Teaching as one with authority

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

continual gaping drymouthatosis.
cranial keyboard embedment syndrome.
lets try a different approach? I have a feeling there is a lot of miscommunication going on.

Ok VW. I think most here would agree that God still works in wonderful and awe inspiring ways.

the point is that the focus should always be on GOD and what GOD is doing and not the false things others like to do to fake it.

The message Zone likes to quote seems mostly directed towards those who don't believe or who do NOT have the Holy Spirit. What is the message for those who DO have the Holy Spirit?

The key thing I have questions about your message is that it makes it sound like people have a choice to accept salvation or not. that point makes one question whether you believe salvation by Grace alone or if you believe in some other type of salvation. therefore I really have two simple questions.

1. how do people become saved? what is the gospel message the Apostles taught?

2. how do you know if you have the Holy Spirit? How do you know if another person has the Holy Spirit or not?

ok its more like four but I couldn't figure out how to word it into two.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Just one, the revival in Wales.

Look it up.

They cops all lost their jobs. (No one to arrest and no one to keep in jail.) There were no prostitutes at all, left in the entire nation. The mules that brought the coal out of the mines could not understand their drivers any more, because they had quit cussing completely. These are just a very few examples of the things that happened there.

And this is not an isolated example. It has happened in many other places.

In Christ,
right.
evan roberts.
who believed God the Father had visited him personally and told him to start the revival.

evan roberts who had a series of nervous breakdowns and later testified that much of what had happened was demonic. he recanted his stories several times.

evan roberts who while recuperating stayed with jessie-penn lewis and they co-authored the following book.

...about the "revival" that had no lasting fruit and left the country a wasteland after the emotionalism was all over.

[SIZE=+2]War On The Saints[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]by Jessie Penn-Lewis with Evan Roberts[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]World Wide Web Edition the Unabridged 1912 Edition)[/SIZE]
http://www.acts1711.com/wots.html

The True Workings of God, and Counterfeits of Satan.
"Knowledge and all discernment; so that ye may prove the things that
differ, that ye may be sincere and void of offence. . . ." Phil. 1: 9,10, m.​
http://www.acts1711.com/TrueWorkings.html

A

AnandaHya

Here is my prophesy.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE! That is a prophesy and a promise from God. Do you see it and can you hear it?

This prophesy is fulfilled every time we share this message with another and they believe. We can't get anymore prophetic then that! Yes, I desire to prophecy that others may believe and be saved through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is because of the many prophecies that He fulfilled that man can be saved by simple faith without works.

We all prophecy and can prophecy this great event and speak the truth that came from the mouth of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is the VOICE OF GOD and message that we hear coming from our Lord and Savior. This is the message that we are to take into all the world as the gospel with the promise that Jesus will go with us. This is the message that the Holy Spirit reveals in our hearts through the love of God. This is the message that seeks out and saves the lost sinner and OH, how lost we were, but we have been sought out and found all by mercy and grace and through being drawn to Him through His lovingkindness.
Amen Red, now let us all go out and be oracles of God ;)

Romans 3:2
Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God.

Hebrews 5:12
[ Spiritual Immaturity ] For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

1 Peter 4:11
If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

A

AnandaHya

right.
evan roberts.
who believed God the Father had visited him personally and told him to start the revival.

evan roberts who had a series of nervous breakdowns and later testified that much of what had happened was demonic. he recanted his stories several times.

evan roberts who while recuperating stayed with jessie-penn lewis and they co-authored the following book.

...about the "revival" that had no lasting fruit and left the country a wasteland after the emotionalism was all over.

[SIZE=+2]War On The Saints[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]by Jessie Penn-Lewis with Evan Roberts[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]World Wide Web Edition the Unabridged 1912 Edition)[/SIZE]
http://www.acts1711.com/wots.html

wow seriously?

kind of wished my world history teacher taught more history and less war stories about his time in Vietnam...

well its never too late to learn....

zone

Jun 13, 2010
These people were asking Jesus for a sign to show that He was the Christ. The were looking for an excuse to not believe. This is another misuse of scripture.

In Christ,
there is no difference between your unbelief and theirs.

you want already converted christians to seek signs and wonders that were attached to apostolic authority for the foundation of the church.

you tell them they are devoid of the Spirit without them...you appear to believe subjective feelings and sensations and automatic writing and voices are how one "hears from God".

and per usual with this route: you end up channeling a spirit you would have us believe is Jesus.

you're in a lot of trouble but you don't care.

