Ten Commandments

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 5, 2020
Imagine if the ten commandments don't apply anymore. That means what they say we can't do, we can do. And what they say we must do, we can ignore. Just like we ignore the ten commands themselves.

About the sabbath day, what day is the sabbath day in the bible? Didn't God say remember the sabbath day and keep it holy? He said, remember it! He didn't say, I establish it, when he gave the ten commandments to Moses. Did Jesus tell you to stop remembering it? He was God so did he renounce the sabbath day he intended you keep as holy and rest on?

If you go to church on Sunday, is that the sabbath day in the scripture? If it isn't then where does it say to go to church on Sunday in the scriptures?
See? Easy. You all say you believe in what the bible says and yet you argue to the point of being damn rude to one another when claiming you believe the scriptures tell you something no one else reads there.
Are you sure you all are Christians?Someone asked that same question in a different discussion. I can read why. And if you believe God lives inside you what do you think he thinks about all that bitter exchange between you all?

The bible says it I believe it and that's it.
Not for you lot though, huh.

Mar 25, 2020
Probably because he’s unsure. 🤷‍♂️
I must hide my true identity for fear the bad guys will hurt my family.

I have been to thirty five different churches you tell me which one is correct ,please

Mar 25, 2020
Imagine if the ten commandments don't apply anymore. That means what they say we can't do, we can do. And what they say we must do, we can ignore. Just like we ignore the ten commands themselves.

About the sabbath day, what day is the sabbath day in the bible? Didn't God say remember the sabbath day and keep it holy? He said, remember it! He didn't say, I establish it, when he gave the ten commandments to Moses. Did Jesus tell you to stop remembering it? He was God so did he renounce the sabbath day he intended you keep as holy and rest on?

If you go to church on Sunday, is that the sabbath day in the scripture? If it isn't then where does it say to go to church on Sunday in the scriptures?
See? Easy. You all say you believe in what the bible says and yet you argue to the point of being damn rude to one another when claiming you believe the scriptures tell you something no one else reads there.
Are you sure you all are Christians?Someone asked that same question in a different discussion. I can read why. And if you believe God lives inside you what do you think he thinks about all that bitter exchange between you all?

The bible says it I believe it and that's it.
Not for you lot though, huh.
Here here ! Well done ! Well said !!
I love you brother. How I wanted to find someone with logic and reason. They are not the TEN Suggestion, they are for our own good
The father knows what He is doing Faith, Faith. That is my problem ...what is a Christian when all they do is argue fuss and fight.
No rules, just the inner voice telling you are right and every body better listen to your opinion. What commandments
I do what I feel is right no rules.

Mar 5, 2020

I have been to thirty five different churches you tell me which one is correct ,please
How about none of them?

I remember when I was little and sitting in church. I had the children's bible on my lap and I'm reading on my own. After this I didn't want to go to church ever again because I found a passage that told me God doesn't dwell in the structures built by humanity.
Why was I sitting there in a church?
You do know you can believe in God without believing in the bible? Even Paul said that no one has any excuse to not believe in God when God is everywhere they look. What is a bible except for what makes people argue and fuss and even kill over what they think it must be saying to them and them alone.

You have this church of, and that church of, and they're all claiming to follow one God. And then there are the contradictions in the bible. God is suppose to be perfect and know everything so that right there tells you what even the cover of the bible says. It reads as, Holy Bible. It has never in its printing read, God's Words to the world. That's because the bible has been written and changed and argued over for centuries, just like what happens here. Only for the bibles case it was largely political matters that made for the fighting.

We are told to pray to God because God answers prayer. Why not do that? Pray to God and since you believe in God already wait to see how he leads you to carry on in your faith. No editing, no version, just God. Everywhere you look. Everywhere.
I take comfort in that. That makes sense.

Apr 15, 2017
I hope you are all safe, wash your hands.

They are not called the Ten Suggestions.

Exodus 31:15
Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
Exodus 35:2
Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Is it possible those worshiping on Sunday will be put to death ?
The Bible says that the 2 greatest commandments are love God, and love people.

And love works no ill towards their neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Out of faith, hope, and charity, love in action, charity is the greatest.

Paul said that we do not void out the law through faith, but we establish the law, which are the laws of love, moral laws.

And the law is spiritual, holy, just, and good.

The 10 commandments are laws of love towards God, and people, so we establish them, live up to them.

But of course we have to obey the laws of love, moral laws, for that is a given, and without holiness no person shall see the Lord.

The physical sabbath is a sabbath concerning this world, and a physical rest for God rested on the 7th day from His labor.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus went away to prepare a place for the saints which is the new earth, and new heaven.

