Tell me about the Heart of God....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
To truly know God is to know His Heart....do you know His Heart? Tell me about God’s Heart.....:unsure::love:(y)

Apr 26, 2021
I'm afraid you have me stumped there. God is very mysterious to me. Even though I study his word, I still find him inscrutable. He is too high for me.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I'm afraid you have me stumped there. God is very mysterious to me. Even though I study his word, I still find him inscrutable. He is too high for me.
you should focus on Jesus and what he taught it’s this light in the world he wants you to Know him

“And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:19-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we can’t know his limits and heavenly glory yet but we can begin to know Jesus that’s the lord revealing himself and making himself known

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6-7, 21, 23-24‬ ‭

We can begin to understand God by believing the gospel Jesus taught and then also what he did

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
To truly know God is to know His Heart....do you know His Heart? Tell me about God’s Heart.....:unsure::love:(y)
I find it astounding that our God came into the world and loved people who wanted him dead.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of God. Consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. (Hebrews 12:2-3)

His heart is to guard our hearts, against the shame of our sins, and the hostility from sinners, and thinking nothing of it beside the joy of it :cry:

May 31, 2021
I just recently started getting in touch with God. Somewhere around my early 20s I could feel his presence and I felt that there is a God. I once felt a warm loving hug while I was alone and it was so random to me. But what I could remember it was the most loving and fulfilling embrace I've ever felt in my life. I have learned now that though I am going through such difficult times, I felt angry in a sense at God for what I was going through, but I couldn't be mad at him. When I wanted to yell at him yesterday, I yelled an I love you. Even though I am going through a very difficult time, I can never be mad at him. His love goes so deep that despite misery, he is still loveable to me.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I find it astounding that our God came into the world and loved people who wanted him dead.
incomparable

“And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:33-34‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the examples he displayed in his life , make his teachings such as “ forgive , turn the other cheek , do not condemn , be merciful ect “ much more acceptable when we know he did it all for us first our lords glory in Christ

Our creators love for us

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And his people both Jew and gentile

“Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭14:64-65‬ ‭

his own priests elders scribes the entire Jewish council

“And straightway in the morning the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council, and bound Jesus, and carried him away, and delivered him to Pilate.

And the chief priests accused him of many things: but he answered nothing.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭15:1, 3‬ ‭

And Gentiles the same the rest of his creation

“And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified.

And the soldiers led him away into the hall, called Praetorium; and they call together the whole band. And they clothed him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about his head, And began to salute him, Hail, King of the Jews!

And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him. And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple from him, and put his own clothes on him, and led him out to crucify him.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭15:15-20‬ ‭

All so we can believe and be saved from what’s coming

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
incomparable

“And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:33-34‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the examples he displayed in his life , make his teachings such as “ forgive , turn the other cheek , do not condemn , be merciful ect “ much more acceptable when we know he did it all for us first our lords glory in Christ

Our creators love for us

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And his people both Jew and gentile

“Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭14:64-65‬ ‭

his own priests elders scribes the entire Jewish council

“And straightway in the morning the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council, and bound Jesus, and carried him away, and delivered him to Pilate.

And the chief priests accused him of many things: but he answered nothing.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭15:1, 3‬ ‭

And Gentiles the same the rest of his creation

“And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified.

And the soldiers led him away into the hall, called Praetorium; and they call together the whole band. And they clothed him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about his head, And began to salute him, Hail, King of the Jews!

And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him. And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple from him, and put his own clothes on him, and led him out to crucify him.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭15:15-20‬ ‭

All so we can believe and be saved from what’s coming
Yes Pilgrimshope. This is how our dear sweet Lord bore the wrongdoing, the atrocities, the sins of mankind,

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. Jn.15:25, Psa.69:4

For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.” Rom.15:3, Psa.69:9

This is the heart of our Father, patiently enduring the wickedness of mankind, as shown by his Son. This is the real gospel of our great Lord Jesus.

P

pottersclay

The heart of the Lord is pure and holy, rightous and true.
His love has no limits. His kindness no end.
His thoughts toward us are thoughts of good and not evil and countless and are compared as the number of sands in the seas each day.
His love is gracious and merciful gentle but meek it overflows toward the humble but resists the proud.
His love brings hope to the hopeless, comfort to the distressed, it feeds the hungry, and clothes the poor.
It chasens the disobedient and destroys the wicked.
It brings strength to the weak, shame to the proud, order to chaos, peace in the storms.
It redeems that which is lost, it restores our souls, it gives water for those that thirst.

The love of the father was nailed upon a tree. Given as a gift to share for you and for me.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

What a sweet and honest reply... I sense a lot of humility in you... :love:

You’re a lot closer to finding God and knowing His Heart than you realize...:love:(y)

He resists the proud but gives grace to the humble....

God’s Heart responds to your heart when you seek Him with all your heart...

