That Hebrews 10v26 Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 5, 2020
^
Sounds double minded to me.....

God loves us because He is love and merciful.

Not because "we can work things out".....

I know God is my Father and our relationship is constant. All day every day. When I stumble when I'm looking for direction when I am thankful when I want to be useful or learn.

NOTHING can separate me, His child, from His love.

"I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

I can not unknow my Father, and I am kept by His power.

You can keep asking silly questions or playing word games... but if you see yourself as being genuine I hope God shows you exactly what He wants you to see.

God will not lose one of His, no matter how much you want to believe it.
"God will not lose one of His, no matter how much you want to believe it." Amen

If anyone does not want to follow Jesus, they are not one of His.

2 Peter 1:10-11
Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,
and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

John 10:27-28
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

We do not know who are His and who are not, but we can be reassured if our hearts listen to Jesus
and desire to follow His commands. It is a literal heart and soul thing, like loving the Lord your God
with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your strength.

God really likes that from His people, it is the stamp of existence.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Jesus tells the churches in Revelation to repent. Believe me, its still a requirement. It didn't happen once for all time at conversion. And yes, scroll back on this thread. She has admitted that you can live in sin (adulterous relationships) because you can never lose your salvation. Saved means saved.
You made a claim she believed we can be saved without repentance. Did she?

I didn't see that post.

No I won't just "believe you", so far I've only seen out of context nonsense, strawmen not a drop of genuine discussion from you..... (mind you I've only read a fraction of your posts)....

And I've seen truth from her and scripture in context without silly word games.

Saved does mean saved.
(even if you do not like it)

Being a man I would surely question someone who would do such an evil thing. Add on top of that to act as if they can live that way or that it is acceptable.... oh goodness...

That being said, this person is no worse than you without the blood of Jesus, and no better than you if you both are covered.

Peter outright denied Jesus a number of times. If he died in the middle of his first denial of Jesus... do you believe his actions would be what justified him before God?

No..... the answer is in his heart he believed the truth but his actions before men would seemingly disqualify him as a follower of Jesus.

Before God we are justified by Christ alone.

That's it.

Before men our works will show wether or not we are blameless before men....

They will determine how useful we are.... sometimes trials we face.... what lessons we not only learn but what we can share not being a hypocrit but a shining example of His body...

You are not the judge, God is.
A man being faithful to his wife will not save him, or keep him saved.
Our actions do not add to or take from the freely given gift of God to us born again children.

Christ will lose nothing.

E

EleventhHour

You made a claim she believed we can be saved without repentance. Did she?

I didn't see that post.

No I won't just "believe you", so far I've only seen out of context nonsense, strawmen not a drop of genuine discussion from you..... (mind you I've only read a fraction of your posts)....

And I've seen truth from her and scripture in context without silly word games.

Saved does mean saved.
(even if you do not like it)

Being a man I would surely question someone who would do such an evil thing. Add on top of that to act as if they can live that way or that it is acceptable.... oh goodness...

That being said, this person is no worse than you without the blood of Jesus, and no better than you if you both are covered.

Peter outright denied Jesus a number of times. If he died in the middle of his first denial of Jesus... do you believe his actions would be what justified him before God?

No..... the answer is in his heart he believed the truth but his actions before men would seemingly disqualify him as a follower of Jesus.

Before God we are justified by Christ alone.

That's it.

Before men our works will show wether or not we are blameless before men....

They will determine how useful we are.... sometimes trials we face.... what lessons we not only learn but what we can share not being a hypocrit but a shining example of His body...

You are not the judge, God is.
A man being faithful to his wife will not save him, or keep him saved.
Our actions do not add to or take from the freely given gift of God to us born again children.

Christ will lose nothing.
@Chris1975 promotes the heresy that Jesus did not atone for all the person's sins, only the ones up until one becomes Christian (very vaguely defined by him) so in order to maintain salvation one has to be continually and continuously be pentinent for sins.

He uses repentance but he does not know the meaning of the word apparently.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
@Chris1975 promotes the heresy that Jesus did not atone for all the person's sins, only the ones up until one becomes Christian (very vaguely defined by him) so in order to maintain salvation one has to be continually and continuously be pentinent for sins.

He uses repentance but he does not know the meaning of the word apparently.
Once again misquoting. Jesus covers all sins repented of. That includes past and potential future (if you repent). EleventhHour does not believe in repentance after conversion.

Ms EleventhHour, do you need to repent after conversion Y/N?

E

EleventhHour

Once again misquoting. Jesus covers all sins repented of. That includes past and potential future (if you repent). EleventhHour does not believe in repentance after conversion.

Seriously @OneOfHis clearly explained this to you and still you persist in your false understanding.

Repent (Metanoia) does not mean to feel sorrow for one's sins that sir is a fact.. the word is found in other writings besides its use in scripture ... it means to have a change of mind away from one belief towards another.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Proverbs 28
13 He who covers his sins will not prosper,
But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.