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

When a person receives the Spirit the kingdom of God is in them, and they belong to that kingdom.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

The saints belong to the kingdom of God, and the place that Jesus went away to prepare for them, and are strangers and pilgrims on earth.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Isa 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

The kingdom of God is within you when you receive the Spirit, and you will find rest for your souls, and with stammering lips and another tongue God will speak to the people in the New Testament, saying this is the rest where you may cause the weary to rest, and this is the refreshing, yet they would not hear.

So in the New Testament the sabbath is now a spiritual sabbath when you receive the Spirit.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us (Jew and Gentile);
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.

Which Jesus took the physical ordinances of Israel out of the way including the sabbath days nailing them to His cross for they were contrary to us which means they had no bearing on spiritual salvation.

So let no man judge you in the sabbath days that you have to keep the physical day of rest for it is a spiritual rest now when you receive the Spirit.

We still keep the 10 commandments but we have the guidance of the Holy Spirit to give us power to keep them where in the Old Testament they did not have that power, so it is a spiritual sabbath now by the Spirit.

But God said some will not hear but not directing this at you for you may not of had it explained to you why that is true.

But I know many people side with their denominations and still will not listen, and it is not like the scriptures are not there to explain it, but if they are there to explain it and it appears plain then people should say my denomination is wrong on this one.

Christianity should not be a competition that say out of all the denominations that claim to have the truth we have the truth, and are the winners, and number one, like the NBA where they win the championship and say out of the teams that played we are the winners, and we are number one.

But they should admit they are wrong if scriptures point out that they are wrong.

The Bible plainly states that Jesus took the physical sabbath days out of the way nailing them to His cross for they were contrary to our spiritual salvation, so they are not there anymore to go by.

In the Old Testament it was a physical covenant with physical blessing on earth where in the New Testament it is a spiritual covenant with spiritual blessings.

Which the Bible says in the book of Acts that the Church came together daily not only on Saturday, or Sunday.

Let the marijuana smokers be the stoners, and not people be the stoners that are against people that worship on Sunday.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019

The church that acknowledges Jesus Christ is the Son of God, crucified, dead, buried and Resurrected, in Whom our sins are forgiven and our salvation is irrevocable and eternal because God’s grace is sufficient for those who have faith in Jesus.

M

Michael29

I hope you are all safe, wash your hands.

They are not called the Ten Suggestions.

Exodus 31:15
Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
Exodus 35:2
Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Wow awesome discussion and you some awesome points.

1. The Torah, the 613 Commandments in them (for no Jew simply says there is only 10 Commandments, because just read the rest of the Torah and it continues with many laws), was given from God to Moses to Jews/Israelites. Therefore no Gentile/Believer is obligated to any of the 10 commandments or 613 Commandments.

2. What do Gentiles follow? Acts and history show that in the time of the NT, there are only Jewish Synagogues to go to and places of idolatry. Jews hold that the whole world is obligated to the 7 Noachide laws (laws give from God to all mankind and they are derived from scripture). Act 15 clearly states 4 of them and makes them obligatory upon a Gentile Believer, hence the big debate and the letter sent out. Jews today hold the same, the world needs to follow the 7 and NOT convert. Therefore, Christian Gentiles has NO obligation to the Torah. Jewish Believers still have to follow the applicable 613 Mitzvot and the 10 Commandments and the Shabbat and believe in Jesus (that's another topic).

3. Now, can a Gentile "choose" to follow Jewish law? Absolutely! The amount of righteousness, wisdom, love, charity etc that is in there, is why the world exists! Everything your mind can think of, stems from Judaism (i.e. education, law, entertainment, marriage, etc). But if a Gentile fails to comply is he punished? No. There is no obligation. That is why again in Acts, you must ask yourself "What were Gentiles doing in the Synagogues and why aren't we today"? Well....thank the Catholic Church fathers for that.

I hope this was informative :)

L

Locoponydirtman

So this thread aunt really about the ten commandments. It's really just about the one, because we don't have 40 other threads about that one. What about you do not covet, and what that actually means.

Mar 25, 2020
The Bible says that the 2 greatest commandments are love God, and love people.

And love works no ill towards their neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Out of faith, hope, and charity, love in action, charity is the greatest.

Paul said that we do not void out the law through faith, but we establish the law, which are the laws of love, moral laws.

And the law is spiritual, holy, just, and good.

The 10 commandments are laws of love towards God, and people, so we establish them, live up to them.

But of course we have to obey the laws of love, moral laws, for that is a given, and without holiness no person shall see the Lord.

The physical sabbath is a sabbath concerning this world, and a physical rest for God rested on the 7th day from His labor.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus went away to prepare a place for the saints which is the new earth, and new heaven.

