Talk vs. Action

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SigP226

Everyone -

Through the last 18 months, I've read a lot of opinions about what is going on in this world. It's horrible on every level. Be it the "plan-demic", our government here in the U.S. and around the world, the struggles over gender and abortion..... and the list GOES ON!

It seems everyone is content to sit behind a screen and complain and talk about how wrong it all is? But I ask you.... what are you DOING about it? The enemy is ACTIVE. Are you willing to stand up and fight? Or will is it incovienent to fight? Will it cost you something?

This statement will be offensive. I don't care. I'm not afraid to hurt feelings in the name of getting things done. I do not believe God has called us to be complacent.

If you are not willing to FIGHT for your freedom...... you don't deserve it!!!

know1

Aug 27, 2012
The word of God says we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, Brothers of the darkness of this world, and wicked spirits in heavenly places.
I believe many who are behind the screens take this up in prayer daily, which should be our first recourse of action.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
its silly to ask for opinions if you dont actually plan on doing anything about them.
Also its kinda dumb to give opinions if you really dont know what will happen...nobody has a crystal ball and can say what will or wont happen. It is silly to worry about stuff over which you have no control. who is really in charge of this universe..you, us tiny humans, or God? God knows if a sparrow falls to the ground and the number of hairs on your head...dont you think He doesn't?

so while you cant do a thing about the past or the future. You can do something TODAY. Give thanks for today. when we pray we ask God to give us this day our daily bread. Its His kingdom...not the kingdoms of this world. we are in the world but not of it. So its futile to worry about the world. All Jesus asks us to do is shine our lights. Even if you are in the darkest of holes, your light is going to shine.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Everyone -

Through the last 18 months, I've read a lot of opinions about what is going on in this world. It's horrible on every level. Be it the "plan-demic", our government here in the U.S. and around the world, the struggles over gender and abortion..... and the list GOES ON!

It seems everyone is content to sit behind a screen and complain and talk about how wrong it all is? But I ask you.... what are you DOING about it? The enemy is ACTIVE. Are you willing to stand up and fight? Or will is it incovienent to fight? Will it cost you something?

This statement will be offensive. I don't care. I'm not afraid to hurt feelings in the name of getting things done. I do not believe God has called us to be complacent.

This sounds like an excuse but, no. I'm not going to go out and "act" (what do you mean by that, exactly?) when I have 8 children to raise. Might sound selfish but their spiritual needs are, at this time, more important to me. If my husband and I get thrown in jail (as many did for storming the US capitol) then who is left to raise my kids to know and follow Yahweh? Random families (plural, because no foster parent is going to take all 8 of our kids so they'd be split up) that CPS throws them into, that's who. Nope, not gonna happen.

So, yeah. I complain. But I also pray. And I teach my kids so that when they're older they'll be able to make a stand against the evil in this world.

I'm guessing you don't have kids, as I see your profile says "not married"? That makes you better suited, as a single man, to go out and "fight".

S

SigP226

There are things you can do even "behind a screen". You can contact everyone from your local government representatives, your congressmen, and senators. Organize petitions, and simply let them know that you are not going to sit back and allow your freedoms to be taken away. I'm sure you go out. What will do you when someone asks you to wear a pointless mask simply to partake in commerce? Will you say something? Will you refuse a pointless vaccine? Where will you draw the line in the sand to protect your children?

I'm OVER simply sitting behind a screen an not taking what is becoming a strong spiritual battle to the enemy. Prayer is great. But God has also used men and women over 1000's of years to take action!

God also commanded us "Take up your sword and follow me". It's also stated that if a man does not have a sword, he should sell his cloak and buy one. The call to action is now.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
There are things you can do even "behind a screen". You can contact everyone from your local government representatives, your congressmen, and senators. Organize petitions, and simply let them know that you are not going to sit back and allow your freedoms to be taken away. I'm sure you go out. What will do you when someone asks you to wear a pointless mask simply to partake in commerce? Will you say something? Will you refuse a pointless vaccine? Where will you draw the line in the sand to protect your children?

I'm OVER simply sitting behind a screen an not taking what is becoming a strong spiritual battle to the enemy. Prayer is great. But God has also used men and women over 1000's of years to take action!

God also commanded us "Take up your sword and follow me". It's also stated that if a man does not have a sword, he should sell his cloak and buy one. The call to action is now.
Ah, I see. That's the action you speak of.

