Talking about Homosexuality and all the other “stuff”

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 16, 2020
So this is a personal topic for me. I don’t think I am a homosexual and my mom doesn’t think so either. Like I felt happy knowing guys liked my profile on dating websites, but I guess since the dating website thing didn’t work (And I have never dated, had guy friends but that’s it), Satan is trying to make me doubt myself with unholy thoughts and words in my head, that I don’t feel like are true (He was trying to do this before the dating websites, basically when this virus stuff started, so yeah stress has let Satan attack me more easily). Like one random thought I thought awhile back, will sometimes pop into my head and it doesn’t feel good, I basically get into a “hamster wheel” of sorts with my thoughts. I reach out to God to pray and techniques to help me calm down from my therapist are what is helping me the most right now. Plus I think some of my thoughts are from feelings of frustration, anxiety, and stress.

But anyway, enough about me, so this is my problem with the “homosexuality group”, one is that most of them are not nice and two is the group of Christians who say: “Yeah we support homosexuality and think a person can be a homosexual and Christian”. Like I don’t get it, the Bible makes it very clear many of times that is it against homosexuality, but you have Christians saying this stuff. I think Crossway put it best (I’ll put the article link at the end) is that Christians who choose that mindset are choosing to be “silent”, instead of speaking out, cause they don’t want people made at them. Like I know we as Christians should be nice to everyone, and I try, but just because we have to be nice doesn’t mean we have to agree. “Love the person, not the Sin”. For example, my brother is friends with a transgender person and a gay person, my brother believes in God but I’m not sure by “how much”, when you hear your brother say he likes “Hazbin Hotel” (It’s a cartoon on YouTube) and relates to “Angeldust” (A spider demon that is gay and is a adult film star, also he has said that he would sleep with women to get money, all info I got from the Fan wiki for this cartoon, I ain’t watching it) it kinda worries me, but it is what it is, I pray to God for everyone to seek him. But anyway back to my point, he had his transgender friend over and we played Super Smash Bros and it was fun. We didn’t bring up religion or politics, it was just the 3 of us playing videogames and having fun. Plus, his friend said that being at our house, was the kindest house she had ever been to. So I think it is possible for homosexuals and Christians to be friends, if there is respect. Like they gotta respect the Christian aspect of a person and how the lifestyle they have is a sin, but then the Christian has to remember: “Love the person, not the sin” in a hopeful effort to hopefully open the eyes of their homosexual friend to God, and change their life hopefully, but God controls everything and it is ultimately up to him.

The aspect of “That group not being nice”, I wanna break that down and say not all of them are the same, I’m sure there are nice people...just haven’t seen them yet. Like most of them “claim to be open and freely accept people”. See any footage of a gay pride parade on YouTube with a youtuber going there to ask questions and no they do not accept people, and sometimes they can be rather rude about it. Also, it seems like these extra “Non-binary” groups are a way for people to say: “I’m a special person, that can’t be tied down to norms”...which to me sounds like “Special Snowflake”, lol. I don’t believe in non-binary and will call you a man or a woman, to the best of my ability.

One time I called a Man, a woman, because his hair was so long and I only saw his back. That’s why I believe in “gender stuff” like I don’t think it’s right for a woman to have a buzz cut, or a man to have long hair like that situation I explained earlier. I’m not saying a woman can’t like “man stuff” and a guy can’t like “woman stuff”, but it’s like how people are trying to “history shame” white people. Don’t be ashamed of your gender...yes I know gender dysphoria exists and I’m not enough of a expert to say anything on it, but I mean over of a “overall” statement with what I said, because for gender dysphoria I honestly don’t know what to say, if anyone has a opinion on this, that would be much appreciated. Because like I don’t agree with changing genders, but they hate their own gender. I want to say if they seek God and pray then they can find peace, but that’s all I can say on it.

Final thing I wanna say is that, we as Christians should not be afraid to talk about this stuff, and look at it with “balance in mind”. No we shouldn’t be saying “If you’re gay you go to hell”, but we also shouldn’t be saying “If you want to be Christian and be gay, that’s fine”. We gotta find that balance and stand firm, because everyone who hears this in today’s world will just straight up say mean things like “It’s sad you judge someone on their sexuality” or “You’re homophobic”, or do mean stuff. I heard this at church on a lesson on “How the Christian will be persecuted, but we must stand firm”, but a church pastor gave a lesson on why homosexuality is bad, apparently his sermon lit up across the Internet and the art festival that takes place in their city, the people that run that said art festival banned the church from their festival because the church to help give money to the festival.

Anyway, share your opinions, if anyone wants me to, I can post a thread tomorrow breaking down and talking about the huge craze that is “BL manga” (Yes I used to be into BL manga, but not anymore, got rid of everything I used to have) and why a huge majority of people that read it are women, and how it ties into Japanese culture. It would talk about some “yucky” stuff, but if anyone wants to learn, I’m willing to share my information that I know ^_^

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
When unholy thoughts come into your mind, rebuke them immediately, in Jesus name, if you are persistant you will win and the enemy will leave you alone.

