The 10 Commandments

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I am putting all the Lord is in my tank, are you saying the Lord condemns himself? Perhaps you mean the law that you are so against. The law is the Torah, that is the first five books of the bible. Can you be against the Torah, so you would not put these words, these ways of the Lord in your tank?

The law defines sin, it is not sin itself. The Lord condemns sin, the Lord does not condemn His word. His word is love, you say you are against the law and you accept the love. You cannot know what love is if you refuse to hear from the word what it is.
I am not against the law. The law is against me

the only thing God can give you his mercy and love and grace, you need those things because of the law.

the fact you can not understand this basic fact is worrisome

E

eternally-gratefull

1Ti 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
Come on man, post the whole thing

6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk, 7 desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.
8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, 9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person,

just as I have been saying,

but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is [c]contrary to sound doctrine, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust.

i guess since you all want to put yourself under law this must be talking about you? Which one are you? I suggest next time you pull a verse out you should study the context, so it does not come back to bit ya!

that first part of the passage, where it says they desire to be teachers of the law understanding niether what they teach or affirm, that speaks of you lawyers who think the law can help you

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co

6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk, 7 desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.
8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, 9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person,

but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is [c]contrary to sound doctrine, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust.

i guess since you all want to put yourself under law this must be talking about you? Which one are you? I suggest next time you pull a verse out you should study the context, so it does not come back to bit ya!

that first part of the passage, where it says they desire to be teachers of the law understanding niether what they teach or affirm, that speaks of you lawyers who think the law can help you

lawyers. is this talking about the people in Jesus's day who believed in all kinds of added rules to keep people in line according to what they had decided (for the people) what the people should do? that is not God's laws. they were adding things. things not from God. not written on stone.

E

eternally-gratefull

lawyers. is this talking about the people in Jesus's day who believed in all kinds of added rules to keep people in line according to what they had decided (for the people) what the people should do? that is not God's laws. they were adding things. things not from God. not written on stone.
No, it speaks of those who take Gods law of of context, out of its intended purpose, and try to us it as a means to make themselves righteous

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com

But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, 9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust.

The New King James Version. (1982). (1 Ti 1:8–11). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

So are you sinless?

E

eternally-gratefull

But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, 9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust.

So are you sinless?
in gods eyes I am righteous. He who knew no sin was made sin that I may be made the righteousness of Christ in him

the schoolmaster led me to Christ, it did what it was designed to do in my life

I am worried it has yet to lead you to where you need to be,

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com

the only thing God can give you his mercy and love and grace, you need those things because of the law.

Eternally;

I know what you mean when you say the law is against us by maybe meaning it brings death. The Law it self is Holy for
12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

The New King James Version. (1982). (Ro 7:11–12). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

The Laws of God are not against us by they are for us. made for us to compare are self to 1 john says like a mirror. To give us eyes to see sin for what it is.
Bible teaches it brings us to Christ! When we find Christ we hate sin not the Law. Because the Law brings us to him. Therefore it is Holy just and Good! :) God bless. When I learned that the Law is just a Mirror and not there to condemn me I was made free to follow freely with Grace knowing that all things work together for good for those who Love God.

16 Now if I do [habitually] what is contrary to my desire, [that means that] I acknowledge and agree that the Law is good (morally excellent) and that I take sides with it.

The Amplified Bible. (1987). (Ro 7:16). La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co

So are you sinless?

5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
7 desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.
8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,

if we use it correctly, it is good.

"life is not found in outward adherence to sacrificial, dietary, or social ordinances and statutes. Thus Yahweh demands of Israel, "Who asked you for this multitude of sacrifices, new moon, and Sabbath ceremonies" ( Isa 1:11-15 ). The answer, of course, is Yahweh himself. But God cannot tolerate iniquity and religious ritual. God is not fooled when the wicked recite the statutes of the covenant ( Psalm 50:16 ).""

God does not want ritual, but a sincere following of the laws.

