Testing the Waters

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RWRiley

New member
Oct 2, 2026
7
8
3
My name is Robin, Robin Riley, call me Robin ... My interest is in the Pauline scriptures; historically there are 13 of these that are associated with Paul ... I have compiled my own translations of these, from the Greek to English, using the Robinson and Pierpont Byzantine Textform (RP2026). I have taught myself the necessary Greek, so do not let that deter anyone, I am just a layman at all of this ... I have just spent and lot of time and effort in getting to this point in my studies ... and miles to go, miles to go before I sleep. I do not see any topics, herein, that on the surface look like something that I would actively engage in .. I might post a comment or two, if the topic proved interesting, but again, my interests are not so much about doctrine, or day to day issues, nor all that much about questions outside of the Pauline Epistles ... but again, if a topic is interesting, I will join in to some extent. Hopefully, if I post a topic ... which you might at first tend to shy away from because it is too down in the weeds ... I will try to make my topics interesting enough to at least enlist a comment or two from some of you. Maybe then, we cold have a real discussion going ... Well that's me, and that' my practice ... Feel free to get back with me, if you have some comment or such?
 
Hello Robin (@RWRiley), welcome to CChat 👋:) I'm glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us 😊

God bless you!!

​
~Deuteronomy

1 Thessalonians 5​
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
​
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass. ​
.
 
Hello Robin (@RWRiley), welcome to CChat 👋:) I'm glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us 😊

God bless you!!

​
~Deuteronomy

1 Thessalonians 5​
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body ​
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. ​
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass. ​
.
Good evening "Deuteronomy" ... might I call you "Deut" ...
As I said in my introduction, I have compiled my own Greek to English translations ... so I thought that you might be interested in these for your two cited verses ... And, I do happen to like these two verses a lot; I'm thinking the you do as well... Do you think that I will "fit" herein with this group ... again, I'm purposefully testing the waters ... because I a, rather focused on just paying close attention to the actual words and there use, rather than the message they are said to convey. That is, I've come to the conclusion, after almost 80 years, that it's important (for me) to first get the wording as correct as possible, before I delve into what that wording might mean. I've tried it the other way, first the meaning and only then the wording ... not the best route to take, believe me, Hanna!

5:23 Yet, the same God of~the peace, to~you wholly-finished [ones] (and the wholly-allotted spirit of~yours), may He sanctify; and the soul and the body, in with~the being-beside-presence of~Yeshua Anointed (the Lord of~ours), may it be guarded blamelessly.



Αὐτὸς δὲ ὁ θεὸς τῆς εἰρήνης ἁγιάσαι ὑμᾶς ὁλοτελεῖς·καὶ ὁλόκληρον ὑμῶν τὸ πνεῦμα καὶ ἡ ψυχὴ καὶ τὸ
σῶμα ἀμέμπτως ἐν τῇ παρουσίᾳ τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ χριστοῦ τηρηθείη.

a~same [One] {0846 P-NSM} yet {1161 CONJ} the [One] {3588 T-NSM} a~God {2316 N-NSM} of~the [one] {3588 T-GSF} of~a~peace {1515 N-GSF} He may sanctify {0037 V-AAO-3S} to~you {1473 P-2AP} to~wholly-finished [ones] {3651 A-APM} and {2532 CONJ} a~wholly-allotted [thing] {3648 A-NSN} of~yours {1473 P-2GP} the [thing] {3588 T-NSN} a~spirit {4151 N-NSN} and {2532 CONJ} the [one] {3588 T-NSF} a~soul {5590 N-NSF} and {2532 CONJ} the [thing] {3588 T-NSN} a~body {4983 N-NSN} blamelessly {0274 ADV} in {1722 PREP} unto~the [one] {3588 T-DSF} unto~a~being-beside-presence {3952 N-DSF} of~the [One] {3588 T-GSM} of~a~Lord {2962 N-GSM} of~ours {1473 P-1GP} of~Yeshua/ of~Jesus {2424 N-GSM} of~an~Anointed/ of~a~Christ {5547 N-GSM} it may be guarded {5083 V-APO-3S}


5:24 The trustable [God] to~you calling, which~a [God], He will do, also.