A

AnandaHya

hey the charts NEATO!!! thanks :)

here's an excerpt for those who don't click on links ;)

True Holy Spirit

2. The Presence of God: Known in and by the human spirit, through the Holy Spirit. When He fills the atmosphere of a room the spirit of the man is conscious of it, not his senses. The faculties of those present are alert and clear, and they retain freedom of action. The spirit is made tender (Psa. 34: 18), and the will pliable to the will of God. All the actions of a person moved by the true and pure Presence of God are in accord with the highest ideal of harmony and grace. Pages 104, 107.

Fake Holy Spirit

2. The counterfeit of the Presence of God is mainly felt upon the body, and by the physical senses, in conscious "fire," "thrills," etc. The counterfeit of the "Presence" in the atmosphere is felt by the senses of the body, as "breath," "wind," etc., whilst the mind is passive or inactive. The person affected by this counterfeit "presence" will be moved almost automatically to actions he would not perform of his own will, and with all his faculties in operation. He may not even remember what he has done when under the "power" of this "presence," just as a sleep-walker knows nothing of his actions when in that state. The inaction of the mind can often be seen by the vacant look in the eyes. Pages 109, 112, 124, 128, 130.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
there is no difference between your unbelief and theirs.

you want already converted christians to seek signs and wonders that were attached to apostolic authority for the foundation of the church.

you tell them they are devoid of the Spirit without them...you appear to believe subjective feelings and sensations and automatic writing and voices are how one "hears from God".

and per usual with this route: you end up channeling a spirit you would have us believe is Jesus.

you're in a lot of trouble but you don't care.
You do not know what I want because you have refused to hear anything I have said.

So, please do not put words in my mouth.

I am almost to the point of putting you on ignore again, as you are becoming offensive again.

Always, you must attack me, and make it about me. It is not about me, it is about Jesus and how He lives in us by the Holy Spirit.

In Christ,

zone

Jun 13, 2010
My feelings are not hurt. I am a fool for Jesus. Worthy of shame.

My brother in law is visiting and I have been busy. I hope you all do not mind.

In Christ,
that wasn't about you.

A

AnandaHya

oh number one would be good for the conversation since it says how to recognize the True Holy Spirit infilling from fake...

True. .
1. The Baptism, or Fullness of the Spirit: An influx of the Spirit of God into the human spirit, which liberates the spirit from the soul (Heb. 4: 12), so as to become a pliable organ or channel for the outflow of the Spirit through the believer, manifested in witness to Christ and in aggressive prayer service against the powers of darkness.

It is a true baptizing into the Body of Christ, and oneness with all the members of the Body. Its special mark and result is known in power to witness for Christ, and in conviction of sin in others, and their turning to God.

The highest manifestation of the Fullness of the Spirit is co-existent with the use of the faculties and self-control.

There is but one reception of the Holy Spirit: with many succeeding experiences, developments, or new crises, resultant on fresh acts of faith, or apprehension of truth; various believers having varied degrees of the same Infilling of the Spirit, according to individual conditions. The enduement of power for service is often a definite experience in many lives. Pages 50, 291, 297.

Counterfeit.
1. The Baptism, or Fullness of the Spirit: An influx of the Spirit of God into the human spirit, which liberates the spirit from the soul (Heb. 4: 12), so as to become a pliable organ or channel for the outflow of the Spirit through the believer, manifested in witness to Christ and in aggressive prayer service against the powers of darkness.

It is a true baptizing into the Body of Christ, and oneness with all the members of the Body. Its special mark and result is known in power to witness for Christ, and in conviction of sin in others, and their turning to God.

The highest manifestation of the Fullness of the Spirit is co-existent with the use of the faculties and self-control.

There is but one reception of the Holy Spirit: with many succeeding experiences, developments, or new crises, resultant on fresh acts of faith, or apprehension of truth; various believers having varied degrees of the same Infilling of the Spirit, according to individual conditions. The enduement of power for service is often a definite experience in many lives. Pages 50, 291, 297.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
You do not know what I want because you have refused to hear anything I have said.

So, please do not put words in my mouth.

I am almost to the point of putting you on ignore again, as you are becoming offensive again.

Always, you must attack me, and make it about me. It is not about me, it is about Jesus and how He lives in us by the Holy Spirit.

In Christ,
you are a false prophet and you need to repent.

Jun 24, 2010
Just one, the revival in Wales.

Look it up.

They cops all lost their jobs. (No one to arrest and no one to keep in jail.) There were no prostitutes at all, left in the entire nation. The mules that brought the coal out of the mines could not understand their drivers any more, because they had quit cussing completely. These are just a very few examples of the things that happened there.

And this is not an isolated example. It has happened in many other places.