@EleventhHour - does this apply to you today? Or do you just claim the mercy part without fulfilling the first two
@OneOfHis
@Angela53510

E

EleventhHour

Proverbs 28

@EleventhHour - does this apply to you today? Or do you just claim the mercy part without fulfilling the first two
@OneOfHis
@Angela53510
Does the word "metanoia" appear in that Proverb... probably not... so now you realize your error!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
For the record, I do, but I don't see that as a work. It is a privilege and opportunity made possible by the precious blood of Jesus that will never need be shed again. Same cannot be said for repentance.

E

EleventhHour

You know I changed my mind about many things after conversion can you be more specific?

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Seriously @OneOfHis clearly explained this to you and still you persist in your false understanding.

Repent (Metanoia) does not mean to feel sorrow for one's sins that sir is a fact.. the word is found in other writings besides its use in scripture ... it means to have a change of mind away from one belief towards another.
Lovely, you give me so much to work with:

2 Corinthians 7
9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

I told you that your doctrine is wrong. And so too those who associate with you. For they have endorsed you. So they too are in error. @OneOfHis @Angela53510

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Proverbs 28

@OneOfHis
@Angela53510

Out of conext singular verse with a silly question....

Exodus 32:33

“And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.”

Does this apply to you today? Or do you claim mercy depending on your actions....:rolleyes:

For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017

2 Corinthians 7
9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

I told you that your doctrine is wrong. And so too those who associate with you. For they have endorsed you. So they too are in error. @OneOfHis @Angela53510
Note that he is ALREADY speaking to those in the church.

E

EleventhHour

2 Corinthians 7

Yup...... leading to salvation a one time event..... not an ongoing process gained by acts of contrition.

Again, you make the work of the Cross and Resurrection of Christ Jesus of no effect.

Sad and unbiblical.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019

2 Corinthians 7

v

In Matthew 12:41, when God saw their works, that they turned from their wicked way, then God "relented concerning the calamity which He had declared He would bring upon them." In Jonah 3:4, we see that Jonah told the people of Ninevah that the city of Ninevah would be overthrown in 40 days if they do not repent of their wickedness (Jonah 1:2). The people of Ninevah repented "changed their minds" at the preaching of Jonah, believed God, and "turned from their evil ways." which is the "fruit of repentance" (Jonah 3:5,10; Matthew 3:8). Keeping with Strong's designation, the Greek word for "repent" is "metanoia" (noun) and "matanoeo" (verb) you see as defined in the Strongs #3340, 3341: to think differently or afterwards, reconsider. After thought, change of mind. To repent basically means a change of mind and the context must determine what is involved in this change of mind.

Where obtaining salvation is in view, repentance actually precedes saving faith in Christ and is not a totally separate act from faith. It is actually the same coin with two sides. Repentance is on one side, what you change your mind about and faith in Christ is on the positive side, the new direction of this change of mind. *Repentance and faith are two sides of the same experience of receiving Christ. Acts 20:21 - testifying both to Jews and to Greeks of repentance toward God and of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

In the context of Luke 13:3, Jesus challenged the people's notion that they were morally superior to those who suffered in such catastrophes. He called all to repent or perish. For some people though, prior to coming to the end result of repentance in obtaining salvation (faith in Christ), they must change their minds about other specific things in order to get there. Repentance, metanoia, focuses on changing one's mind about his previous concept of God (as in Acts 17:30) and disbelief in God or false beliefs (polytheism and idolatry) about God (see 1 Thessalonians 1:9). On the other hand, this change of mind, focuses on the new direction that change about God must ultimately take, namely, trusting in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.

The Bible also tells us that true repentance will result in a change of actions. Acts 26:20 declares, "I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds." This is the fruit of repentance (Matthew 3:8), not the essence of repentance (change of mind). Certain people confuse the "fruit of repentance" with the "essence of repentance" (and also do the same thing with faith) and end up teaching salvation by works.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Out of conext singular verse with a silly question....

Exodus 32:33

“And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.”

Does this apply to you today? Or do you claim mercy depending on your actions....:rolleyes:
Yes it does !!!!
Because this is God the Father speaking.
If the sins are still upon you then you are blotted out. The old covenant has procedures to atone for this sin through the shedding of blood. The new is Christ's atonement.
That makes Hebrews 10v26 (read it again from the start) all the more important that we don not take this sacrifice of Christ for granted. Because if you are not covered by the blood (because of having trampled Christ), then these sins are UPON YOU. Just like the Father said to Moses.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Yup...... leading to salvation a one time event..... not an ongoing process gained by acts of contrition.

Again, you make the work of the Cross and Resurrection of Christ Jesus of no effect.

Sad and unbiblical.
LOL. These were already in the Church and saved. He is calling his church to repentance after conversion has happened. Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017

Sad and unbiblical.
The leading to salvation can only be future in this sentence. This letter is not addressed to the heathen.

E

EleventhHour

The leading to salvation can only be future in this sentence. This letter is not addressed to the heathen.
Are you serious ... okay lunch hour is done..... I have some dancing to do... I will be back.