Tattoos: Good/bad, Personal Appearance, Etc.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 12, 2012
The best witness you can have to the lost world and church is preaching repentance and faith proven by deeds, and standing strong against all the worldly attractions, many will say their tats are a great witnessing tool, but I disagree, those who are truly converted will be ashamed of their tats, and past worldly ways, and stand for holiness, seperation, heart purity, another words their life not their worldly tats will be the best witness to the lost world and church, not making excuses why they can act just like the lost world, and remember the church today is suspost to be a witness against the pop culture, and sinful ways, not join them and see how close thay can be of the world and of God.

Count the cost, forsake the passions and desires of the world, and dig deep for the truth before its too late!

Its Not Too Late!

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness, but is long-suffering toward us, not purposing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
As long as mankind has breath repentance can be found, yes I mean found, it usually doesn’t come until the sinning soul breaks down, yielding to the holy word of God, through the conviction of the Holy Spirit, who is convicting the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment!
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Now many will say repentance comes after the conversion, or somewhere down the road since stopping any sin is impossible, since mankind is depraved and unable.
But God is not mocked, God is still waiting patiently for His wayward creation to repent, forsake their sins, which mean they stop first, and then seek His mercy, broken as a wild horse, now useful to His master. He gave them free will and ability to choose to repent or not.
Rom 2:4 Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, and the forbearance and long-suffering, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
If your life is a mess, and you are living the lie, that tells your conscience you can sin and live of the world and still be saved, and in bondage to your flesh, giving into temptation whenever it comes knocking at your door, just remember it’s not God condoning your bad conduct, but your conscience becoming seared to the point that real repentance and faith will not be found, it will be too late, His great mercy and kindness will not last for long!
So it’s not too late for those who still have breath, and are ready to stop playing Russian roulette with the patients and mercy of God, this is not a game, this is life or death, for all eternity, repent before it’s too late and God says time is up.
Tommy
The Biblical Characteristics of True Repentance: (as taught by early church and Apostles) 2Cor7:10-11 “For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. For observe this very thing that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter.”
For True Repentance to have Taken Place the following MUST have Occurred:
1) Season of Deep felt Godly Sorrow for sin. (Invoked by Spirit of Truth working, Jh16:8)
2) A Crisis of Conviction that Cuts to the heart! (Sin already being forsaken!)
3) A Zeal to CLEAR oneself of all Wrong Doing against God. (make restitution if necessary)
4) Indignation and Fear that leads to Vehement Desire to STOP Sinning!
5) Vindication and Finally PURITY of heart!
Every incident of Repentance in Scripture Follows this PROCESS. (DON’T Let anyone tell you it Doesn’t, and they will MOST certainly Try!) The Sin STOPS HERE, The Old Man DIES here, The Flesh is Crucified HERE! NOT Afterwards. The Desires and Conduct are CHANGED here. (Or never will be!)
OBEDIENCE to God follows in NEWNESS of Life and All things New! (Rom6:4-6, 2Cor5:17) If you have NOT Experienced this and have NO IDEA what it means, you are NOT BORN of the SPIRIT!!!
You may indeed have ‘RECEIVED’ Christ, and ‘Believed’ on His Name (repeated some words) BUT the Devils ALSO Believe! (James2:19) If a Person is SAVED by What he DOES and NOT by Faith Alone! (as James affirms, JS 2:24) The What he DOES PART, STARTS with This REPENTANCE!
I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds! Acts26:20
Courtesy standingthegap.org

According to you, I am not truly saved because I have a tattoo and don't regret it? Who are you to judge my faith?

I might call that a RELIGIOUS SPIRIT.

You have the right to believe tattoos are wrong, but don't judge my faith. My relationship with GOD is mine.

Last edited:

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
The best witness you can have to the lost world and church is preaching repentance and faith proven by deeds, and standing strong against all the worldly attractions, many will say their tats are a great witnessing tool, but I disagree, those who are truly converted will be ashamed of their tats, and past worldly ways, and stand for holiness, seperation, heart purity, another words their life not their worldly tats will be the best witness to the lost world and church, not making excuses why they can act just like the lost world, and remember the church today is suspost to be a witness against the pop culture, and sinful ways, not join them and see how close thay can be of the world and of God.

Count the cost, forsake the passions and desires of the world, and dig deep for the truth before its too late!

Its Not Too Late!