In Christ,
I have nothing against godly revivals, they do happen and thank God for them. Most of the time they happen in the hearts of the believers in local churches that are taught God's word faithfully. Jesus ministered for three years, all over the place, and He came unto His own (the Jews) and they rejected Him. Some revival that was. I know that He did so many things for people and He did those things because He loved them and had compassion on the multitudes, but the thing that got His attention was when someone would have faith in Him, in His words and believed that He was the Son of God. The multitude would follow Him and the common people gladly heard what He had to say but they ended up saying 'crucify Him', not knowing what they were doing. He was a man of sorrows and constantly acquainted with grief.

Christ spent most of His time discipling the (12), befriending sinners, teaching in the temple, going away and praying to the Father, doing what He could to win the lost. He suffered much and had no place to lay His head. His own family did not understand Him, He was always running away from those that were after Him and was always being hackled by the religious crowd. The demand upon Him was great and He ended up going to the cross, despising the shame and forsaken by all of His disciples, without exception. I would not call that revival in any way. But revival would come after He ascended to the Father and it would be Pentecost for the Jews first and also for the Gentiles and it would be the beginning of building His church upon Himself (petra - a huge stone, cliff or ledge) and not Peter (petros - a small stone). Peter was a part (one of the twelve) but just a small part and the first preacher at Pentecost.

A

AnandaHya

found this interesting....

"THE PERIL OF DECEIVING SPIRITS AFFECTS EVERYCHILD OF GOD
The peril concerns every child of God, and no spiritual believer dare say he is exempt from peril. The prophecy of the Holy Spirit declares, that (1) "some" shall fall away from the faith; (2) the reason for the fall will be a giving heed to deceiving spirits, i.e., the nature of their working being not known evil, but deception, which is a covered working. The essence of deception is that the operation is looked upon as sincere and pure. (3) The nature of the deception will be in doctrines of demons, i.e., the deception will be in a doctrinal sphere. (4) The way of deception will be that the "doctrines" are delivered with "hypocrisy," i.e. spoken as if true. (5) Two instances of the effect of these evil spirit doctrines are given: (a) the forbidding of marriage, and (b) abstaining from meats; both, said Paul "created by God," Therefore their teaching is marked by opposition to God, even in His work as Creator.

THE SATANIC FORCES DESCRIBED IN EPHES. 6
Demoniacal "doctrines" have been generally tabulated as either belonging to the Church of Rome, because of the two marked results of demon teaching mentioned by Paul, which characterise that Church; or later "cults" of the twentieth century, with their omission of the fact of sin, and the need of the atoning sacrifice of Christ, and a Divine Saviour. But there is a vast realm of doctrinal deception by deceiving spirits, penetrating, and interpenetrating Evangelical Christendom, by which evil spirits, in more or less degree, influence the lives even of Christian men, and bring them under their power; even spiritual Christians being thus affected on the plane described by the Apostle, where believers united to the Risen Christ meet "spiritual wickedness" in "heavenly places." For the Satanic forces described in Eph. 6: 12, are shown to be divided into (1) "Principalities"--force and dominion dealing with nations and governments; (2) "Powers"--having authority and power of action in all the spheres open to them; (3) " World- rulers"--governing the darkness, and blindness of the world at large; (4) "Wicked spirits" in the heavenly places--their forces being directed in, and upon the Church of Jesus Christ, in "wiles," "fiery darts," onslaughts, and every conceivable deception over "doctrines" which they are capable of planning.

The peril of the household of God is therefore not of a few, but all, for obviously none can "fall away from the faith" but those who are actually in the faith to begin with. The peril is from an army of teaching spirits poured forth by Satan upon all who would be open to "teachings" from the spiritual world, and through ignorance of such a danger, be unable to detect the wiles of the enemy.

The peril assails the Church from the supernatural world, and comes from supernatural spirit-beings who are persons (Mark 1: 25) with intelligent power of planning (Matt. 12: 44, 45), with strategy (Eph. 6: 11) the deception of those who "give heed" to them.

The peril is supernatural. And those who are in peril are the spiritual children of God; who are not to be beguiled by the world or the flesh, but who are open to all they can learn of "spiritual" things, with sincere longing to be more "spiritual" and more advanced in the knowledge of God. For deception by doctrines would not concern the world so much as the Church. Evil spirits would not urge spiritual Christians to open sin, such as murder, drink, gambling, etc., but would plan deception in the form of "teaching" and "doctrines," the believer not knowing that deception on "teaching" and "doctrines" gives admission to evil spirits to "possess" the deceived one, as much as through sin."

War On The Saints - Chapter 1 (Part 2 of 3)

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
you are a false prophet and you need to repent.
That is your opinion, but you are allowed to have one.

My tho0ughts about you are that you have maligned the Holy Spirit, and need to repent.