Thank God for family days!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

So my family loves to do free or low cost activities together.

We love museums, camping and hiking in state parks, festivals, libraries, vacation Bible school, Christian concerts and talks and many more.

I thought we could share pictures, ideas and events we find interesting. Also maybe tips on how to have a fun day and save money and avoid tantrums. Like packing a snack or good car games, etc.

Just wanted a positive thread where we can thank God for all the blessings He has given us. Especially time with family and loved ones.

A

Ariel82

8937.jpg

Thank God for Mermaid day at the Fort Fisher aquarium!

My daughter took this picture! Not bad for an 8 year old.

***note if you buy a year membership pass for $60 your family can go to any state aquarium and other zoos in Southeastern USA, etc for free or at a discount. So worth the investment!****

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
I heard about that "Mermaid Con".... That is the silliest thing i ever heard. Lol no offense to anyone but.... why?

S

Sully

I heard about that "Mermaid Con".... That is the silliest thing i ever heard. Lol no offense to anyone but.... why?
Bet they sell A LOT of starbucks coffee.:rolleyes:

A

Ariel82

???

It's just like a "princess" day or Disney land. Little kids like to dress up and play pretend.

It's only a con if folks actually,believe the people are real.

My kids know it's a game and fun to play. Kids should he taighr the difference between fantasy and reality. Still using their imagination leads to problem solving, relating to pther and seeing others points of view.

I feel like I am missing something, what does Starbucks have to do with watching someone swim in an aquarium with fishes?

Some days I wonder why I bother posting.

G

Galatea

Because little girls believe in mermaids and like to see them. Back in the Stone Age when I was a child, there was a ride at Disney World where you would get in a "submarine" be submerged and see the mermaids. I was six and believed they were real. It was magic.

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
???

It's just like a "princess" day or Disney land. Little kids like to dress up and play pretend.

It's only a con if folks actually,believe the people are real.

My kids know it's a game and fun to play. Kids should he taighr the difference between fantasy and reality. Still using their imagination leads to problem solving, relating to pther and seeing others points of view.

I feel like I am missing something, what does Starbucks have to do with watching someone swim in an aquarium with fishes?

Some days I wonder why I bother posting.
no this was grown people! And it was weird. Now I understand children, but not grown men and women.

Feb 28, 2016
magic-pretend! satan's 'spice/entice of life' in this 'fallen-world'...

notmyown

May 26, 2016
keep going, Ariel! we need some positive thread ideas? :)

when our kids were little, they'd down a bowl of cereal while Mark and i packed lunch and dinner. we'd all head out to a park or museum or historical site for the whole day. it was so much fun, and you'll see in a decade or two how much your kids will talk about 'the time we....' .

i'd post pics, but as Galatea said, it was the stone age and cameras weren't digital, nor pics uploadable from phones. :)

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
I once went to my grandmothers reunion down in Eastern kentucky. It was fun, and pretty (This happened when almost everyone here photoshopped my old avatar into there) and no phone signal. And the main words that i spoke, were "were Gonna be shot!" Bringing a city girl into the country like that... lol I thank God for that memorable experiance.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
I once went to my grandmothers reunion down in Eastern kentucky. It was fun, and pretty (This happened when almost everyone here photoshopped my old avatar into there) and no phone signal. And the main words that i spoke, were "were Gonna be shot!" Bringing a city girl into the country like that... lol I thank God for that memorable experiance.
we intentionally go to the Adirondacks every summer because there's no internet or tv and you have to walk a quarter mile for a cell signal. ;)

(but we don't think we're gonna be shot. how brave of you!)

A

Ariel82

no this was grown people! And it was weird. Now I understand children, but not grown men and women.
Is it like those conventions where people dress up as comic book characters? Do they hold it in a pool or lagoon?

Might be a different take on a costume party?

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
Is it like those conventions where people dress up as comic book characters? Do they hold it in a pool or lagoon?

Might be a different take on a costume party?
Yeah its just like an anime con or comic con, but its for mermaids. I think they do it in a pool.

A

Ariel82

There are places where you yell from the driveway and don't knock on the front door because you might be met with the wrong side of a double barrel shot gun.

However I have found country folks tend to be more helpful than most city folk I have meet...time moves slower and folks aren't in as much of a hurry.

We visted DC and my son asked why it didn't feel "homey"...We figured out that the 8 line highways and talk buildings didn't make him feel at home as the 15 minute drive in the state park to our campground. Figured it was probably due to the lack of trees in the highway and in much of the city.

A

Ariel82

Aaaaahhhh my eyes...things you can't unsee....

A guy in a mermaid costume and nude beaches in Europe (average age: 60)

shop-fin-fun-mermaid-tails.jpg

Replacing image....

Last edited by a moderator:

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
There are places where you yell from the driveway and don't knock on the front door because you might be met with the wrong side of a double barrel shot gun.

However I have found country folks tend to be more helpful than most city folk I have meet...time moves slower and folks aren't in as much of a hurry.

We visted DC and my son asked why it didn't feel "homey"...We figured out that the 8 line highways and talk buildings didn't make him feel at home as the 15 minute drive in the state park to our campground. Figured it was probably due to the lack of trees in the highway and in much of the city.
we went down this old road called Linefork. Scariest place ive ever been. I have expected a demon to come out of the woods at us.

I went to DC once. I hated it. We stayed at some hotel in Cheveychase. No where to park, crowded streets, and the resturants are just... weird. I dont like northern food.I mean , im glad I went once, but not again

A

Ariel82

We hammock camped at a state park and rode the Metro in and walked to the monuments and museums.

Didn't get to see alot, so we hope for another trip soon.

It was nice taking the metro and not trying to drive. We at breakfast and dinner at the campsite and packed lunch, snack and water to save money on meals out.

Since the museums and monuments were free, the kids liked it and we read the different signs. Hopefuly it will help them when they cover it in school to make the connections with the world around them.

A

Ariel82

0121170705a.jpg

Hammock camping at Lake Waccamaw state park

0121170755.jpg

My DC pictures aren't on my phone anymore. it's been a couple years.