Survey Poll: Will you take the Covid 19 Vaccine

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will you take the Covid 19 Vaccine if it is considered safe and effective?

• Yes

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • Never

Votes: 98 60.9%
  • I will wait a year or more to see what happens with people who take it.

Votes: 28 17.4%

• Total voters

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
Never. I would rather take my chances with covid than the vaccine for it. My odds of surviving covid are about 99% so I am not too scared.

S

Scribe

Never. I would rather take my chances with covid than the vaccine for it. My odds of surviving covid are about 99% so I am not too scared.
So are you thinking that if everyone in the USA gets it that 3,000,000 will die? That's a lot of people. I think I would rather be vaccinated since no one has died from the vaccine and more importantly no one who has been vaccinated has died from COVID. It's still early but if this statistic holds out it will be 100% survival if vacinated. I know that 99% looks good to you but that means 1 out of a 100? 1,000,000 deaths out of 100,000,000. Think about it. 99% survival is not nearly as good as 100% which is 0 deaths.
So far Vaccines = 0 Covid deaths.
No Vaccines = 450,000 deaths and counting.
99% does not look so good anymore does it? :eek:

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
So are you thinking that if everyone in the USA gets it that 3,000,000 will die? That's a lot of people. I think I would rather be vaccinated since no one has died from the vaccine and more importantly no one who has been vaccinated has died from COVID. It's still early but if this statistic holds out it will be 100% survival if vacinated. I know that 99% looks good to you but that means 1 out of a 100? 1,000,000 deaths out of 100,000,000. Think about it. 99% survival is not nearly as good as 100% which is 0 deaths.

so, you think that the country with the best and one of the biggest medical industry in the world has by far the most deaths in the world??

if you do, i have some coastal property in utah i would like to make you an offer on.......

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
99% looks excellent to me still. 1% is a very small mortality number in my opinion. Even if it numbers up to 3million in the U.S. cause the population is around 300 million. I'd take the chances

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
so, you think that the country with the best and one of the biggest medical industry in the world has by far the most deaths in the world??

if you do, i have some coastal property in utah i would like to make you an offer on.......
You think America has one of the best health care systems? :D You must be american...

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Even during the pandemic...
In three months time this year...

150 million Americans received an influenza vaccine.

We haven't even immunized 20 million Americans yet...

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Even during the pandemic...
In three months time this year...

150 million Americans received an influenza vaccine.

We haven't even immunized 20 million Americans yet...
Flu vaccine doesn't have the refrigeration requirements that covid19 has.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Flu vaccine doesn't have the refrigeration requirements that covid19 has.
Only the Pfizer vaccine needs that severe cold storage... Moderna doesn't...it can sit right next to the flu vaccine in the same fridge.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Only the Pfizer vaccine needs that severe cold storage...
Which tells you that it is simply a bomb ticking away until the next electrical outage.

There has been at least one situation where the extremely low temperatures failed, yet the *vaccine* was used as though nothing had happened.

BEWARE OF ALL MRNA VACCINES. THEY DON'T EVEN PROTECT YOU AGAINST PROPAGANDA.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Which tells you that it is simply a bomb ticking away until the next electrical outage.

There has been at least one situation where the extremely low temperatures failed, yet the *vaccine* was used as though nothing had happened.

BEWARE OF ALL MRNA VACCINES. THEY DON'T EVEN PROTECT YOU AGAINST PROPAGANDA.
They make dry ice just for these situations...

Where the problem currently lies is in the distribution of vaccines...

It's taking our governments wayyyy too long to distribute them.

And no one seems to have an answer as to why. And it's a little maddening.

Currently there's almost five times as many vaccine doses in storage as injections given...the outlying rural counties don't seem to be having any trouble whatsoever...they are almost to the point of "whoever else wants one" but our cities are still on medical personell and nursing homes/elderly.

Their excuse?
"Cities have more people"

And we are just staring at them like they are stupid...and they are because they can't seem to figure out why we aren't accepting of that answer. Especially when they are sitting on a huge pile of vaccines.

And we also know for a fact that private parties (like university medical center) has distributed most of the vaccines that have been given. The state and county has done practically nothing. The concept of "hire some people" or "ask for volunteers" seems to be way beyond their brainpower.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
They make dry ice just for these situations...

Where the problem currently lies is in the distribution of vaccines...

It's taking our governments wayyyy too long to distribute them.

And no one seems to have an answer as to why. And it's a little maddening.

Currently there's almost five times as many vaccine doses in storage as injections given...the outlying rural counties don't seem to be having any trouble whatsoever...they are almost to the point of "whoever else wants one" but our cities are still on medical personell and nursing homes/elderly.

Their excuse?
"Cities have more people"

And we are just staring at them like they are stupid...and they are because they can't seem to figure out why we aren't accepting of that answer. Especially when they are sitting on a huge pile of vaccines.

