Tell me your salvation story

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 10, 2018
I was born into a Christian home, but I didn't do any of the works and had no passion for it. It took a majorly dramatic event in my life to get me to run to God and trust in him solely. Tell me your stories.

J

joefizz

I was born into a Christian home, but I didn't do any of the works and had no passion for it. It took a majorly dramatic event in my life to get me to run to God and trust in him solely. Tell me your stories.
Hello again,you may want to post this and your other thread in,"Family forum" or "Bible discussion forum" because though "young adult forum" is accurate for your posts it isn't "used" as much,which is why so far noone but me has been answering your threads.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I came to receive Jesus Christ through faith several years ago on a late Saturday night. About a month prior to that, my mother in law had passed away and I was heart broken and thinking very seriously about the afterlife. Soon after she had passed away, I remember asking Jesus Christ that whatever it takes to get me to heaven, just put the answer right in front of my face so that I will know with absolute assurance here is the answer and now it's up to me to accept the truth.

I had no assurance of salvation prior to my conversion because I was trusting in works for salvation and not in Christ alone. Also, just prior to my conversion, I had read through a gospel tract that really caught my attention which led me to thoroughly search through the Scriptures. I knew the Lord was drawing me (John 6:44).

Finally, after reading through the book of Romans and eventually the book of Ephesians, I came to Ephesians 2:8,9 and that's when the light came on! I had then placed my faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Christ alone for salvation and knew without a doubt that I had become born again!

Praise the Lord! :)

I remember over the years how several people had tried to explain the gospel to me, but at that time the truth just went right over my head (just as I watch it go right over the head of unbelievers that I explain it to now) but right after my conversion, I could look back and say, "that's what he meant, that's what she meant, that's what they meant!" Now I get it!

On Sunday morning, I was water baptized at a Baptist church where some friends of ours attended and I gave about a 5-10 minute testimony just before I was baptized on how I had finally come to receive Christ through faith, but in the past had been trusting in works for salvation and had previously attended churches that falsely taught salvation by works.

*1 John 5:11 - And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. :)