The car is a place where I do a lot of praying (and singing and venting, haha). Sometimes I just talk to God or ask Him questions about life and Himself.
As I drove home from work tonight, and got closer to the bridge that connects an island to my little town, I thought about God's love and mercy.
I was thinking about how I love thinking about God's love, I love feeling His presence, I love talking about His love for others ... but there's still a part of my heart that feels unlovable.
It feels like there are stones there, or painful cracks, where my heart tells itself, "No, that's too dark. That's too painful. That's too much for Him to love and heal. That's what you must hide to be accepted."
So how do I let His love go into those deep, dark places? If I could have figured out how to make it happen, I would have done it!
This verse comes to mind: "He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions.”
(Psalms 107:20 NKJV)
So maybe it's meditating on His Word? More prayer? Fasting?
I was also reminded of the Cross, and how I don't spend enough time meditating on Jesus' sacrifice.
That's where the healing comes from for my heart and sins.
Thank God for that! Isn't it wonderful to have a Savior who loves us when we don't know how to be loved, who bought us with His own life.
As I began to drive over the drawbridge, it opened up for boats. As I waited, I got out of the car and let the breeze blow my hair around. I laughed as I watched pelicans fly over the water and dive in to catch fish. (I think they're super cute).
And it makes me think about how tender God is to watch our steps like children, to delight our hearts with nature, to quiet us with His love.
So, I guess the next step is just to trust Him to untangle those painful knots inside, in His time and in His way.
---
“The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.””
Zephaniah 3:17 NKJV
As I drove home from work tonight, and got closer to the bridge that connects an island to my little town, I thought about God's love and mercy.
I was thinking about how I love thinking about God's love, I love feeling His presence, I love talking about His love for others ... but there's still a part of my heart that feels unlovable.
It feels like there are stones there, or painful cracks, where my heart tells itself, "No, that's too dark. That's too painful. That's too much for Him to love and heal. That's what you must hide to be accepted."
So how do I let His love go into those deep, dark places? If I could have figured out how to make it happen, I would have done it!
This verse comes to mind: "He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions.”
(Psalms 107:20 NKJV)
So maybe it's meditating on His Word? More prayer? Fasting?
I was also reminded of the Cross, and how I don't spend enough time meditating on Jesus' sacrifice.
That's where the healing comes from for my heart and sins.
Thank God for that! Isn't it wonderful to have a Savior who loves us when we don't know how to be loved, who bought us with His own life.
As I began to drive over the drawbridge, it opened up for boats. As I waited, I got out of the car and let the breeze blow my hair around. I laughed as I watched pelicans fly over the water and dive in to catch fish. (I think they're super cute).
And it makes me think about how tender God is to watch our steps like children, to delight our hearts with nature, to quiet us with His love.
So, I guess the next step is just to trust Him to untangle those painful knots inside, in His time and in His way.
---
“The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.””
Zephaniah 3:17 NKJV