And we also know for a fact that private parties (like university medical center) has distributed most of the vaccines that have been given. The state and county has done practically nothing. The concept of "hire some people" or "ask for volunteers" seems to be way beyond their brainpower.
I think that "injection by appointment" is a major delaying factor in the rapid distribution of the vaccine. Our health department, hospital, and a doctor's office set up a mass vaccination center at the fair grounds. With 10 drive thru lines, the vaccinated almost 1800 people in 7 hrs. The local law enforcement agencies managed traffic flow. A second day is scheduled to give the second vaccination the same way. The largest appointment day only vaccinated about 300 people. We are a small county. We are still only vaccinating 65+ and direct care/first responders. Plans are underway to use the same drive thru setup when the under 65 people are allowed to get them. Plans are also underway to provide vaccinations in school (we've been in person learning since September) when vaccines become available.

I don't see why large cities don't set up the same type of mass drive through programs, or walk thru programs.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I think that "injection by appointment" is a major delaying factor in the rapid distribution of the vaccine. Our health department, hospital, and a doctor's office set up a mass vaccination center at the fair grounds. With 10 drive thru lines, the vaccinated almost 1800 people in 7 hrs. The local law enforcement agencies managed traffic flow. A second day is scheduled to give the second vaccination the same way. The largest appointment day only vaccinated about 300 people. We are a small county. We are still only vaccinating 65+ and direct care/first responders. Plans are underway to use the same drive thru setup when the under 65 people are allowed to get them. Plans are also underway to provide vaccinations in school (we've been in person learning since September) when vaccines become available.

I don't see why large cities don't set up the same type of mass drive through programs, or walk thru programs.
Not even going to argue with you about that...
Appointment style vaccinations require a HUGE amount of labor to accomplish...
Setting appointments and people control and management as well as administering the vaccines is very labor intensive.

"All Come who fit this profile at X locations" is much better for fast distribution and low labor expense for limited labor situations.

And nobody here except for the rural counties are doing that here.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Not even going to argue with you about that...
Appointment style vaccinations require a HUGE amount of labor to accomplish...
Setting appointments and people control and management as well as administering the vaccines is very labor intensive.

"All Come who fit this profile at X locations" is much better for fast distribution and low labor expense for limited labor situations.

And nobody here except for the rural counties are doing that here.
One time all come distributions are great, but they also involve long lines. Week long, or continuous all come distributions would reduce line lengths, and work well in large cities.

We are very fortunate to have an active community heath department. They took the bull by the horns early on.

Aug 16, 2020
Central Florida, USA
I received my second Pfizer COVID vaccination on Friday.

There were NO problems with it. I didn't get dizzy. I didn't suffer a fever and I didn't grow a forked tail.

The Bible says, "love your neighbor as yourself."

I will NOT be responsible for my neighbor's DEATH.

I don't like ANY of the precautions we're supposed to exercise. On the other hand, I will do what is required of me to insure the health of myself, my family, my neighbors and total strangers I come in contact with each day.

To do less is to deny the words of Jesus Christ, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Do Christians think Jesus is a liar or delusional? Then why do they not take His words to heart?

Probably because they are Christian in name only. There's a lot of the disease of hypocrisy going around - especially in our churches. That disease is without a doubt worse than COVID.

Stop arguing like spoiled children and do you part to eliminate this plague. Stop acting like idiots. DO SOMETHING to help your neighbor. Because if you don't you'll have no one to cry to when death knocks on your door.

God will laugh at your foolishness. (Psalm 37:13)

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I received my second Pfizer COVID vaccination on Friday.

There were NO problems with it. I didn't get dizzy. I didn't suffer a fever and I didn't grow a forked tail.

The Bible says, "love your neighbor as yourself."

I will NOT be responsible for my neighbor's DEATH.

I don't like ANY of the precautions we're supposed to exercise. On the other hand, I will do what is required of me to insure the health of myself, my family, my neighbors and total strangers I come in contact with each day.

To do less is to deny the words of Jesus Christ, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Do Christians think Jesus is a liar or delusional? Then why do they not take His words to heart?

Probably because they are Christian in name only. There's a lot of the disease of hypocrisy going around - especially in our churches. That disease is without a doubt worse than COVID.

Stop arguing like spoiled children and do you part to eliminate this plague. Stop acting like idiots. DO SOMETHING to help your neighbor. Because if you don't you'll have no one to cry to when death knocks on your door.

God will laugh at your foolishness. (Psalm 37:13)

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

you think that one has to be jewish and keep the Law and the jewish Sabbath to be a Christ follower.

very discrediting.

and . folks like you will be chastising other Christ followers for not taking the mark of the beast...

K

KT88

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Survey Poll: Will you take the Covid 19 Vaccine when testing has been completed and it is considered safe and effective and being offered?
I took the first vaccine dose. Need to schedule the second.

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
I took the first vaccine dose. Need to schedule the second.
I have now had the first virus vaccine dose and have 2 1/2 weeks to wait to get the second dose. I believe that substantial medical research has already been done to determine if these shots are safe.

Polio and smallpox have both been almost eliminated from the world because of shots given to prevent these diseases. Some people are reluctant to get the virus shot, the flu shot or any other kind of shot: they are leaving themselves wide open to disease.