Tell me about India

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Its the 2nd largest country in the world, in terms of population. Diverse country, its majority is Hindu people

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
It's capital is New Deli..

It's main river is the Ganges..

Might be hard telling you everything about India.. It's a huge place with a lot happening in it..

Jan 15, 2017
Its the 2nd largest country in the world, in terms of population. Diverse country, its majority is Hindu people
Yes this I know. Tell me about your India as in how it is for you as a person in India.

Jan 15, 2017
It's capital is New Deli..

It's main river is the Ganges..

Might be hard telling you everything about India.. It's a huge place with a lot happening in it..
Yes I knew this all too.

This is a good start :) Don't be discouraged. May God's Name spread through all that you have mentioned thus far.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
It's beautiful and I enjoy seeing different cultures.

Jan 15, 2017
It's beautiful and I enjoy seeing different cultures.
From what pictures and such I have seen it does seem very pretty. What are some of the internal different cultures I suppose even going by the landscape. What is the characteristic of the various provinces? These things I don't know.

Jan 15, 2017
Well I suppose since it is the second biggest story currently going on it's okay if it takes some time telling it.

Just on the mention of New Delhi here, I checked out a random video of New Delhi and thought it was cool. Random guy just silently walking around taping a massive market in New Delhi. Thought it was interesting kinda get sucked into his first person point of view and feel there. Sometimes much can be seen without a word need being said.

[video=youtube;EsCKg6RyTaU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCKg6RyTaU[/video]

Jan 15, 2017
Well I found this today and thought it was interesting. An animated rough history of India.

[video=youtube;QN41DJLQmPk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN41DJLQmPk[/video]

Just to clarify, anyone that knows anything about India can post here, anyone who lives there, anyone that has visited, maybe you are not even Indian and you just read a lot. I am quite eager to know all about it. No detail is too small, no tale is too big. Tell me about India, tell me it all.

Selesmonica

Feb 4, 2017
India
Praise God, hi brother, glad to see your post about Indian, India is a very traditional country, I'm proud to be an Indian. I don't know about new Delhi if I know I will tell u soon :) , take good care of ur self

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
We must all stand up to the world’s richest nation and oppose its use of modern slavery
The Qatari government has failed to keep its pledge to reform its migrant labour system
A migrant worker carries a pole at a World Cup construction site in the Qatari capital Doha.
A migrant worker carries a pole at a World Cup construction site in the Qatari capital Doha. Photograph: AFP/Getty Images
Modern-day slavery in focus is supported by
Humanity United About this content
View more sharing options
Shares
Sharan Burrow
Saturday 18 March 2017 20.05 EDT
Life for a migrant worker under Qatar’s kafala sponsorship system means living under your employer’s total control over every aspect of your existence – from opening a bank account to changing jobs, and even being allowed to leave the country.

This corrupt system starts with recruitment under false pretences in their home countries and entraps them once they set foot in Qatar. Talking to workers in the squalid labour camps has brought home to me how these proud young men, who have left home to build a future, are deprived of dignity and treated in the most inhumane way. Worse, in the years that I’ve been visiting the camps, nothing has changed.

Hundreds of these workers succumb every year to the appalling living and working conditions, returning to their home countries in coffins, their deaths callously written off as the price of progress.

The world’s richest country is spending £400m a week on the huge infrastructure programme for 2022, but paying the workers who are making it happen as little as £8 a day. There is no minimum wage, no unions are allowed and even basic protections at work are lacking for most.

Sharan Burrow.
Sharan Burrow. Photograph: Rick Bajornas/UN
Winning the World Cup bid could have been a catalyst for change in Qatar, but it has not been yet. Certainly, nothing has improved for the families of the 13 workers who died in a company labour camp fire last June, or for the 500 workers who lost all their possessions in two more labour camp fires this year. They were offered only $50 in compensation and had to rely on charity for food, clothes and bedding.

Qatar’s PR machine is still unable to hide the truth. Its government told the UN’s International Labour Organisation this month that the exit permit regime for migrant workers has been repealed – a blatant lie.

Advertisement

Workers still have to get their employer’s permission to change jobs and even to leave the country. Appeals to a government committee are being refused at a rate of five a day. Workers learn by text message if they can leave the country or not, and many have been waiting for a month for a decision. The fate of French footballer Zahir Belounis, who was trapped in Qatar for 19 months by his club’s owners after a wage dispute, can befall any one of the nearly 2 million migrant workers there, at any time.

At the ILO, worker and employer delegates are keeping up the pressure on Qatar. Indeed, some multinational construction companies seeking improvement want to negotiate with the global construction union Building and Woodworkers International. But the government won’t allow even that.

Right now, countries need to stand up at the ILO and elsewhere to Qatar’s financial muscle and oppose its use of modern slavery. Those that don’t will be held to account.

The Qatari government has repeatedly failed to keep its pledge to reform in the years since it was awarded the World Cup. Each time I have spoken to government representatives, promises are made – but usually the same promises they made the last time we spoke.

Fifa, too, has a heavy burden of responsibility, by not making real reform a requirement for hosting its most prestigious and profitable event. Players and fans do care if the tournament is delivered on the basis of slavery, exploitation and death.

Fifa and other global sports bodies, such as the International Olympic Committee, are making human rights a requirement in future bids for major events but, right now, Qatar’s migrant workers urgently need real backing from football’s ultimate authority, as it strives to revive its battered reputation.

Sharan Burrow is general secretary of the International Trade Union Confederation
Posted by the Guardian