Personally, I see trying to persuade the government authorities as a lost cause. I've seen too much of the people wanting one thing and the governors or mayors or city council voting what THEY want instead. No amount if petitions or letters will change that. Might sound defeatist, but it's the truth. 🤷‍♀️

Wearing masks? Yes, I've complied. Not my hill to die on.

Vaccine? That's the line, for sure.

“Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.” Matthew 26:52

S

SigP226

There are MANY politicians including people like Marjorie Greene doing amazing things. And there are many others that would LOVE to hear from you.

We often forget as Americans that the government works for US. There are checks and balances in place that they NEED to be held accountable to.

Is one person going to change it? No. But, when the majority speaks, and holds the government to it..... change happens.

As for anything further...... Evil people called January 6th an "Insurrection". They were SCARED. Can you imagine what would have happed had half those in Washington shown up with Rifles?? We certainly wouldn't be having COVID, Critial Race Theory, or Gender arguments.

Will there be a time where this comes to physical violence? Perhaps. I hope genuine intellegence prevails. But, I will reiterate, that NOTHING is going to happen if good people simply sit on the sidelines. ESPECIALLY Christians!

Aug 2, 2021

Personally, I see trying to persuade the government authorities as a lost cause. I've seen too much of the people wanting one thing and the governors or mayors or city council voting what THEY want instead. No amount if petitions or letters will change that. Might sound defeatist, but it's the truth. 🤷‍♀️

“Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.” Matthew 26:52

We will all die someday, unless the Lord Returns first.
If our only choices were :
A.) Dying by an ungodly cursed injection or
B.) Fighting and dying by the sword or
C.) First and Second Amendments are 1st & 2nd for a Reason that the Founding Fathers KNEW would be the only means of keeping and protecting our FREEDOM or
D.) Remove the 1st and 2nd Amendments for a New World Oder

I'll take B & D

Aug 2, 2021
We will all die someday, unless the Lord Returns first.
If our only choices were :
A.) Dying by an ungodly cursed injection or
B.) Fighting and dying by the sword or
C.) First and Second Amendments are 1st & 2nd for a Reason that the Founding Fathers KNEW would be the only means of keeping and protecting our FREEDOM or
D.) Remove the 1st and 2nd Amendments for a New World Oder

I'll take B & C

Aug 2, 2021

Distracted at the end of my reply to you = Should read: I'll take answers B & C

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Everyone -

Voting for people who share the same values as my Christian values and holding them accountable to fight against those who are destroying the morality and Christian values of our Country.

First, and foremost, praying for out Nation, and praying for an "awakening" of the Church so that it returns to God. Until that happens, He will not heal our land.

Speaking out against the various things you mentioned to friends and others I meet.

Your Post brings up good points, and asks good questions. So, I ask you......

what are YOU doing?

HoneyDew

Apr 30, 2011
Many Christians believe Jesus is teaching His apostles that when He sends them out into the world, after His ascension, they will need to carry swords in order to protect themselves from murderers and thieves. Many believe this passage gives clear and undeniable permission for Christians to arm themselves against evil people who would do them harm.

I do not believe such an interpretation or application does justice to the context of the passage. I think when we look at the context of the passage, Jesus is not talking about self-defense at all. In fact, Jesus is very specific about why He wants them to have swords at that particular time.

Luke 22 is all about the events leading up to Jesus’ arrest:

1.The chief priests and the scribes were seeking how to put Jesus to death (Luke 22:2).
2. Judas consented to betray Jesus (Luke 22:6).
3. Jesus took the Last Supper with His apostles, telling them of His coming death (Luke 22:7-23).
4. Jesus told Peter, “The rooster will not crow this day, until you deny three times that you know me” (Luke 22:34).

Everything leading up to verses 35-38 was about Jesus’ coming arrest. It would be very out of place for Jesus to be talking at this point about things they would need for the Great Commission, which wouldn’t happen for months. It seems more fitting that when Jesus told them they would need a moneybag, knapsack, and sword. He was saying they would need those things that very night. They would need those things because of what was about to happen.

Why the need for swords?
Most importantly, verse 37 tells us why the apostles needed swords that particular night. Jesus said, “For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me…” That first word, “for” is incredibly important. It is the Greek word “gar.” It ties verses 36 and 37 together and it assigns purpose.