Nao

Jun 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
we are called to speak the truth as Jesus did, as you said, no more doubts, the Bible is very clear about the matter,

[1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.]

if they read truly genuine christian thoughs from the bible the will read passages like this so why we should change or make it soft? for what reason? to be pleasant to men? better be severe and make the sin known to the person rather then be soft.
This is the case for every human and whatever the sin could be, Jesus died for our sins and without His death we would have ended at the hell. So people have to be concerned of their condition because it's taking them to hell. There is so much more to say in terms of homosexuality, the devils lies and so on....

And in agreement with Silverwings, submit your thoughts to the authority of christ, none has the power to stand over His autorithy, none, your thoughts neither. And reply also with the word of God when the enemy comes, like Jesus did in the wilderness temptation.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Keeping a picture of Jesus in the "picture frame" or on the "movie screen" of my mind keeps anything unholy out.
In Genesis we see "male and female He created them", since the fall in Genesis the devil has always tried to pervert the created order. That is what he is attempting when he tempts people to pervert themselves sexually.

Mar 4, 2020
The Bible identifies homosexuality as a sin. Meanwhile it also defines numerous other things as sin like lying, coveting, idolatry, etc. There's a lot of ways to sin. All of them result in the same punishment: death. Only by the blood of Christ, through faith, can anyone be forgiven.

That being said, homosexuality is placed on a pedestal because it is a hot-button social issue. There is a large secular following to correct real or perceived wrongs against the homosexual community.

The media, politicians, and large companies often choose sides in social justice issues these days so it makes people feel validated.

Long story short, the Bible doesn't validate people who want to keep their sin, not even a little bit.

Non-Christians are going to have to decide who they love more: God or the world? Christians are going to have to decide where the limit to their faith is: is it unlimited or are there limits to their faith?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Nicely put, He came to save us from our sin, not in our sin.
blessings

Aug 16, 2020
The Bible identifies homosexuality as a sin. Meanwhile it also defines numerous other things as sin like lying, coveting, idolatry, etc. There's a lot of ways to sin. All of them result in the same punishment: death. Only by the blood of Christ, through faith, can anyone be forgiven.

That being said, homosexuality is placed on a pedestal because it is a hot-button social issue. There is a large secular following to correct real or perceived wrongs against the homosexual community.

The media, politicians, and large companies often choose sides in social justice issues these days so it makes people feel validated.

Long story short, the Bible doesn't validate people who want to keep their sin, not even a little bit.

Non-Christians are going to have to decide who they love more: God or the world? Christians are going to have to decide where the limit to their faith is: is it unlimited or are there limits to their faith?
Agreed, for all sin is equal, and even though Jesus died for our sins, doesn’t mean we keep on sinning, yes we are human and will mess up, but that is what prayer and repentance is for.

Yeah the fact that it is everywhere is what annoys me, and people taking characters that were friends in cartoons/books/TV shows and shipping them is annoying as well. Especially ones of the “same sex shipping”, it’s just like “Why does everything have to be about sex?”, like can’t friendship exists? It just annoys me, and I have decided to try to follow the lord to the best of my ability, no matter what unholy thoughts enter my head.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Jesus must have first place in our lives, our minds, our every thought word and deed, not carnal , fleshly, desires. That is what the devil is doing to draw people into his web of misery and eternal destruction, he knows his time is short and is pulling out all stops. God has raised up President Trump for such a time as this, we are thankful and now we must devote every thought, word and deed to right, Christ centered living
blessings

powderman

Apr 22, 2020
But anyway, enough about me, so this is my problem with the “homosexuality group”, one is that most of them are not nice and two is the group of Christians who say: “Yeah we support homosexuality and think a person can be a homosexual and Christian”.

NOPE. Perverts can NOT be Christians. The Bible is very plain about that. God calls homosexuals abominations. Ancient cities used to round em all up ever so often and put them out of the cities, and told them they would be killed if they came back. GOD has not changed his mind on this, only folks without God in their lives have.

Aug 16, 2020
But anyway, enough about me, so this is my problem with the “homosexuality group”, one is that most of them are not nice and two is the group of Christians who say: “Yeah we support homosexuality and think a person can be a homosexual and Christian”.