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

When a person receives the Spirit the kingdom of God is in them, and they belong to that kingdom.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

The saints belong to the kingdom of God, and the place that Jesus went away to prepare for them, and are strangers and pilgrims on earth.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Isa 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

The kingdom of God is within you when you receive the Spirit, and you will find rest for your souls, and with stammering lips and another tongue God will speak to the people in the New Testament, saying this is the rest where you may cause the weary to rest, and this is the refreshing, yet they would not hear.

So in the New Testament the sabbath is now a spiritual sabbath when you receive the Spirit.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us (Jew and Gentile);
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.

Which Jesus took the physical ordinances of Israel out of the way including the sabbath days nailing them to His cross for they were contrary to us which means they had no bearing on spiritual salvation.

So let no man judge you in the sabbath days that you have to keep the physical day of rest for it is a spiritual rest now when you receive the Spirit.

We still keep the 10 commandments but we have the guidance of the Holy Spirit to give us power to keep them where in the Old Testament they did not have that power, so it is a spiritual sabbath now by the Spirit.

But God said some will not hear but not directing this at you for you may not of had it explained to you why that is true.

But I know many people side with their denominations and still will not listen, and it is not like the scriptures are not there to explain it, but if they are there to explain it and it appears plain then people should say my denomination is wrong on this one.

Christianity should not be a competition that say out of all the denominations that claim to have the truth we have the truth, and are the winners, and number one, like the NBA where they win the championship and say out of the teams that played we are the winners, and we are number one.

But they should admit they are wrong if scriptures point out that they are wrong.

The Bible plainly states that Jesus took the physical sabbath days out of the way nailing them to His cross for they were contrary to our spiritual salvation, so they are not there anymore to go by.

In the Old Testament it was a physical covenant with physical blessing on earth where in the New Testament it is a spiritual covenant with spiritual blessings.

Which the Bible says in the book of Acts that the Church came together daily not only on Saturday, or Sunday.

Let the marijuana smokers be the stoners, and not people be the stoners that are against people that worship on Sunday.

There we go again listen to the inner voice forget the Old Testament, NT , studying, reading learning.
Same old fairy tale old wives tales we are warned about in the last days. Im right I have the Holy Spirit!!

Mar 25, 2020
So this thread aunt really about the ten commandments. It's really just about the one, because we don't have 40 other threads about that one. What about you do not covet, and what that actually means.
We certainly will cover those issues but not this post please, I will try to stay on topic, sorry. I am Canadian. LOL

Mar 25, 2020
Wow awesome discussion and you some awesome points.

1. The Torah, the 613 Commandments in them (for no Jew simply says there is only 10 Commandments, because just read the rest of the Torah and it continues with many laws), was given from God to Moses to Jews/Israelites. Therefore no Gentile/Believer is obligated to any of the 10 commandments or 613 Commandments.

2. What do Gentiles follow? Acts and history show that in the time of the NT, there are only Jewish Synagogues to go to and places of idolatry. Jews hold that the whole world is obligated to the 7 Noachide laws (laws give from God to all mankind and they are derived from scripture). Act 15 clearly states 4 of them and makes them obligatory upon a Gentile Believer, hence the big debate and the letter sent out. Jews today hold the same, the world needs to follow the 7 and NOT convert. Therefore, Christian Gentiles has NO obligation to the Torah. Jewish Believers still have to follow the applicable 613 Mitzvot and the 10 Commandments and the Shabbat and believe in Jesus (that's another topic).

3. Now, can a Gentile "choose" to follow Jewish law? Absolutely! The amount of righteousness, wisdom, love, charity etc that is in there, is why the world exists! Everything your mind can think of, stems from Judaism (i.e. education, law, entertainment, marriage, etc). But if a Gentile fails to comply is he punished? No. There is no obligation. That is why again in Acts, you must ask yourself "What were Gentiles doing in the Synagogues and why aren't we today"? Well....thank the Catholic Church fathers for that.

I hope this was informative :)

Beauty, terrific, wisdom,understanding, you got it baby knowledge.

As I say to my Jewish friend Father Abraham is a Gentile not a Jew, boy that get his socks in a knot. LOL
Father Noah is a Gentile not a Jew, yet we are all descended from a Gentile put that in your pipe and smoke it!! lol
Do you realize the translators hated Jews so they changed the word Torah to the word law. If you take the time to look
up the Hebrew it says Torah over 200 times never the word law. So really it is saying the first five books are to be as
rules to live by not laws. Every society needs rules ,.
Imagine life without rules.
Not the law which can never ever save you that is a foolish statement that Rabbi Yashuah never ever said.

L

Locoponydirtman

We certainly will cover those issues but not this post please, I will try to stay on topic, sorry. I am Canadian. LOL
You can't help being Canadian, and I don't have any problem with Canadian folks.
You can read all my responses concerning the Sabbath day in one of the dozen other Sabbath day threads .

