing vaccines to people who will live because they got them. It is a good thing.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
I think the scientific papers written by the immunologist and virologist, medical organizations, university studies, science journals, CDC, FDA, results of safety testing, history of vaccines studies done since the 80s to answer the antivaxxer movement false accusations and all those involved in the actual vaccines in question are a the better source material than people in chat rooms including myself. I say get and education. For some that might mean community college courses to learn what they failed to learn in High School. Learning how to find credible sources. It's never too late to learn. :)

I think avoiding entertainment helps to get a grip on reality. I have not watched any TV in years. I do not watch movies. As a result I have been astounded at how much time people spend entertaining themselves with mindless, unrealistic entertainment and then discuss things from that same perspective of a reality adapted by fantasy TV.
Covid is supposedly a hoax according to many Trump. But Trump was taking hydroxychloroquine(which turned out to be ineffective), to protect himself from covid.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I believe it was found to be effective, it was administered to people who were way too far past it's efficacy.

S

SophieT

I don't really care if he is an atheist or a deist. I still believe in getting vaccines to poor people who can't pay. And so I am glad he is funding such efforts. His religious opinions don't change the moral value of providing vaccines to people who will live because they got them. It is a good thing.
Well you should care.

A person acts out of what they believe and Gates has a very bad history and his conscience does not bother him.

Believe as you will

S

SophieT

Covid is supposedly a hoax according to many Trump. But Trump was taking hydroxychloroquine(which turned out to be ineffective), to protect himself from covid.
Strange how an effective drug can be around for decades and then all of sudden is relegated to the death spiral of drugs.

Ridiculous. A person is far better off taking something that aids their immune system then taking strange and not wonderful new drugs that have been developed in months and not tested as they would normally be. The thing is though, they have been developing this type of vaccine for years which is why they were able to implement it so quickly. That has actually been posted before.

So much better to force a tube down someones throat and get a bonus from the gov. But have you heard that some in the medical profession now admit that these people actually would have done better on oxygen than what they actually had to suffer?

And why are so many health professionals refusing the vaccine?

Nothing to see here :rolleyes:

Statements such as yours, with no evidence of what you say, are opinions and there is not a shortage of those in this forum and online and in the leftist news.

Let no crisis go to waste.

S

Scribe

Well you should care.

A person acts out of what they believe and Gates has a very bad history and his conscience does not bother him.

Believe as you will
Christian's aren't called to hate on non Christians but to love them and introduce them to Christ. Your willingness to jump on the ban wagon of internet slander against a man you don't know and judge his motives for funding vaccines cast a shadow on the healthy condition of your own conscience.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Drs, can and have covered for each other, as one told me, "because you never know when you might need them to cover for you".

S

SophieT

Christian's aren't called to hate on non Christians but to love them and introduce them to Christ. Your willingness to jump on the ban wagon of internet slander against a man you don't know and judge his motives for funding vaccines cast a shadow on the healthy condition of your own conscience.
Christians are not called to defend the indefensible. As I have previously posted back in the history of this thread, Gates is anything but the philanthropist he tries to present himself as.

Now let's deal with your little red herring.

1. No one but you has mentioned the word hate. You believe yourself to be a Christian? Then stop with the inflammatory posts directed to misdirect what someone says. If you cannot present your opinion without insulting the intelligence of other members, then take a few communication courses. IMO, it would really help with your self-righteous attitude.

2. No one but you said anything about judgement. Yet, that is exactly what you are doing here and you do this to other members as well. You insult people with your rhetoric and try to engage them in back and forth personal arguments.

The theatrics of your post and the false allegations are symptomatic of an individual who has an intolerance for others and what they might say. This, is most often the function of a person who is afraid of being wrong as they wrongly assume others will judge their character if they make a mistake.

And finally, how do you know I do not know Bill Gates? You don't really know that.

You seem to haunt this thread. You jump immediately and that in itself is worrying. Again, I recommend a couple of courses on communication because no one thinks more highly of you than do you.

You go back on ignore because I am tempted to tell you what I really think about your habitual non -informative, ridiculous posturing and attempts to make others less than yourself due to your inferiority complex with classic narcissism. Simply put, you are afraid to be you so you hide behind that mask.

Bye