I'd be interested in they Lyrica ..I love Paul! Well, I suppose most Christians ought to, but apparently some do not.
Any way, one of the first praise and worship songs I wrote this year was about Paul.
I'd be interested in they Lyrica ..I love Paul! Well, I suppose most Christians ought to, but apparently some do not.
Any way, one of the first praise and worship songs I wrote this year was about Paul.
I'd be interested how you would do this with the applicable verses ... the Pauline verses ...this might be difficult in with the 4102 and 4103 nouns and adjectives ... fact of the matter, I see you having some difficulty with a lot of the verb, as well? Also, it is allowable to use more than. one English word (as equivalent with piste), the Greek word can, indeed, have different English words in it stable to ride, but once you assign any English word to be owned by that Greek word, you can never use that English word again, for any other Greek word (this is termed being concordantly consistent). That is, for all of these many Pauline words (4100, 4102, 4103) I have just use the word forms of "trust" ... they do work consistently, without any problems, but you are correct about them not always capturing all of the intended nuance of the specific contexts .... however, that's the very nature of translations! That is, if the word choice completely failed at conveying what was intended, then that word choice is wrong ... and there would be a good chance that it would then be actually wrong in the other instances as well. the word choice has to "fit" all instances ... perhaps not well, like a tailored suit, but fit nevertheless. This would be where you then looked for an optional word choice, to also be stabled with your first word choice .. two or more word choices that now belonged to only the one Greek word; their use then dependent upon the verse context.The thing about trust is pisteuo is much deeper than the word trust will allow.
When we try to translate pisteuo, we always try and do it with a single word, pisteuo can't be translated by not only one word, but notceven one sentence.
Pisteuo is defined in the Vines as" a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ". 1) a surrendered life, and 2) living a life inspired by that surrender.
Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT, and only means trust 3 times. If pisteuo was trust , they would have used one of the 5 Greek words for trust.
But, trust is a part of the surrendered life and the life inspired by such surrender. It just not the predominant meaning.
And surely, believing is an even smaller part of pisteuo.
what is the song ... the lyrics, and the tune? Honestly, I do not understand the term "worship" ... God doesn't "need" that? Now, "thanks, " this I can grasp as something you direct towards God, but "worship" sounds a little pagan ... to me.I love Paul! Well, I suppose most Christians ought to, but apparently some do not.
Any way, one of the first praise and worship songs I wrote this year was about Paul.
I'd be interested how you would do this with the applicable verses ... the Pauline verses ...this might be difficult in with the 4102 and 4103 nouns and adjectives ... fact of the matter, I see you having some difficulty with a lot of the verb, as well? Also, it is allowable to use more than. one English word (as equivalent with piste), the Greek word can, indeed, have different English words in it stable to ride, but once you assign any English word to be owned by that Greek word, you can never use that English word again, for any other Greek word (this is termed being concordantly consistent). That is, for all of these many Pauline words (4100, 4102, 4103) I have just use the word forms of "trust" ... they do work consistently, without any problems, but you are correct about them not always capturing all of the intended nuance of the specific contexts .... however, that's the very nature of translations! That is, if the word choice completely failed at conveying what was intended, then that word choice is wrong ... and there would be a good chance that it would then be actually wrong in the other instances as well. the word choice has to "fit" all instances ... perhaps not well, like a tailored suit, but fit nevertheless. This would be where you then looked for an optional word choice, to also be stabled with your first word choice .. two or more word choices that now belonged to only the one Greek word; their use then dependent upon the verse context.
Since you did not like my overall use of the "trust" word forms ... I'd be very interested in seeing what alternate English words you have in mind?
It all depends on what and how your trusting in.
If your trusting in what Jesus said and did to receive His Spirit, that will avail nothing.
If you trust in the fact He accepted your surrendered life, and will keep and protect the surrendered life, that will avail everything.
A personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender, this understanding can't be perverted.
Again, Watchman ... you dodge and dip with zest. I've posted some very speciric things, and ask you some ver specifi matters... and you just puff and fluff back at me. Give it a rest, why don't you? Or perhaps ... you are unable to do so?It all depends on what and how your trusting in.
If your trusting in what Jesus said and did to receive His Spirit, that will avail nothing.
If you trust in the fact He accepted your surrendered life, and will keep and protect the surrendered life, that will avail everything.
A personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender, this understanding can't be perverted.
Ahhh ... I tumbled on the music ... just clicked on th picture of tht old sweaty man in the brown attire, with the lovely chain necklace ... Good music, is it yours or an AI rendering? Can you provide me with th text of the lyrics .. I'd like to see just how scriptural they are? I really do not grasp the purpose of music in a "church" gathering? Doe this constitute "worship" ... whatever that might be? Or is it to enhance some emotional spell over the particiipants? I don't get it ... sorry, I've honestly tried, but just do not get it .. am not comfortable with it. Doe that mean I am bond for hell? LOLI love Paul! Well, I suppose most Christians ought to, but apparently some do not.
Any way, one of the first praise and worship songs I wrote this year was about Paul.
why is your hair silver blond in the one picture and in the one with the horse ... unicorn? ... some other color? Do you actually have a horse? ... a unicorn?![]()
Welcome!
![]()