Πιστὸς ὁ καλῶν ὑμᾶς, ὃς καὶ ποιήσει.

a~trustable [One] {4103 A-NSM} the [One] {3588 T-NSM} calling {2564 V-PAP-NSM} to~you {1473 P-2AP} which~a [One] {3739 R-NSM} also {2532 CONJ} He will do {4160 V-FAI-3S}
 
  • Like
Reactions: TabinRivCA
Hi RWRiley welcome to CC, nice to have you joining us! I think your studies and approach would be welcome in the BDF (Bible Discussion Forum) and after having a browse through some of the topics, consider posing a Thread for sure. God bless you and your endeavors🙏🙌
 
Hi RWRiley welcome to CC, nice to have you joining us! I think your studies and approach would be welcome in the BDF (Bible Discussion Forum) and after having a browse through some of the topics, consider posing a Thread for sure. God bless you and your endeavors🙏🙌
As a new person here, I am not familiar with all of this sites resources ... I have looked around, even found the "blog" site ... which looks interesting ... but I do to know what you mean by "...in the BDF (Bible Discussion Forum)" ... That is, it looks like you are telling me that there are private chat sites associated with this forum? These are not readily apparent to me ,... where would I look for access to these? .... Aside: I did try posting a new topic thread, it appeared to take, even took a second entry from me to clarify a point in the first entry, but now I notice that it has been deleted ... it was. rather a. benign attempt to delve into some research I'd done on the Greek word for grace ... so there was not reason for it to be deleted ... so as originally indicated, I am just testing the waters, here, and apparently not doing all that well?? Thanks for the "heart" ... for the salutation and acknowledgement ... get back with me, ok?
 
  • Like
Reactions: TabinRivCA
As a new person here, I am not familiar with all of this sites resources ... I have looked around, even found the "blog" site ... which looks interesting ... but I do to know what you mean by "...in the BDF (Bible Discussion Forum)" ... That is, it looks like you are telling me that there are private chat sites associated with this forum? These are not readily apparent to me ,... where would I look for access to these? .... Aside: I did try posting a new topic thread, it appeared to take, even took a second entry from me to clarify a point in the first entry, but now I notice that it has been deleted ... it was. rather a. benign attempt to delve into some research I'd done on the Greek word for grace ... so there was not reason for it to be deleted ... so as originally indicated, I am just testing the waters, here, and apparently not doing all that well?? Thanks for the "heart" ... for the salutation and acknowledgement ... get back with me, ok?
The BDF is one of the Forums here where Biblical related topics are discussed and 'debated'. When someone posts a Thread it may take a while to be approved if a 'Mod'(erator) is not on site. I don't see why your post would be deleted as you described it, if you want to check out the guidelines for CC, go to Terms of Service at the bottom of the page. Hope you keep trying!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tall_Timbers
The BDF is one of the Forums here where Biblical related topics are discussed and 'debated'. When someone posts a Thread it may take a while to be approved if a 'Mod'(erator) is not on site. I don't see why your post would be deleted as you described it, if you want to check out the guidelines for CC, go to Terms of Service at the bottom of the page. Hope you keep trying!
Thank you ... see now that it was the restored ... it was a good review, perhaps you would be interested in it; perhaps not? it really does not matter to me, there's other much I can share with others, that's not mine to do .. I try, but that's god's to decide, and He does have an interesting sense of humor, dont you think! Ah, alls well .. we have met, and talked ... it;s a good thing, that ... perhaps that's all? its yours to take it further. Ahhhh ... I've some expectation of an actual discussion of scripture, but expectations and butterflies are little wings in the wind, anoint they? God bless, we will see what we will see ... I aint a hiding me breath...
 
  • Like
Reactions: TabinRivCA