NOPE. Perverts can NOT be Christians. The Bible is very plain about that. God calls homosexuals abominations. Ancient cities used to round em all up ever so often and put them out of the cities, and told them they would be killed if they came back. GOD has not changed his mind on this, only folks without God in their lives have.
That’s why it doesn’t make sense to me, cause like I had a friend who “claimed” to be Christian, but when I posted how I don’t support pride month on Instagram, he blocked me. It seems the Christians that support homosexuals are pushing “for gay rights”, which I don’t think is right. Yes homosexuals have been through a lot, but it doesn’t mean we as Christians have to support “gay rights” as a way of being nice to them. Cause of one their “gay rights” wanted is to have gay marriage legal everywhere, which is something I believe Christians should not support.

powderman

Apr 22, 2020
That’s why it doesn’t make sense to me, cause like I had a friend who “claimed” to be Christian, but when I posted how I don’t support pride month on Instagram, he blocked me. It seems the Christians that support homosexuals are pushing “for gay rights”, which I don’t think is right. Yes homosexuals have been through a lot, but it doesn’t mean we as Christians have to support “gay rights” as a way of being nice to them. Cause of one their “gay rights” wanted is to have gay marriage legal everywhere, which is something I believe Christians should not support.

SARAHUMBREON. There is NO such thing as gay marriage. A marriage consists ONLY of a man, a woman, and God almighty. I personally know of several of both sexes that have convinced themselves that they are MARRIED. There was a lezzie self proclaimed fake preacher in Lou Ky a few years ago who claimed to have married over 500 same sex couples, likely well over 1,000 by now. By calling herself a pastor, folks believed that God was OK with their perversion, he's not. How many people has she led to hell with her false teachings?? I know one lezzie couple who went I believe to Cali to be married. They came home all happy and giddy showing off their wedding pics. They should never, NEVER EVER be allowed to raise children to be like them, or teach in our schools, schools are infected with liberals who teach this crap. NO, NEVER support gay right and share in their sins, they want to go to hell, their business. Gay pride?? Going to hell is nothing to be proud of.

Jul 9, 2020
Hi Sarah,

I think you're doing great. I think you've got good instincts for right and wrong. Obviously you're paying attention to the guidance of your creator.

I thought for you if I may... There is a children's song that has a lot of wisdom:

Oh be careful little eyes what you see.
Oh be careful little eyes what you see.
For the Father up above is looking down in love, so be careful little eyes what you see.

Oh be careful little feet where you go.
Oh be careful little feet where you go.
For the Father up above is looking down in love, so be careful little feet where you go.

Oh be careful little hands what you do.
Oh be careful little hands what you do.
For the Father up above is looking down in love, so be careful little hands what you do.

I think what the song is getting at is that we are influenced by everything we come into contact with. The places, the experiences, and especially the people. I would council against establishing a friendship with anyone that is in open sin against God. Because as you become friends with that person (perhaps thinking that you'll change them), you'll find yourself becoming more and more sympathetic to their sin. Soon you'll be thinking stuff like "Joey is really a good person. He's nice to everyone. God wouldn't care if he's gay." And at that point your moral compass starts going a little bit off. Like it or not, you will become like the people you associate with.

I know I probably sound like some stupid boomer who doesn't know anything. I'm not a boomer. But I do have enough experience to know that what I said above is absolutely true.

Keep up the great work, Sarah. I'm confident you'll do well.

Mar 4, 2020
Agreed, for all sin is equal, and even though Jesus died for our sins, doesn’t mean we keep on sinning, yes we are human and will mess up, but that is what prayer and repentance is for.

Yeah the fact that it is everywhere is what annoys me, and people taking characters that were friends in cartoons/books/TV shows and shipping them is annoying as well. Especially ones of the “same sex shipping”, it’s just like “Why does everything have to be about sex?”, like can’t friendship exists? It just annoys me, and I have decided to try to follow the lord to the best of my ability, no matter what unholy thoughts enter my head.
You can train your thoughts by controlling the things you expose yourself to. Even though there are influences everywhere, it's actually possible to still limit what you intake. You might have to get a little extreme with it, it depends on the level of commitment you want to make.

At home I probably maintain about 30 minutes or less of exposure to non-Christian ideals per day only because of what is in movies, the news, video games, the internet, etc. I could probably reduce it to zero, but I don't think it's necessary to be cut myself off completely.

Outside of my home that is an entirely different story because I cannot control what's going on out there.

The goal is to put on the helmet of salvation: know that you have salvation. Wear the chest piece of faith: your unwavering faith protects you from doubt which is a weapon of the enemy. There are more pieces of the armor of God, but you get the picture. Stay strong my friend.

Ephesians 6:10-18

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
My thoughts are that some christians who have those who are homosexual in their families need to live with them just as we somehow need to live with others who sin in our families (fornicators, idolators, athiests) and while they cannot always change that person or convict them they need to be kind to them because its known that KINDNESS leads to repentence.

Think on it this way, do we stone adulterers, execute murderers or cut of thieves hands when they have sinned? We could, but we dont. We COULD as God has, bomb places that are sodom and gomorah and shut down gay clubs and brothels. But we dont, they just get regulated.