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness, but is long-suffering toward us, not purposing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
As long as mankind has breath repentance can be found, yes I mean found, it usually doesn’t come until the sinning soul breaks down, yielding to the holy word of God, through the conviction of the Holy Spirit, who is convicting the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment!
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Now many will say repentance comes after the conversion, or somewhere down the road since stopping any sin is impossible, since mankind is depraved and unable.
But God is not mocked, God is still waiting patiently for His wayward creation to repent, forsake their sins, which mean they stop first, and then seek His mercy, broken as a wild horse, now useful to His master. He gave them free will and ability to choose to repent or not.
Rom 2:4 Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, and the forbearance and long-suffering, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
If your life is a mess, and you are living the lie, that tells your conscience you can sin and live of the world and still be saved, and in bondage to your flesh, giving into temptation whenever it comes knocking at your door, just remember it’s not God condoning your bad conduct, but your conscience becoming seared to the point that real repentance and faith will not be found, it will be too late, His great mercy and kindness will not last for long!
So it’s not too late for those who still have breath, and are ready to stop playing Russian roulette with the patients and mercy of God, this is not a game, this is life or death, for all eternity, repent before it’s too late and God says time is up.
Tommy
The Biblical Characteristics of True Repentance: (as taught by early church and Apostles) 2Cor7:10-11 “For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. For observe this very thing that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter.”
For True Repentance to have Taken Place the following MUST have Occurred:
1) Season of Deep felt Godly Sorrow for sin. (Invoked by Spirit of Truth working, Jh16:8)
2) A Crisis of Conviction that Cuts to the heart! (Sin already being forsaken!)
3) A Zeal to CLEAR oneself of all Wrong Doing against God. (make restitution if necessary)
4) Indignation and Fear that leads to Vehement Desire to STOP Sinning!
5) Vindication and Finally PURITY of heart!
Every incident of Repentance in Scripture Follows this PROCESS. (DON’T Let anyone tell you it Doesn’t, and they will MOST certainly Try!) The Sin STOPS HERE, The Old Man DIES here, The Flesh is Crucified HERE! NOT Afterwards. The Desires and Conduct are CHANGED here. (Or never will be!)
OBEDIENCE to God follows in NEWNESS of Life and All things New! (Rom6:4-6, 2Cor5:17) If you have NOT Experienced this and have NO IDEA what it means, you are NOT BORN of the SPIRIT!!!
You may indeed have ‘RECEIVED’ Christ, and ‘Believed’ on His Name (repeated some words) BUT the Devils ALSO Believe! (James2:19) If a Person is SAVED by What he DOES and NOT by Faith Alone! (as James affirms, JS 2:24) The What he DOES PART, STARTS with This REPENTANCE!
I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds! Acts26:20
Courtesy standingthegap.org
Every incidence of repentance in scripture follows that process?
People need to stop sinning then seek God's mercy?

I'm sorry maybe you misspoke, maybe you would like to clarify.

May 9, 2012
I find nothing wrong with tattoos. I find them quite fascinating in a strange kind of way. I won't get one myself though just out of personal preference. The funny thing is they always pick that verse about the tattoos saying they are terrible but they never read the verse after that about hair...sorry but you can't just pick and choose which Laws we choose to follow. They always approach it with a poor hermeneutical method. I would only get a tattoo that reflects me appropriately. I'm sure I would never get one that says anything positive about the use of drugs for sure because that's not who I am. If someone gets one before they became a Christian, that's a different story. I do know a friend that did drugs before he became a Christian and he had all kinds of fancy artwork done concerning methamphetamines and marijuana. He used to be a seller too. Also, he was in a gang before. But when he became a Christian, he felt personally convinced to have them removed because he does not identify with these symbols anymore. Now, he has a tattoo that says "Redeemed through the blood of Christ." It all depends on your personal convictions though. If you feel compelled to get a tattoo, then get one but be wise in what you choose because it may be one you regret later on in life ;)

T

twofeet

I find nothing wrong with tattoos. I find them quite fascinating in a strange kind of way. I won't get one myself though just out of personal preference. The funny thing is they always pick that verse about the tattoos saying they are terrible but they never read the verse after that about hair...sorry but you can't just pick and choose which Laws we choose to follow. They always approach it with a poor hermeneutical method. I would only get a tattoo that reflects me appropriately. I'm sure I would never get one that says anything positive about the use of drugs for sure because that's not who I am. If someone gets one before they became a Christian, that's a different story. I do know a friend that did drugs before he became a Christian and he had all kinds of fancy artwork done concerning methamphetamines and marijuana. He used to be a seller too. Also, he was in a gang before. But when he became a Christian, he felt personally convinced to have them removed because he does not identify with these symbols anymore. Now, he has a tattoo that says "Redeemed through the blood of Christ." It all depends on your personal convictions though. If you feel compelled to get a tattoo, then get one but be wise in what you choose because it may be one you regret later on in life ;)

And that also includes not wearing any clothing with a mixture of fibre.....all those religious judgemental people out there I hope you have checked your wardrobe!!!