The reason Jesus wanted His apostles to have swords that night was so that a particular Scripture would be fulfilled. The Scripture the swords would fulfill was Isaiah 53:12, “And he was numbered with the transgressors.”

After Jesus explained the purpose for the swords, the apostles said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And Jesus said, “It is enough.” We might ask, “enough” for what? Enough for eleven men to protect themselves on separate missionary journeys? That doesn’t make any sense.

Two swords was not enough for later self-defense, but they were enough to serve the purpose He just explained, “That this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors.’”Jesus did NOT say they needed swords to protect themselves. He said they needed swords because He was about to be treated like a criminal.

As soon as they finished the discussion about the swords, they went to the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed and where a group of armed soldiers came to arrest Him. When the apostles saw that Jesus was about to be arrested, they asked, “Lord, shall we strike with the sword?” (vs 49). Without waiting for an answer, an apostle drew a sword, and blood was spilled.

The servant of the high priest had his ear cut off and he was standing there bleeding. Jesus intervened, saying, “Put up again thy sword into his place ‘‘ And he touched his ear and healed him” (vs. 51). Read those words of Jesus again, “.Put up again thy sword into his place ” No more fighting. No more bloodshed. In Matthew’s account, Jesus makes a more general statement, “All who take the sword will perish by the sword” (Matthew 26:52).

Then Jesus asked the leaders of the Jews an important question, “Have you come out as against a robber, with swords and clubs?” (vs. 52). In other words, you’ve come out here with weapons as if I was some sort of violent criminal.

The swords had served their purpose. For those who chose to see Jesus as a criminal leader, a couple of swords amongst twelve men was enough for them to say, “See! He’s a criminal.” But those who have eyes to see and ears to hear, know Jesus was not a man of violence nor a criminal. He was the One healing the pain caused by violence, saying, “No more of this.”

This passage is not about Christians and self-defense. Luke 22:36 is not about self-defense, but about prophecy fulfillment. Jesus said it was about prophecy fulfillment. And who are we to disagree with Jesus?

S

SigP226

Voting for people who share the same values as my Christian values and holding them accountable to fight against those who are destroying the morality and Christian values of our Country.

First, and foremost, praying for out Nation, and praying for an "awakening" of the Church so that it returns to God. Until that happens, He will not heal our land.

Speaking out against the various things you mentioned to friends and others I meet.

Your Post brings up good points, and asks good questions. So, I ask you......

what are YOU doing?

That's a fair and fantastic question. I've had the opportunity to speak with several congressmen to educate myself first. I've donated monitarily to several campaigns of men that will be running for key positions very soon. I've had the privledge of speaking at two seperate engagements in order to help educate people. I also continue to train physically. While I hope that a call to arms never happens, I will be prepared.

G

Godsgirl83

While I hope that a call to arms never happens, I will be prepared.
I always have, and will continue to thank and lift up in prayer the men (and women) who step up to that call to defend the U.S.A and her freedoms.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sword is sword of the word, not a literal sword

the other thing in the Bible is people will be beating their swords into ploughshares and spears into pruning hooks i,e going out and doing gardening, planting trees etc.

Thats how you heal a planet.

Aug 2, 2021
sword is sword of the word, not a literal sword

the other thing in the Bible is people will be beating their swords into ploughshares and spears into pruning hooks i,e going out and doing gardening, planting trees etc.

Thats how you heal a planet.
I am sure you know that this only occurs after the Lord Jesus Christ Returns to SLAY, with violence and bloodshed, the nations of the world that He brings to the Battle on that Great Day.

Proclaim this among the nations: “Prepare for war; rouse the mighty men; let all the men of war advance and attack!
Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weak say, ‘I am strong!’
Come quickly, all you surrounding nations, and gather yourselves. Bring down Your mighty ones, O LORD
Let the nations be roused and advance to the Valley of Jehoshaphat, for there I will sit down to judge all the nations on every side. Joel 3: 9-13

AFTER this Judgement (Great Violence) He will set up His Kingdom to Rule over the Earth and fulfill the Prophecy of Isaiah 2:2-4

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Everyone -

How did my freedom get all the way over to the middle east?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Through your use of fossil fuels?
Yeah America still does business with Middle Eastern countries that finance terrorism.
It's almost as if money is more important than people's lives or something

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yeah America still does business with Middle Eastern countries that finance terrorism.
It's almost as if money is more important than people's lives or something
For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. 1 Timothy 6:10a