Hi. I've been on this site for a short time, and have, until now, neglected to introduce myself. I apologize for skipping that... It may have helped me feel more welcome than I have been made to feel here so far.
No worries, from my point of view, I've simply stumbled onto another group of individuals who are actively engaged in being right about everything, and comfortable in letting others know upfront that they're wrong... about whatever.
I came here seeking mature and mutually respectful discussions about God's Word. I've waited for weeks to find something. I decided to just test the waters by responding to a couple posts...
That didn't seem to be work. On one thread, I presented an inquiry and provided an acceptable context for my inquiry... I was told that 1. I was wrong, and 2. They don't have time to show me why I'm wrong.
On another, after making just one simple comment, I've received two response by the same person who found a different way to tell me I was wrong... before I'd even read the first response.
I backed up my response, as I'm always told I have to on these sites, but what I'm receiving is just people expressing unfounded opinions.
What gives? Is this what Christian Chat is about?
Let me know how I can make this work, or tell me to leave.
No worries, from my point of view, I've simply stumbled onto another group of individuals who are actively engaged in being right about everything, and comfortable in letting others know upfront that they're wrong... about whatever.
I came here seeking mature and mutually respectful discussions about God's Word. I've waited for weeks to find something. I decided to just test the waters by responding to a couple posts...
That didn't seem to be work. On one thread, I presented an inquiry and provided an acceptable context for my inquiry... I was told that 1. I was wrong, and 2. They don't have time to show me why I'm wrong.
On another, after making just one simple comment, I've received two response by the same person who found a different way to tell me I was wrong... before I'd even read the first response.
I backed up my response, as I'm always told I have to on these sites, but what I'm receiving is just people expressing unfounded opinions.
What gives? Is this what Christian Chat is about?
Let me know how I can make this work, or tell me to leave.