Thank You, Jesus!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NewChapter

Hello!

This is my testimony.

When I turned eighteen, I changed my name to John.
I am a 25 year old man from Norway, born in a city called Bergen.
In my days as a newborn, I stayed a few months in that city.

Our family fell from five members to four, and my parents moved around with me and my older sister, until we ended up in a city called Oslo.

A few years later, two younger members were added to my family.
During my years of living, I have gotten used to moving, and have experienced my life as uncertain. In my childhood home, most of my memory is about parents who were not present, lack of security and love.

I was used to having to fight, and work hard for my father's love. I did not receive it.

From the age of 10, my parents divorced.
I put a lot of weight on me and was quite depressed from the age of 10. I moved with my mother and my two younger siblings to another city.

As a person, I have been able to adapt to other people, as I have been a part of many different environments.
I did not have any boundaries, so I did as I pleased, without thinking of the consequenses.

It led to dozens of wrong choices. I started smoking, stealing in stores. When I got older it ended up in several thefts, alcohol, and drugs.

The "funny" thing is that as a kid I wanted to work in the police.

I have been a rootless person, and not felt any true belonging anywhere. For the most part, I was concerned with myself, - and over the years I spent a lot of time on my own. I would no longer have so much to do with others, and I was not interested in friendships anymore.

As a person, I became more and more unsure of myself, and my own worth as a human being.
I found excitement by doing what was not legal and the friends I had were also not so used to boundaries.

At the age of eighteen I found a girlfriend at a Christian school of internship, which my mother had chosen for me, but I did not find the deep longing I had for love in that relationship... I misunderstood sexual intercourse with love.
It could not satisfy the longing and emptiness I had in my heart.

Some of my family members were in the salvation army, on my mothers side of the family. I defined myself as a Christian because I was wearing the cross around my neck, but mentioned when I was asked; " Christian but not after the "book".
I took a distance from Jesus, and did not have much knowledge of Him. I did not know what I was saying, the cross was more a piece of jewelry than anything else at that point.

I was not on the school bench, and flunked almost all subjects, and spent most of my time in the living area of the school buildings. I have not completed my schooling.

I have given many thoughts to death.

I had a fear of death several times at that age - and remembering my mother mentioning that it was Jesus who called me home.
I did not believe in Jesus until six years later when I was in a real hopeless situation in my life.

Father of a little girl, a relationship that had broken by deceit, and suffering.
And I drove my life in the ditch. I took up debt, spent everything on myself, on alcohol, drugs, and on shameful things.
The highlight of my day was to do drugs, and keep on dreaming about the life I wanted.

I had the hope that everything would work out and I had ambitions for money and success. That I would be able to keep my family together, and that my success was supposed to change it all.
I had a dream about making and drawing children's books, and doing business, but my life went in a circle and I met the wall.

My friends and I met only to do drugs, and it became the main reason we met. Otherwise, we did not have anything in common.

I was beaten with thoughts and became more observant of how fake we all had become. How dishonest we were and how much darkness we were surrounded by.

There was lies and deceit, money in focus, and the urge to satisfy bodily "needs" no matter what it might cost.

I was on the dock once, looking at some luxury boats, thinking about what would change if I had achieved what I was looking for.
Would it satisfy any of my longings? The whole situation would still be the same, and there would be no real change.

I turned to God, and could not hold myself together anymore. I broke down in great sadness.
I began to read in His Word, and participated in two-three church meetings over the next months.
A word that fastened one day was that God is closer than we think.

On December 30, 2016, around 03:30 AM, I was met with overwhelming power and love by the Holy Ghost of God, which fell upon me, and in a moment replaced everything within the walls of my heart and set me free from the fierce fear that had kept me in chains all my life.

I was saved while I was listening to a recording on Youtube; - "How God Kills Fear", by John P. Jackson, home alone, in the bedroom in my apartment. God touched me with his hand and I was awakened to life.

At the very moment when God exchanged my heart, I knew I was totally transformed. The fear was not present at all,
and the love of God had taken over. He set me free from all my demons, and all of my addictions had broken off. I was so overwhelmed by the power of God that I tried to move things in my room ...

I had faith so strong that I was almost wondering why I didn't just fly away. It's the most intense experience I've ever had.

I told Him I was sorry that I thought I could control it afterwards...

At that moment I was brought from the darkness I was enslaved in, into the light, the transition was very abrupt and my life was turned on my head.
I was in ecstasy, God's love was so overwhelming that it was impossible not to smile for almost a whole week. I was like a happy child again, without a single concern in this world. God gave me a totally new outlook on life.

Early the same day, without mentioning anything, I met my mother. After we were in the postal office, she took up a small note that she did not know where came from, with a "random" Bible verse.

Isaiah 41:10 New International Version (NIV)

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

God has done great things in my life during these seven months.
He has shown me great Grace, and He is patient. I have learned a lot about myself and look forward to God's plan for my life.
I have seen myself as a loser, but God has bigger plans,
and all the lies I believed about myself, Jesus has put to death on the Cross.

Imagine that we have a Father who loves us so much.

I look forward to living the rest of my life, for the Almighty Lord Jesus Christ.

I'm so thankful for my new family.

THANK YOU JESUS!​

Last edited:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
That was quite a testimony. Thank you for sharing.

Seekingfamily

Jun 20, 2017
Thank you so so much for sharing, praise the Lord...much love

J0Hnnatcc3

May 26, 2017
It's encouraging to hear that not only has God changed your outlook on life, but has also given you great hope for the future!

Btw, I am a 25 year-old John as well :)

Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:30
And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

God bless.

Feb 28, 2016
TY for sharing, NC,

a wonderfully written testimony - perhaps you will be able to share it in
new and powerful ways with others where ever you go...
GBY

S

Spiritus_Sanctus

One of the true Blessings of the Holy Spirit is, not only recognising divine wisdom but moreover spreading that truth as a witness unto eager ears. Some are figuratively deaf, others blind, even both... and yet the true Word of God falls not on the traditional five senses, but upon our heart.