Temptations

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 11, 2015
So I have been having this temptation toward someone I attend church with. I have read in Corithians 10:13 about how God will make a way out of so you won't be tempted above what you can bear. Well I have also read and thought about how it is a sin to even put yourself in the way of something or someone that is tempting. I have thought and prayed about leaving my church because of it. I don't want to and have prayed for God to send me signs and feel he has. However I am confused if my signs are from him or not. I know he won't go against his word but can I be delivered of this temptations so its longer a sin or conviction to attend my church?

H

HisHolly

Temptations come from the enemy. If you leave your church, you'll have them at another. You have to make up in your mind that what God wants is above anything here... Also asking for signs is tricky bc the enemy is in the natural world and obviously hears you too.. Bible says cast down imaginations.. it really can be daunting, but it's up to you to do it... Been here too, know from experience...

Dec 19, 2009
So I have been having this temptation toward someone I attend church with. I have read in Corithians 10:13 about how God will make a way out of so you won't be tempted above what you can bear. Well I have also read and thought about how it is a sin to even put yourself in the way of something or someone that is tempting. I have thought and prayed about leaving my church because of it. I don't want to and have prayed for God to send me signs and feel he has. However I am confused if my signs are from him or not. I know he won't go against his word but can I be delivered of this temptations so its longer a sin or conviction to attend my church?
Most certainly you need to resist temptation. I don’t think it is necessary to leave your church, though. I wonder about the fellow who is tempting you. Is he trying to tempt you? I’d be very careful around him.

D

Depleted

What's your plan? Are you going to tell him you want to have sex with him, so let's go jump in his car? Would you do that?

Assuming not, the easy way to avoid it is to not act on it. Why would you change churches to avoid something that isn't in your personality in the first place? And why do you need a sign from God? You already know he doesn't want you to act on it.

Temptation is throughout our lives. Jesus was tempted, but you think God is going to take it from you? You don't need a sign. Take God at his word.

Nov 11, 2015
Most certainly you need to resist temptation. I don’t think it is necessary to leave your church, though. I wonder about the fellow who is tempting you. Is he trying to tempt you? I’d be very careful around him.
The bigger problem is it's not a man I am tempted by. I fear these thoughts I am having because I refuse to allow the enemy to make me believe this.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
The bigger problem is it's not a man I am tempted by. I fear these thoughts I am having because I refuse to allow the enemy to make me believe this.
You still did not answer whether or not this person knows they are tempting you. If they are doing intentionally, then the procedure for resisting that temptation might be different.

Aug 16, 2016
James 4:7 - Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

The Lord wants us to resist temptations & to have self discipline. If you set in your mind you will resist the urges & the Lord will help you overcome it, it will build your faith

SunsSunny

Oct 24, 2016
I think the answer is to cultivate your relationship with God. When your lusts drag you to be tempted by your own thoughts, you are not taking control of your mind but being carnal. it is difficult to think straight in these instances and necessary to just flee.

But when you have time, seek God in the quietness of our heart in prayer. Tune out every other noise, do not be distracted and seek your Heavenly Father's face. The more you pray to him in silence, and enter the secret place of prayer, the bridal chamber of The Lord, the more you will know the Lord.

in 2 peter, he greets them saying may grace and peace be MULTIPLIED to you IN the knowledge of God and Jesus Christ our Lord. As we seek Him and know Him more, we will abound in grace and peace and set aside our carnality. When you stop viewing God as this far away distant figure but as your Near and Dear Lover, and begin to cherish the love he has for you, you will stop sinning because you love Him. Seek the Lord in prayer , talk with Him, choose him over tv and Facebook and your friends, and you will be sooooooooo satisfied!

God bless you and lavish you with the riches of his love!

Dec 20, 2014
You're right to fear thoughts of any kind of temptation. Believe you are being tempted. Give in only to the Lord.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
...would you please clarify a bit more what is going on? Your not really saying a lot..is he/she following u around or somthin??

Leaving church should only be the option when the church itself is against God. Not when you got a crush on someone. It is in the end natural.
Jesus was tempted and I can verily say, you will not be free from temptation. Jesus was tempted, paul was,..everyone gets tempted.. plus u forgot to read the rest of the verse too.
13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Endurance and persevearance...
Now another thing that kinda pops into my mind when thinking about your tempation... We humans r set up to find a mate..Do you wanna stay single all your life? Im a little confused.. please clarify a lil

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
My best advice is to talk to someone in your church you know you can really trust to help you through this. This is the enemy doing this to you, and the fact that you considered leaving your church (though I assume you mean switching) means it's working and you have to be stronger than this.

Corbinscam

Jul 17, 2016
Leaving church or blaming it on the other person seems radical to me. But maybe I'm off :D The absolute most amazing thing that ever happened to me was realizing that I, through the power and grace of God, could take all my thoughts captive. And control them. I owned them and I've been able to effectively control them. Being purposefully tempted is difficult but it's our world. That really doesn't mean we have to allow the temptation to control us.

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
First off, are you married? Secondly, what are you being tempted to do?

You say it is a sin to attend your church, how so? Just because a person is tempted to commit sin, is not a sin. Jesus was tempted to commit sins when the devil came to Him and tempted Him. It is only when you comply with the temptation that it becomes sinful. Now lusting is a different story. if you are lusting after someone in your Church that can indeed be sinful.

^i^

††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

DiscipleDave

N

NewWine

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Tells us we have a sound mind. You're not weak or too soft.

Galations 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, [SUP]23 [/SUP]gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Tells us that through the Holy Spirit we have self control to not act on our sinful nature.

Try to walk in the gifts God gives us, and focus on Christ, and through the Holy Spirit you can learn how to use self control over your feelings in this situation. It's tough sometimes, but through the Holy Spirit you can do this.
Peace!!

Nov 11, 2015
No I am not married. I am engaged. I just fear because of the lust of the eye that the lord would want me to flee the temptation. I would never act on anything and I understand being tempted isn't a sin but lusting is.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
The bigger problem is it's not a man I am tempted by
No I am not married. I am engaged. I just fear because of the lust of the eye that the lord would want me to flee the temptation.
So your tempted by a woman? How can you be engaged and yet lust for a woman? Are you bisexual? Sounds like a bizarre situation.