Keep reading and searching the scriptures in the Holy Bible.... as you do so let your heart, not your mind, seek to know God.

Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and give you understanding....He will! It’s the only way to know God’s Heart.....with humility, His Word and His Holy Spirit. :love:(y)

Apr 26, 2021
What a sweet and honest reply... I sense a lot of humility in you... :love:

You’re a lot closer to finding God and knowing His Heart than you realize...:love:(y)

He resists the proud but gives grace to the humble....

God’s Heart responds to your heart when you seek Him with all your heart...

Keep reading and searching the scriptures in the Holy Bible.... as you do so let your heart, not your mind, seek to know God.

Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and give you understanding....He will! It’s the only way to know God’s Heart.....with humility, His Word and His Holy Spirit. :love:(y)
That's very kind of you to say.

The truth is, I'm very proud and arrogant. Unfortunately.

It's something I need to keep working on. But, despite that, God keeps revealing truth to me in his word which makes me feel indescribable.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yes Pilgrimshope. This is how our dear sweet Lord bore the wrongdoing, the atrocities, the sins of mankind,

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. Jn.15:25, Psa.69:4

For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.” Rom.15:3, Psa.69:9

This is the heart of our Father, patiently enduring the wickedness of mankind, as shown by his Son. This is the real gospel of our great Lord Jesus.
it’s certainly the point of entry or doorway as he puts it I think that as we are drawn to him lifted up high and we see and experience his love is the point where he actually becomes our lord and what happens is sort of an imparting of the actual gospel that like you we saying you see it in Christ , but you also hear it in his words of life instructing us on repentance and righteousness

his examples are the things he also taught us , the son , teaching the children to be children of God

the ultimate message of Christ isn’t only that he laid his life down for us but it is for the intent of his nature being imparted to us so we may walk in those good works prepared for us from the beginning

All he did was for the renewing of our understanding and perception of God so we would approach him rather than stand far away and be terrified because of our sins we can now approach the throne with confidence having our sins remitted we can be healed and changed by the power of his love shown and spoken into us if we will believe

he suffered and died to bring us back to God in a real way

“For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:14-17, 21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

he died our death so we can begin to live his life who is the son of God

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:12-13‬ ‭

my point is that when he’s teaching us about turning the other cheek , going out of our way to help another in need , laying down himself for the sake of others , all he teaches and expects of us , he himself the lord of glory first did it all only to save us to give us a hope

You are very correct the true gospel is Gods love for us , it has the true power to change a broken and wounded heart from years of sin and make it resemble his own heart of Gods love and that is everything. A heart created by the lords faith is going to always carry us in the direction of home

Mar 25, 2020
I think God knows more about our hearts than we do of His. I'd say that there are very few blessed times that I've heard Him speak to me. Like assuring me in a time of need. It could be a physical need or a spiritual need or a worldly need. It could be anything. There is no heart as good as God's heart. No heart can be that forgiving, that loving and that accepting. The words,"God is good", is very true. I wish I could know God's heart more. I believe that this is why we are called to follow Christ. To know God more and more and to establish a better and more closer relationship with Him as the years progress.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
he died our death so we can begin to live his life who is the son of God
I agree with your understanding of the gospel, with the possible exception of of your comment above. Jesus died a human death, but there was no justice in it.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I agree with your understanding of the gospel, with the possible exception of of your comment above. Jesus died a human death, but there was no justice in it.
I was referring to the scripture I quoted brother

I find I agree with the little you share here also that I have read what I meant by that statement is this I’m. Ot sure I said it right but I’m talking about the purpose of his death ultimately being for our benefit . Your right no justice for him , but then again he was exalted above the heavens which justified his act of sacrifice for him

but it meant and created justice for us is what I meant and were supposed to love form e one who died for us was what I was getting at not ourselves anymore but for his will in the gospel

“And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:15, 21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I was referencing that principle he died so that we could repent and then begin to live the lives of Gods children the life of the “son of God “

I was meaning he died so we could be healed and live his will out which is what we learn in the gospel

“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭2:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Such an incredible exchange becoming justice for us who had none available being sinners , justifying us by his own will giving us hope

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Perhaps that is because he is The Most High God
who has made himself known

“And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:34‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:19-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the most high God looked down from the heavens on the sons of men me there was no intercessor no one to save
So the most high God became the one we need to intercede

“The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭14:2-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the Lord saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment. And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.

And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord. As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭59:15-17, 20-21‬ ‭

he was God in the beginning , became flesh because we had no intercessor among men became that , and returned to his throne of glory having accomplished victory for man giving us an understanding of himself in Christ who is now seated as the intercessor man did not have when he looked down in the ot

“Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:34‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The most high God became what we needed without intercession man was lost and there was no one so

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.

The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:14, 18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It’s why we need to believe the gospel to know the most high God who made himself known to us in Christ