We know God isnt happy when people sin, but we cant act as God and mete out the punishment. In fact it is akindness we have jails where people are kept in isolation so they cannot hurt other people outside of it. we could just not have jails all and immediately execute anyone who sins. we would all be dead then.

Aug 16, 2020
My thoughts are that some christians who have those who are homosexual in their families need to live with them just as we somehow need to live with others who sin in our families (fornicators, idolators, athiests) and while they cannot always change that person or convict them they need to be kind to them because its known that KINDNESS leads to repentence.

Think on it this way, do we stone adulterers, execute murderers or cut of thieves hands when they have sinned? We could, but we dont. We COULD as God has, bomb places that are sodom and gomorah and shut down gay clubs and brothels. But we dont, they just get regulated.

We know God isnt happy when people sin, but we cant act as God and mete out the punishment. In fact it is akindness we have jails where people are kept in isolation so they cannot hurt other people outside of it. we could just not have jails all and immediately execute anyone who sins. we would all be dead then.
Agreed, I think Christians showing kindness to homosexuals is what will hopefully save them, I know God decides what happens in the end, but we as Christians can still pray for everyone, even the homosexuals, to seek and come to God, to know that God is a happiness that never lets down, true happiness. Yes I know God sometimes lets bad stuff happen, but that is to strengthen our faith and belief in God, for I know everything in my life, when it is solved it is done through God’s strength, not my own.

I don’t think Christians need to be saying: “If you’re gay you go to hell”, but on the other hand, if the gay person in question continues their lifestyle and doesn’t repent, I gotta say I don’t know where else they would go but Hell being the only place. It’s a very complex issue, that I think Christians should not back down from discussing, even if they get hate thrown their way.

I’m actually happy to not having seen anyone reply that I’m wrong, would be worried if someone did. With my struggles, I want to help someone and say: “It’s going to be okay, God is good and he will not let us become gay” cause doubting what I am sexually, has been some of the worst pain in my life, about as awful as when my parents divorced, it’s that bad, and I know I can’t be the only one suffering, it feels like it since this topic isn’t discussed much, but that’s just me being “selfish” as it were and not thinking of others, that’s what this experience has opened my mind to, that I’m not the only one suffering from this issue. I think it’s worth discussing just as much as people discuss suffering from alcohol abuse, parent abuse, etc. And I wanna say one more thing, I can’t remember where I read it (I remember reading it on my phone, probably in a Christian email or the Internet) but it was a story on how a woman who used to do homosexual activities, actually came to God and is now happily married to a man, so it can be done, homosexuals can be saved from their sinful lives, if the Lord allows it, because he decides everything in the end.

Jul 9, 2020
We know God isnt happy when people sin, but we cant act as God and mete out the punishment.
Sounds like a copout. Consequences are not the same as punishment. When my kids were young, we wouldn't have cohabitators in our home. My kids weren't allowed to go over to the gay neighbors house to play. Gay neighbors never set foot in my home.

The reasoning was because I didn't want my kids having any hint of an idea that I approved of those behaviors. Whether those neighbors got offended was not as important.

Here's a question, if God gave them over to a reprobate mind, then why would you continue to try to reach out to them? Why not put that energy elsewhere - to someone more likely to hear? To someone that isn't encumbered by a reprobate mind?

Jul 20, 2019
When unholy thoughts come into your mind, rebuke them immediately, in Jesus name, if you are persistant you will win and the enemy will leave you alone.
this has been happening to me for sometime, keep in mind satan can emulate the Holy Spirit easily. So yes I too have been tormented with evil thoughts and ideas.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
" you're going to hell" is getting like
"Amway", people have heard it so much they turnoff when they hear it.
Most "Christians" aren't really Christian, we are commanded to walk in the power of Holy spirit, most hold to an outward form of godliness denying the power, just as Jesus said in these days, so there are many who claim to be "christian" , pastors to, who go through the motions and think talking about God is genuine.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Really the issue is super simple but many Christians complicate it.
I've worked with gay people in the past. Though I didn't agree with homosexuality I felt neither a need to treat them badly, nor to preach at them. I didn't feel a need to tell them I disagree even.
Had it come up on its own i would have, but I felt no need to bring it up. Many of them were nice people I got along with and I felt no need to make their lives harder or worse because I didn't agree with them.
And had I made a point to do so, nothing would have changed. Because most Christians become so hyperfocused on the specific sin, that they forget that even *if* they convinced the person to stop being gay, they still aren't saved.
It's not a Christians job to tell the unsaved to stop sinning, but rather point them to God with love. Then it'd GOD's job to change their hearts away from homosexuality.

And I have found many of those Christians that support homosexuality tend to support a lot of other liberal beliefs such as abortion, etc... and outside of giving themselves a title and knowing a few key scriptures they orient to back themselves up, have little else to do with being a Christian. So in essence are Not actually Christian at all.