"Yet the ordinances and statutes are still words of life. Isaiah and James give the same solution to the faithless observance of outward forms: cease to do evil, learn to do good, seek justice, correct oppression, defend the fatherless, plead for the widow ( Isa 1:16-17 ; James 1:27 ). The ordinances and statutes reveal God's will and his understanding of what it means to do good, seek justice, and correct oppression."

link

8 But we know that the law is good

E

eternally-gratefull

Eternally;

I know what you mean when you say the law is against us by maybe meaning it brings death. The Law it self is Holy for
12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

The New King James Version. (1982). (Ro 7:11–12). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

The Laws of God are not against us by they are for us. made for us to compare are self to 1 john says like a mirror. To give us eyes to see sin for what it is.
Bible teaches it brings us to Christ! When we find Christ we hate sin not the Law. Because the Law brings us to him. Therefore it is Holy just and Good! :) God bless. When I learned that the Law is just a Mirror and not there to condemn me I was made free to follow freely with Grace knowing that all things work together for good for those who Love God.

16 Now if I do [habitually] what is contrary to my desire, [that means that] I acknowledge and agree that the Law is good (morally excellent) and that I take sides with it.

The Amplified Bible. (1987). (Ro 7:16). La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.
Laymen

you do not get it at all

the purpose of the law was to bring me to Christ, as a schoolmaster,

it did that job,

it fulfilled its purpose in my life

now I move on to better things, like growing in love, in faith, learning to love as god loved me.

the law can not help me, it can only keep me tied down, condemned

if you look to the law and think you obey it, something is seriously wrong

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
in gods eyes I am righteous. He who knew no sin was made sin that I may be made the righteousness of Christ in him

the schoolmaster led me to Christ, it did what it was designed to do in my life

I am worried it has yet to lead you to where you need to be,
Thats Great Amem! You are righteous in Gods eyes! "Imputed righteousness"

But I asked if you were sinless ?

E

eternally-gratefull

5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
7 desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.
8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,

if we use it correctly, it is good.

"life is not found in outward adherence to sacrificial, dietary, or social ordinances and statutes. Thus Yahweh demands of Israel, "Who asked you for this multitude of sacrifices, new moon, and Sabbath ceremonies" ( Isa 1:11-15 ). The answer, of course, is Yahweh himself. But God cannot tolerate iniquity and religious ritual. God is not fooled when the wicked recite the statutes of the covenant ( Psalm 50:16 ).""

God does not want ritual, but a sincere following of the laws.

"Yet the ordinances and statutes are still words of life. Isaiah and James give the same solution to the faithless observance of outward forms: cease to do evil, learn to do good, seek justice, correct oppression, defend the fatherless, plead for the widow ( Isa 1:16-17 ; James 1:27 ). The ordinances and statutes reveal God's will and his understanding of what it means to do good, seek justice, and correct oppression."

link

8 But we know that the law is good
It’s not just good, it’s perfect,

and for those who have been trained by it, they have become partakes and the law has fulfilled its purpose in their life.

E

eternally-gratefull

Thats Great Amem! You are righteous in Gods eyes! "Imputed righteousness"

But I asked if you were sinless ?
No one is sinless

yet in scripture the sinners are the unbelievers, those who have been saved by faith are no longer considered sinners,

the law is not for them, they are considered the righteous,

that’s why it said

1. the law is not for the righteous (the saved)

2. or as paul said, those led by the schoolmaster are no longer bound by the schoolmaster, its has fulfilled its purpose.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
"sincere Faith"

My faith comes from the Bible.

Its tells me only the God head made this world. And it tells me how he did it.

So What better way to say keep the "Sabbath" per say. by Remembering that yes the bible Tells me he made all things in 7 days I believe that he is indeed the Creator God not just a "moral God" With the, do this and do that type stuff. When in reality he is Calling all men not to ritual but to "rest". "Rest". God wants us to rest in Jesus yes! but also our minds and bodies need rest from the word. The 7th day gives me that rest from the world of work (job). But also frees my time to do Good for others. If God "made it holy for mankind" then I have "sincere Faith" that he made it so we could remember. How unselfish of God! How delightful!

