Testing thread to figure out how to copy a pic to here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What IS your profession, magenta??
I am a printer in a photo lab :) Basically I look at everyone's pictures and colour correct everything before it goes to the printing machine. Before the days of display monitors and backprinters (which record the filtration on the print), I read negatives with my eye and remembered every correction I made on every picture I printed. Digital has changed how I do my job, but it is still the same in some ways as it was when I got my first lab job on my twenty-first birthday forty two years ago :eek::D I have had three jobs in 42 years in this industry, and been at my current job for 36 years :)

Nov 12, 2015
I am a printer in a photo lab :) Basically I look at everyone's pictures and colour correct everything before it goes to the printing machine. Before the days of display monitors and backprinters (which record the filtration on the print), I read negatives with my eye and remembered every correction I made on every picture I printed. Digital has changed how I do my job, but it is still the same in some ways as it was when I got my first lab job on my twenty-first birthday forty two years ago :eek::D I have had three jobs in 42 years in this industry, and been at my current job for 36 years :)
Oh yeh, now I remember you saying one time that you looked at a friends vacation pics and were underwhelmed because you'd seen them a million times with different faces! :D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
How to you mean?
Where does one start from?
from computer ??
step by step please for us old folk please
Select the third icon from the right above the text box.
It presents two option tabs to Insert Image: From Computer, and From URL.

If choosing From Computer, at the bottom center of the app it says, Select Files.
Click that to browse your folders for the image files you want to upload.

I can get that far. Wow. It is going to let me :eek:

When you have chosen the images, click Upload File(s)

View attachment 179452

View attachment 179451

I have not been able to do that for many months now :eek:

But I lost my internet connection grrrrr

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My images showed up for me at first, but then disappeared after I edited my post to bold the app options :p If you click the image numbers, does it open so you can see the image? My internet connection has been terrible lately :(

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Well that's interesting
peoples must have different versions of CC
when I click on the third icon 'insert image' I only get one choice -
add an Image from Url
Allowed filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif

No option to load up from computer
Hey man I want a refund !!

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Ok here is another experiment
I have posted some of my PC pix into a website address

https://postimages.org/

so this should theoretically work
if not I will have to go purple and hope that makes a difference

Ok I need not go purple which is good as I am more of a I love yellow guy
but it is not as easy as simply copy and paste [there are no instructions whatsoever
in postimg.org and it is trial and error all the way]
The image /pic you want to post you select and then click on 'share' this then
gives one a multitude of web addresses and a URL listed as 'direct link'
copy and paste this into the insert image box as the required URL and
hey presto magic your picture from your computer will arrive.

Now for all my baby on the rug photos - are you ready ??

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Well that's interesting
peoples must have different versions of CC
when I click on the third icon 'insert image' I only get one choice -
add an Image from Url
Allowed filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif

No option to load up from computer
Hey man I want a refund !!

T
That's what I get.
And when I post the link all I get is a small empty box appear

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
My children pooled their money and shouted me a Father's Day gift
of a hot air balloon ride over our famous Barossa Valley
So this pic is from my daughter's Nikon camera from the basket
saved from camera to PC now to postimg.org and now over to CC

I'm still searching for those baby photos - it was the only time I was cute. [SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
That's what I get.
And when I post the link all I get is a small empty box appear
You are posting the wrong link

when the pix are loaded up into your gallery on postimg.org and you want to
paste in such

select the picture and share
you will get the above listing of web addresses and all that
the second address from the top is 'direct link' highlight this for
copy and paste that link into the insert image box in your CC thread for that is the URL for your selected picture. [/SIZE]

Nov 12, 2015
I don't have a cat anymore. Tequila is dead. :( It'll be 2 years on Friday...
aww...I knew about tequila but I assumed you had more cats since you love them so much...I've had 4 orange tabbys. They were all so awesome. Hard to lose, but I know I'll see them again. When I'm sad, I go to the Humane Society and look at all the kitties. If not for this stupid dog I didn't even want who hates cats, I would have brought orange tabbys home 7 or 8 times. As it is, I see kids and parents in there looking for a kitty and if there is an orange tabby there I talk them into taking it and tell them how they're just different from other cats. If you lived near me I would be begging you to come look everytime one came in. I'd probably drop it at your door so you couldn't say no because I desperately want them to have a home!