Tattoos

  • Thread starter Thread starter Godsgirl31
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl31

Guest
OK I want to have a discussion on tattoos. I hear so many different things about weather it's a sin or not. I know in the Bible it says do not mark your body. But I also hear that it's in the old testament just like eating bloody meat and cutting your hair. I myself have 5 tattoos and I feel convicted but I can't take them off. So please feel free to reply..
 
Heyy so I've been wondering about this topic too because I want a tattoo, and my boyfriend wants to get a few... First off i think the old testament is just showing what life was like without Jesus and what you would have to do every single time you sinned to get yourself back on track with God. In the new testament, once you ask for forgiveness God forgives you on the spot and he forgets about it. Conviction is actually of the devil because he's trying to keep you from being free and living life the way God meant for you to live. I do think it's a sin just because in the new testament there's a verse saying do not tattoo or pierce your body (at least i think it's in the new testament) but i have a belly ring. I think you should pray to God and ask him for forgiveness. the past is in the past and you shouldnt look back on it, move on from it and dont let this stop you from living the life God has in store for you :)
Side note: I went to a youth christian convention and I actually saw a shirt that said "Jesus loves my tattoos" so dont worry about it.. plus he knew you were going to get them anyways, he created you and knows everything about you. even the needs you haven't mentioned yet
 
It's in the old testament. And Yes I feel the same way you do but I don't want to go against GOD either. (Even though I have tattoos and my ears and belly pierced too) but now I really want to know if it's a sin or not. Prayer is the best way to get answers and let's see who else comments I want to see people's opinions. But Amen your comment was definitely helpful . Thank you so much.
 
Godsgirl31;bt10095 said:
It's in the old testament. And Yes I feel the same way you do but I don't want to go against GOD either. (Even though I have tattoos and my ears and belly pierced too) but now I really want to know if it's a sin or not. Prayer is the best way to get answers and let's see who else comments I want to see people's opinions. But Amen your comment was definitely helpful . Thank you so much.

[h=1]1 Corinthians 6:19-20King James Version (KJV)[/h][SUP]19 [/SUP]What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
[SUP]20 [/SUP]For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

___________________________

This being said, you can't undo the past. But you can certainly make good Biblicaly decisions now that you are in God's Grace. I would suggest to anyone who walks with Christ Jesus (including myself) to always consider every decision and thought and to act in accordance with God's Holy Word as to how we ought to live. The Lord Jesus Christ bless you and guide you on your walk on The King's Highway.
 
I've had 2 tats done as a Christian, and hope to get a couple more eventually. i have no conviction over them at all. I've seen lots of Christians with tattoos and some with a lot of tattoos.
My thought is if you feel convicted, don't do it. If your conscience is clear then go for it. The above scripture says nothing about tattoos. People who use that often use it to support their own Opinions, but rarely do they ever apply it entirely throughout every aspect of their lives. It's only given when it suits them. I've yet to meet a single person who thinks it applies to other areas of their life or body when it might make them have to change.

But as far as any tats you have already, i don't see God convicting you of something already done, that can't be changed and was possibly done a while ago. Unless these are recent and since becoming a Christian then the conviction may be in your head. That said, i'd still stop and reconsider and pray before thinking about any more.
 
I'VE recently gotten my last Two over the last 3 months. And I felt convicted when I went to visit a different church to support my pastor he was the guest speaker. And I felt like an outcast which was very weird but that's when my convictions started. But I will pray and see What GOD tells me. Thank you all for the help. GOD BLESS.