T.V

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
How many of you have given up a pleasure for the Lord...I used to really enjoy settling down for the evening to watch my soap`s, it`s something i have done since my children were little, once they were in bed i would make my evening drink and sit glued to the T.V watching each soap. Many year`s later and now a much older women, i live on my own, and up untill a few week`s ago i was doing the same thing, have my bath, then dinner and settle down for the soap programs, but 3 week`s ago i felt the Holy Spirit put on my heart that what i was watching was not pleasing to Him, to be honest i thought it was my own thoughts and carried on watching them night after night, but then i realized that the soaps i had been watching for years were making me turn away from viewing,i was closing my eyes on certain parts, they became less enjoyable which made me realize that yes in fact it was the Holy Spirit talking to me, you see the soap programs are now introducing same sex relationships which means the viewers watch men kissing men and women with women, then on another there was a character who plays a church role kissing an outsider, that`s not to mention what else goes on in these soaps, it made me aware how the once simple shows to wind down to at the end of the evening are no longer family viewing, back in the days i wouldnt dream of sending one of my children out while viewing these soaps, but now i would cringe watching it if any of my grand children were snuggled up with me. Children are seeing these thing`s all over the place and unless we teach them that these things are wrong, i am afraid that my grand children will grow up thinking this is the norm. Since these actions are against the Holy Spirit, after two weeks of watching no telly, yesterday i removed it from my bedroom, i have had temptation to go back to it, but now it`s gone, instead i have been watching great documentaries about people who risked and still do risk their lives for our beautiful LORD Jesus Christ, we have to be careful what our eyes do see, so that`s one past pleasure that i have given up, do you have any and if so, can you share...:) xox...

Billyd

May 8, 2014
How many of you have given up a pleasure for the Lord...I used to really enjoy settling down for the evening to watch my soap`s, it`s something i have done since my children were little, once they were in bed i would make my evening drink and sit glued to the T.V watching each soap. Many year`s later and now a much older women, i live on my own, and up untill a few week`s ago i was doing the same thing, have my bath, then dinner and settle down for the soap programs, but 3 week`s ago i felt the Holy Spirit put on my heart that what i was watching was not pleasing to Him, to be honest i thought it was my own thoughts and carried on watching them night after night, but then i realized that the soaps i had been watching for years were making me turn away from viewing,i was closing my eyes on certain parts, they became less enjoyable which made me realize that yes in fact it was the Holy Spirit talking to me, you see the soap programs are now introducing same sex relationships which means the viewers watch men kissing men and women with women, then on another there was a character who plays a church role kissing an outsider, that`s not to mention what else goes on in these soaps, it made me aware how the once simple shows to wind down to at the end of the evening are no longer family viewing, back in the days i wouldnt dream of sending one of my children out while viewing these soaps, but now i would cringe watching it if any of my grand children were snuggled up with me. Children are seeing these thing`s all over the place and unless we teach them that these things are wrong, i am afraid that my grand children will grow up thinking this is the norm. Since these actions are against the Holy Spirit, after two weeks of watching no telly, yesterday i removed it from my bedroom, i have had temptation to go back to it, but now it`s gone, instead i have been watching great documentaries about people who risked and still do risk their lives for our beautiful LORD Jesus Christ, we have to be careful what our eyes do see, so that`s one past pleasure that i have given up, do you have any and if so, can you share...:) xox...
It is difficult for this old man to walk down the street and not see the same stuff you are seeing on the TV.

I think that we, as Christians, need to become the example to the lost. That begins at the day our children are born, or we establish a new relationship with another Christian brother/sister, or a lost brother/sister, and last our entire life on earth. Our actions are what others use to form their opinion on Christ. The Sermon on the Mount begins to draw to a close with the wonderful verse 12 in the seventh chapter of Matthew (aka "the Golden Rule"),"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Simply put, treat "all" others as we would like them to treat us. Or, "love our neighbor as God has loved us".

This is Billy's axiom relating to TV. Turn it off, and get a good Christian book.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
My Pastors wife gave me a few books to read, one called Hearts of fire and it really opened my eyes to the what the word persecution means, and it also brought tears down my cheeks for these people who truly do die to them selves and pick up their cross daily, i learned a lot from reading that, it made me truly thankful for everything that God has blessed me with, I am now on the second book called Tortured for Christ , by Richard Wurmbrand, since switching my T.V off i have found a new Godly passion, reading about Martyrs...xox...

U

Ugly

This is the news forum... so where is the news?

Aug 16, 2016
if you ask the lord to remove anything displeasing or a distraction in your life he will answer, that's what i did. My mother and grandmother currently watch the soaps, i don't see a problem with it. I'm sure God doesn't have a problem with us watching programs. However if it begins to consume our life then it's a problem. Not to mention so many shows these days promote evil i don't watch tv anymore. I remember one day i decided to browse to see what new shows were on and ran across some show with this huge tranny picking out a wedding dress and i said yep im done.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
if you ask the lord to remove anything displeasing or a distraction in your life he will answer, that's what i did. My mother and grandmother currently watch the soaps, i don't see a problem with it. I'm sure God doesn't have a problem with us watching programs. However if it begins to consume our life then it's a problem. Not to mention so many shows these days promote evil i don't watch tv anymore. I remember one day i decided to browse to see what new shows were on and ran across some show with this huge tranny picking out a wedding dress and i said yep im done.
That`s what kind of happened to me ...And i find that the programs are going from one extreme to the next, there is so much talk about childrens cartoons and what they are doing with them today, my heart really does miss a beat sometimes just thinking about what their little minds pick up on, i can control what goes on in my home, but i can`t in their homes because a few of my children are not saved, and yes I agree there is nothing wrong with watching telly, but it`s what they are putting in the programs now that concern me, oh well, book reading it is for me lol, i really enjoy reading now with a nice cuppa...xox...

B

BeyondET

I like some of the commercials lol

[video=youtube;dr53ri99_xQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr53ri99_xQ[/video]

Last edited:

Billyd

May 8, 2014
It's called the Good News. I think that it Trumps President Trump's Trumpet and Trumpeters.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I am remembering the lines of a hymn "Worldly pleasures all forsaken..." although in truth i havent forsaken all... We havent had a tv for a long time, i cannot remember how long now. But we do access the internet. I used to miss local news like my father watched daily in the evening, and some other, but in time we see there are alternatives. I didnt grow up w/ soaps, but some cartoons and musicals i guess, some of wc are not very decent now like other shows you said, Rose. Often i prefer the 30-min. news on the Christian radio station now, than the longer tv station live stream news w/ commercials and lots on the (local) movie world. perhaps one by one the Lord will let us forsake our worldly pleasures, and esp let us redeem the time, for the days are evil. Having said that, i still say we pray for our loved ones, who are quite bedazzled by internet things, wc are more easily accessed now.