Taking a walk with the God of Jacob...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Yeshua, my Lord, what does that mean…

Let's go down a road of “things” that on their own are just that, different inanimate objects; when examined more fully, however, show their relationship between them and the living to the extent that they show our path to life it self.

Hmmmm, where am I going?

Back, long ago, Jacob, had a dream, after falling asleep with His head on a stone. The dream included a ladder leading up to heaven. He had what must of been an the most amazing moment. He communes with God the Father, Himself, who tells him…

"I am the Lord , the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie, I will give it to you and to your descendants. Your descendants will also be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south; and in you and in your descendants shall all the families of the earth be blessed. Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."
Genesis 28:13‭-‬15 NASB

He woke up and used that same rock, set it up as a pillar and anointed it with oil. He realized from that dream had made it clear God was this land, and that it was the gateway to Heaven.

The story is so much more intricate and symbolic and foretelling than any of us can see especially if we don't take the time to study the Torah. I'm currently on this journey, one that has come with sacrifice and with gain.

I have so much to learn but I do understand more about the importance of Yeshua, and His the tying references of objects to our Lord and Savior, the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but by Him.

He is anointed, the way
He is the Rock, the sturdy truth which is to be our solid foundation
He is the ladder, the stairway of life that leads us to His Father.

Sure, this seems to be a far fetched story, one that may seem to reach for all kinds of conclusions based on the landmarks and a dream of one man, who was later given the name Israel after yet another encounter with God.

Are you still with me?

Listen, I am a very humble and simple gal, on a journey of my own with the God of Jacob. For me, I can see this is not just a wild made up story but a profound accurate historical and factual experience that must become mine, as though I myself were he, Jacob. Heirs of the word of God is where our part is played. In such a way as to bring the authority of it home, in a real, personal, and intimate way. No, we don't become the source or the power of the word, but we, each who partake with a heart of belief, finds himself/herself living in the word.

Oh how I yearn to lay my head on the rock, and also keep it before me, to feel its anointing. This pillar of foundation, dwelling in my heart and mind, keeps me securely but also moves and propels me upward a ladder of promise to meet the Holy One, and Only One.