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.

The New King James Version. (1982). (Ps 1:2). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
No one is sinless

yet in scripture the sinners are the unbelievers, those who have been saved by faith are no longer considered sinners,

the law is not for them, they are considered the righteous,

that’s why it said

1. the law is not for the righteous (the saved)

2. or as paul said, those led by the schoolmaster are no longer bound by the schoolmaster, its has fulfilled its purpose.
So your not a sinner?

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Does anyone believe we can and must keep the 10 Commandments?

Jesus said to love God with all our heart, mind and soul and our neighbor as ourselves........in that we fulfill the law.

Since everyone fails the neighbor test from time to time, it is best to remember that because we are failures is why we have the sacrifice of Jesus Christ to save us from the penalty of sin.

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co
It’s not just good, it’s perfect,

and for those who have been trained by it, they have become partakes and the law has fulfilled its purpose in their life.

if you have been completely trained by it for many years and have become perfect then that is indeed it's purpose and will have been fulfulled by you; as Christ showed by example that we too are to walk in perfect fulfillment of all the laws, then you too can teach others how also to walk and or learn to walk in all the laws as He/you did and lead the prisoners (all who have not yet become perfected) out of all darknesses and errors and fears and sins.

Jan 25, 2015
If you say this it means that you are not opposing the Law... but I can't see one post since I became part of this thread where you were for the Law.

You are basically saying that David is in direct opposition to you because he loved the Law and meditated on the Law day and night. He never said the Law is against him... this is actually so sad :(

Jan 25, 2015
I am so glad that I am not the only one struggling sometimes :ROFL:

Talking about righteousness I want to share some information with my CC friends and you can use it or don't use it... up to you :)

The fence of the Tabernacle in the desert was made from white cloth. White is the color of righteousness. Because of the height of the fence it was close to impossible to see into the courtyard of the Tabernacle from the outside. So if you tried to enter the Tabernacle from the outside in your own righteousness you couldn't access it. The only entrance to courtyard was called "The Way" and was at the Eastern side of the courtyard. Jesus said I am the way :). So without Jesus we cannot enter the Tabernacle.

"The Way" has interesting symbolism because there were three entrances (shadow of the triune God) and had four pillars (the four gospels about the life of Jesus). The colors of the way was red (the blood of Jesus), blue (can't remember the blue now :cry:) and purple (the Kingship of Jesus).

The fence consist of 66 pillars and we have 66 books in the Bible.

Anybody could enter the courtyard. When you entered the courtyard you had to stop at the brazen altar. When we enter covenant with Jesus we have to stop at the place of sacrifice (the cross). Then after you were there you could go to the brazen laver. The laver is where you had to clean yourself before going into the Holy place. Our next step in salvation is to be baptized (clean ourselves) before going into the Holy place.

To enter the Holy place you had to be a Levite priest, but because Jesus tore the veil we could now all enter. Jesus said we are a royal priesthood so that is why you and me can enter my friends :)

There is so much more detail but this post is now getting a bit long :p

Love you all and God bless :)

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

The law is given to us by the Lord, the Lord would never give you anything to harm you. The law defines sin, and sin is against you, but the definition of sin is certainly not against you. It tells you what to look for that is against you. It is your protection.

In the law, the Torah, are the ways of the Lord, and the ways of the Lord are for love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. If you feel God's law is out to harm you, then you must also think these things harm you.

Jan 25, 2015
The law is given to us by the Lord, the Lord would never give you anything to harm you. The law defines sin, and sin is against you, but the definition of sin is certainly not against you. It tells you what to look for that is against you. It is your protection.

In the law, the Torah, are the ways of the Lord, and the ways of the Lord are for love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. If you feel God's law is out to harm you, then you must also think these things harm you.
The wages of sin is death, and as far as I know we will all die a physical death until our King return... no amount of love will concur that. Love is the fruit of the Spirit but the Law is a shadow of that love :)

God bless you Blik and keep on proclaiming the truth.