Thanksfornothing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
There is a woman who just lost her job. She just moved and then the job dropped her like her investment meant nothing. She was and is sore about it. Yet, it allowed for stones to build, rather than throw.

Thankfully, she was in attendance as a visitor to church this Sunday and so I was able to learn about some of the heartache she feels. Moreover, I witnessed hospitality I've not enjoyed in quite some time-- from a stranger.

Needing to follow-up on something important, I decided to knock on her door. (You see, she dropped her phone in some water, creating a bigger headache for the already-fast-deteriorating holiday season. The lights were out at the church, but this lady was frantic about how to keep her lights on.

Ironically, I was in the dark before I even thought of driving to the church. I was wondering what I might do, how might get through this or that, and asking God to lead. The song playing had said, "thy will be done." Well, He seems to done well.

What was intended to be a short check-in became time of fellowship, prayer, and another reason to praise God.
You see, while I was out to eat, I met someone who was very kind and open to hiring this woman.
She still needs to go and get a replacement phone, but the night saw hope.
Pray that she can get a job and not grow weary in this season.

God spoke into the darkness.
He drove me into the light.
And now a connection is strengthened.
She still needs.
I still seek.
God still speaks.

Prayer:
Lord, I thank you for this verse, even as this is written.
Build up and continue to humble. We need you more than light.
Get the glory, in Jesus name, amen.

Colossians 2:18-20

[SUP]18 [/SUP]Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. [SUP]19 [/SUP]They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

[SUP]20 [/SUP]Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:

(Keep reading scripture for Greater context.)

Feb 28, 2016
when we are teachable and learn how to listen and follow Jesus' lead,
there will just never be an end to how many chances He gives us daily
in order to be open to His will, and how to be some kind of help to others...
the simplest of any kind of kindness, can and often does change a hardened
or hurting persons heart:)...
GBY...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
a great testimony , thank you for posting, prayers sent.

student

Jul 20, 2010
GBY...
I needed encouragement today...this encouragement. Thank you! -student

HomerLes

Nov 25, 2017
GBY...
Lovely. Very lovely. I am so glad to hear the sweet voice of Jesus here. Teachability, humility and committed obedience to His will is truly WD40 for the rusted locks of hardened hearts. Amen and Amen to this reply.