C
cmarieh
Guest
So, yesterday I had a meeting with my advisor who is also my instructor for a couple classes. I set up an urgent meeting to discuss several things about graduation and a program to get some work experience. However, the topic that caused this to be an urgent matter is he said one thing to my face and did another. I was completely upset because this just wasn't like him and was wanting to known why. I went into his office and bluntly told him how I felt and stood up for my rights and what hid did was not ethical. Let me tell you the look on his face was priceless. He told me he did not understand and so I clarified his email that was very rude and contradicted his previous one. His response was that he didn't mean it that way and he felt horrible and apologized to me, as he never says sorry. I apologized to him as well and he responded that mine was not necessary. He also commented that I got a backbone over the summer because I would never have done that before. Granted this situation was handled very well and he appreciated me letting him know how his words can affect others.
I want to hear other stories of where you have taken a stand for yourself and it left you feeling vulnerable. Please share....
I want to hear other stories of where you have taken a stand for yourself and it left you feeling vulnerable. Please share....