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
If you read what I said, it depends on the persons motives and personal convictions. :)
No argument here, I was just trying to make you laugh. :)

I agree, The Bible says that whatever of faith is not sin. Therefore, if you think getting a tattoo is wrong and get one anyway, that would be rebellious. But if you don't think it's a sin, I don't see a problem.

You'll have to forgive my wackyness, LOL. I searched for 10 minutes to find the worst tattoo I could :D

A

AgeofKnowledge

Some of my old friends are ex-bangers from level 3 and 4 yards covered head to toe in gang tats from LA gangs while I don't have a single one. Why? I am intelligent. Tats are a sign of emotional weakness, lack of maturity, window dressing to make one look tough, a statement of some belief or view meant for life not one's skin, a magnet for cops, a sign to other addicts that you are one, a risk for disease, etc...

Gangsters, soldiers, addicts, the weak and immature, carnies, youngsters from dysfunctional environments, etc... get tats not masterminds. ;)

Dec 25, 2012
I love tattoos as long as they are well made and have some real meaning to them. Wish my husband would get one :).

A

AgeofKnowledge

I need to qualify my statement. I haven't seen those guys in many years as I've moved on and am now fully socialized in typical evangelical and Pentecostal Christian communities. Peace.

U

Ugly

According to you, I am not truly saved because I have a tattoo and don't regret it? Who are you to judge my faith?

I might call that a RELIGIOUS SPIRIT.

You have the right to believe tattoos are wrong, but don't judge my faith. My relationship with GOD is mine.
Some friendly advice. Just put Tommy on ignore. Every single post he makes is just like this. Crammed full of unrelated scripture and questioning everyones salvation. Its a waste to respond to him. I put him on ignore a while ago and enjoy the forums much more.

Jan 8, 2013
Wreking Ball is a gel tattoo fading kit sold at Wal-mart, I am going to get it and see if I can remove a small tattoo that I got as a Heathen. I am absolutely ashamed of it and repent all the time about it. If your considering getting a tattoo just remember that the world loves them ( RED FLAG ) and you will be chastened by the LORD and ashamed that you made a silly stupid decision to ruin your body. I got saved after I already had a tattoo and if your saved their is no way you would get one, maybe you could hand out gospel tracts to the tattoo artists, but thats it. Todd Bentley is clearly demon possessed and evil and he got satanic tattoos after he got saved. People with a tattoo or two can be saved though so remember Mark 16 - 15.

Jan 8, 2013
And actually sometimes the heavily tattooed people like bikers are appreciative to hear the precious life saving gospel of JESUS. Every one who is not saved is seeking answers and scared so when you approach them with tracts or to witness alot of times its the odd looking who respond best.

Sep 12, 2012
No argument here, I was just trying to make you laugh. :)

I agree, The Bible says that whatever of faith is not sin. Therefore, if you think getting a tattoo is wrong and get one anyway, that would be rebellious. But if you don't think it's a sin, I don't see a problem.

You'll have to forgive my wackyness, LOL. I searched for 10 minutes to find the worst tattoo I could :D
Lol I thought you were bein silly.

taggerung

Apr 26, 2009
I just had tattoo #2 partially done. I still have to have it banded around the ankle. image.jpg

Attachments

Z

ZeiFlower

Isn't the heartagram used for the band "H.I.M.?"

U

Ugly

Wreking Ball is a gel tattoo fading kit sold at Wal-mart, I am going to get it and see if I can remove a small tattoo that I got as a Heathen. I am absolutely ashamed of it and repent all the time about it. If your considering getting a tattoo just remember that the world loves them ( RED FLAG ) and you will be chastened by the LORD and ashamed that you made a silly stupid decision to ruin your body. I got saved after I already had a tattoo and if your saved their is no way you would get one, maybe you could hand out gospel tracts to the tattoo artists, but thats it. Todd Bentley is clearly demon possessed and evil and he got satanic tattoos after he got saved. People with a tattoo or two can be saved though so remember Mark 16 - 15.
WRONG. I got two tats after becoming a Christian and it hasn't made me one bit ashamed, nor have i ever felt chastised. That may be the case for you, but that doesn't mean its the same for all people. So many people want to push their personal views on others and try to force them to conform.

People with a tattoo or two can be saved? So God has a limit on the number of tats you can have, and after that you're unforgivable? I'd laugh at that, if it wasn't so ridiculously sad and hyper-religious. Think we have another Tommy4Christ on our hands... helllooooooo ignore feature.