Taking a Risk

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Heart_Melody

Tinuviel :)
Busy isn't always bad - just as long as Jesus gets the time He deserves!
Are you busy with finals?

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
aw Thanks so much brother!! That was true and sweet of you to share!
You are right of course. But for some reason I am just way more reluctant to be experimental or risky in the relationship department :)

Hope all is good with you!
Well and I guess it depends on what you mean by risky. I think it's totally worth being willing to take a leap with someone who has good character, a good relationship with the Lord, and has proven himself trustworthy with you. I would never say you should be risky in the sense that you take a chance with someone you don't trust. But I can definitely understand how it can feel risky even if the person is trustworthy.

Wow Chandler, that is a sad story!
Incredible that you waited that long... I wonder if she even realized it that is such an honor. :)
Did you ever find anyone since then?
It is sad in a way I guess. It's kind of the nature of our world that not every story will have a happy ending. It was a happy ending for her, so that's good at least. And no, I haven't found anyone since that point. I have dated one person since then, but it was a mistake and something I never should have done. You could say I strayed off for a time in my life and have been working my way back over the last year or so. That's where I feel like I could have avoided all of that crazyness had things just worked out with that person several years ago, but it just means God had other plans for me, and I'm still in the process of discovering His purpose behind it all. I have also definitely learned a lot that I wouldn't have learned had I not gone through that really hard and wandering season. God is pretty masterful at redeeming even the bad parts of our lives.

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
Also, I just wanted to add that in all honesty, I didn't necessarily wait for her, it's more that I just didn't meet anybody else during the time period that she was gone. It can take a little while for me to start to really like someone enough to pursue them so that just never happened with anyone else. But like I had said in my first post to you, I had to accept my current reality at the time that we couldn't be in a relationship, and I had to live life as though a relationship was never going to happen. And then from there I held out a little hope in the back of my mind that maybe circumstances would align at some point in the future to where a relationship could become a possibility again.

T

Tinuviel

Tinuviel :)
Busy isn't always bad - just as long as Jesus gets the time He deserves!
Are you busy with finals?
School is over for me! (homeschooled, so I am on a little different schedule. Or I should say I WAS homeschooled :)). We're actually doing a massive push to get our kitchen refinished before summer gets here. That, and preparation for my graduation commencement.

Thank you for the reminder to keep Jesus in the forefront--it seems that no matter how hard a person tries, God is sometimes put on the back burner. And He is the most important part of our lives! I am so thankful for his grace :)

Jul 8, 2018
Hi Heart,

Thanks for sharing your experience here.

It is actually a risk not to take a risk . (Proverbs 26:13)

As we cannot not predict what may happen after taking a risk, we cannot also accurately predict what might happen if we did not take the risk in the first place. Doing nothing is a risk, doing something is equally a risk. Going out is a risk, staying indoors is a risk, and, ...life itself is a risk.

However, in the case of love, I mean, falling in love, in my opinion, sometimes it is better for it to be late than to be too late because it leaves a lasting, positive or negative impact on virtually every sphere of life. (Proverbs 18:22) I believe this scripture applies to both male and female.