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
The power is in the one the NAME belongs to :) Yeshua/Jesus every knee will bow every tongue confess HE IS LORD AMEN!
Safe? Always.. That goes hand in hand with GOD who is always with me/us amen? Washing my hands? No more then I ever did. Not using anything new. Didn't go out and by anything for our hands. No fear

Christ came already.. as far as I know God does not hold the world to Jewish laws. Again Christ came so.. if you worship on Sunday or Monday.. that day off was made for YOU not God. He wants us to take a day off.

M

Michael29

Beauty, terrific, wisdom,understanding, you got it baby knowledge.

As I say to my Jewish friend Father Abraham is a Gentile not a Jew, boy that get his socks in a knot. LOL
Father Noah is a Gentile not a Jew, yet we are all descended from a Gentile put that in your pipe and smoke it!! lol
Do you realize the translators hated Jews so they changed the word Torah to the word law. If you take the time to look
up the Hebrew it says Torah over 200 times never the word law. So really it is saying the first five books are to be as
rules to live by not laws. Every society needs rules ,.
Imagine life without rules.
Not the law which can never ever save you that is a foolish statement that Rabbi Yashuah never ever said.

I greatly appreciate your words Elvis! I am glad that you appreciate what God has granted me. To be very technical, there never was a 1st Jew, but the moment the Torah was given, there were 600,000+ instant made Jews (Israelites) because that's when they became a Nation. Yes Avraham is the father of them all, and "spiritually" a Jew, but Avraham was a Righteous Gentile and through him all righteousness and blessing is bestowed on the earth because he was the 1st man to completely (180) turn around the sin of Adam (the goal of every human being, is to better this world through God's instructions since we are servants).

Yes I am aware of all the anti-semitism within Christian theology (alert, that does NOT mean bad Christians at all, I love Christians) but the leaders did this and God allowed it, so it would be hidden. Why did God hide it? Because those who truly love God, will go to all ends to search for truth, for does not a man go to the end of the world to win over the woman he loves? How much more for God? If a woman just said "Believe and I am all yours", no value in that is there? The reward comes with much effort in Gods word, but like a beautiful gem, you don't expose it on Main St, you hid it and those worthy shall find it! "The path of destruction is wide and the righteous one is narrow and few will find it".

Thank you and willing to share anything you'd like.

E

EleventhHour

The heavenly Father is the savior and the King, so through his Son we have have access to salvation offered by Yahweh.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
I see nothing about "access"

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8

7seasrekeyed

I see nothing about "access"

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8

you know, we are getting quite a bit of this lately:

For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily. II Corinthians 11:4

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
another sabbath thread.

keep your eyes open guys i will make another one soon hahahaha cause i have question about it. literally am i going crazy?

7seasrekeyed

another sabbath thread.

keep your eyes open guys i will make another one soon hahahaha cause i have question about it. literally am i going crazy?

dude is throwing sand in everyone's eyes

the deception is real

7seasrekeyed

Thanks folks for your thoughts. Personally I prefer His Jewish name , Rabbi Yashuah Moshiach of Nazareth ,who is a Jew not a Christian ,,who taught His followers to follow Torah , The Law of Moses, The Commandments the statutes, the judgments, and if I have to answer to Him at the Judgment ,why I rejected Torah and the Law of Moses ,when He taught us that the Law does not save you
please do not say I said the law saves you that is a lie, for only through Rabbi Yashuah Moshiach of Nazareth is there access to the savior the Father.
The Law does not save you I hope that is clear, However the words in Torah are just rules to live by thats all. Every society has to have rules
Why object to the rules that Rabbi Yashuah says will help us live better lives like" love your neighbor".
I think I will trust Rabbi Yashuah is much smarter than me, start studying Torah.
LOL!

where do Christians come from then?

oh wait....Christ...The Christ One

this mashup you are presenting is not as brilliant as you seem to think it is

since death was the punishment for breaking a good amount of TORAH...seems like those are some pretty strong 'suggestions'

your novel presentation is another in a long long line of people who conflate the Old and New testaments and wish to lead others down the same dead end

first of all you say the law does not save you, then you say the law is not actually but rather just rules to live by, then you call Jesus Rabbi and tell everyone to study Torah

I do believe I smell an agenda. in fact, I know I do :rolleyes:

so thanks for your thoughts mr pelvis but go and swing that somewhere else

how do people get away with handles like that anyway?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
In which context? The SDA church wrongly claims that Sunday worship is equivalent to taking the Mark of the Beast, but the Bible tells us that there is such a thing as "the LORD'S DAY" (Rev 1:10), and ever since conservative Christians have observed the first day of the week (which happens to be know as the day of the Sun) as the Lord's Day and the Christian sabbath.