Tell me something interesting ....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hamarr

Facebook marketplace is finally working for me. A tech from Facebook supposedly fixed it 6 months ago, but it was still a dead link for me until today. I'm off to scour for junk.

Ooh! Two broken Dyson vacuums for $30!

May 20, 2017
Grape vines are deciduous and look completely dead until spring, when brand new leaves sprout all over it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This is the last track on the CD:

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
TOEDOE: THE WONDER DOG
Toedoe is a cute little medical dog owned by Rose who has a severe immune deficiency disease that often tortures her whole body and ensures that she is confined to a wheel chair. Over the years, I regularly visit Rose and Toedoe loves me because I feed her little doggie treats and because I always hold Rose's hand as I pray for her to stop her crying. If my prayers fail to stop her from crying, little Toedoe groans and gives me a stern stare as if to ask why I wasn't doing my job as comforter that day! I have never seen a bond between dog and mistress as intimate as that between Rose and Toedoe. Toedoe is now over 12 and when that littel dog dies, Rose will take it as if she has just lost her daughter. Here are 3 of my favorite Toedoe stories:

(1) Rose was driving her wheel chair with Toedoe riding on top to our local Wal-mart. When they entered the Wal-mart, Rose encountered a lady leaving whom she didn't know. Now Toedoe often whimpers, but she almost neve barks, and yet, she began barking furiously when she encountered this stranger. Then someone who knew Rose, told the woman, "Toedoe is a medical dog; so you better see a doctor at once and have yourself checkout out just in case Toedoe is barking for a good reason!" Later that evening, a nurse called Rose from our nearby hospital emergency room. She told Rose, "I'm not supposed to do this because of HYPPA laws, but I just had to tell you that your little dog just saved that lady's life!"

(2) As a pastor, I used to pray for the sick after church. One Sunday Dorla came forward for prayer before Rose arrived with Toedoe atop her wheel chair. As I began praying for Dorla, little Toedoe was incensed and barked furiously because she has no concept of "Wait your turn" and was indignant that I didn't give Rose top priority. I apologized to Dorla, who just smiled understandingly, and I laid hands on Rose in prayer. Toedoe whimpered her approval.

(3) One Communion Sunday, Rose came forward with Toedoe atop her wheel chair to receive the bread and the Communion Cup. When I gave Rose her Communion wafer, Toedoe noticed that the wafer looked like the doggie treats I used to give her and expected to be served after Rose. When I didn't give her one, she looked at me with disappointment and whimpered her disapproval. So I thought to myself, "Maybe next time I should put a doggie treat on the Communion tray for Toedoe. Then God showed His sense of humor by immediately reminding me of Jesus' saying, "Don't give what is holy to the dogs (Matthew 7:6)!" I protested, "But Lord, I don't think Jesus had in mind a cute little dog like Toedoe when He said that."

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
But I know of a restaurant where Bigfoot would always get free meals. There was this one place with a really big pair of shoes hanging by their laces on the wall, under a sign that said, "If'n yore feet is too big fer these shoes... yore meal's free!"

L

LadyInWaiting

There's only one letter in the English Alphabet that does not appear in any U.S. state name. Which one is it? Figure it out.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
But I know of a restaurant where Bigfoot would always get free meals. There was this one place with a really big pair of shoes hanging by their laces on the wall, under a sign that said, "If'n yore feet is too big fer these shoes... yore meal's free!"
There's only one letter in the English Alphabet that does not appear in any U.S. state name. Which one is it? Figure it out.
Q

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
Not sure these fall under interesting but definitely cool ! Spartanburgs annual kite festival Spartanburg Soaring ! The whale is my fave kite. I will try to share a photo. Way cool !!
6EAE5EF2-0E7C-4434-9708-F13C99DDA0B0.jpeg 6EAE5EF2-0E7C-4434-9708-F13C99DDA0B0.jpeg

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
The balloon thingys are interesting. They remind me of the Balloon Festival in Albuquerque, NM

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Those balloons are a little too close to those power lines :oops: But I like the whale one :D Here, whaley whaley..

H

Hamarr

It is apparently more difficult to find a vein in my left arm. The nurse had to do some fishing once she got the needle in. I am usually not squeamish about getting blood drawn but I did end up looking away after watching her move it in and out, in and out, etc.