The 10 Commandments

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
The strong probability is, that the name was given to this day in honor of the Lord Jesus, and because he rose on that day from the dead.
That sure was long with many many quotes from people ive never heard of. Anyways, do you think Christ rose on sunday?

1 CORINTHIANS 15 [1] Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; [2] By which also YE ARE SAVED, IF YE KEEP IN MEMORY what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. [3] For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how THAT CHRIST DIED for our sins according to the scriptures; [4] And that HE WAS BURIED, and that HE ROSE AGAIN THE THIRD DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES:

MATT.12 [39] But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:[40] For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; SO SHALL THE SON OF MAN BE THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS IN THE HEART OF THE EARTH.

The above scripture says as Jonas was 3 days and 3 nights in the whales belly, and so shall Jesus be 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth. Does good Friday afternoon till (easter) Sunday morning equal 3 days and 3 nights?

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
That sure was long with many many quotes from people ive never heard of. Anyways, do you think Christ rose on sunday?

1 CORINTHIANS 15 [1] Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; [2] By which also YE ARE SAVED, IF YE KEEP IN MEMORY what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. [3] For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how THAT CHRIST DIED for our sins according to the scriptures; [4] And that HE WAS BURIED, and that HE ROSE AGAIN THE THIRD DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES:

MATT.12 [39] But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:[40] For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; SO SHALL THE SON OF MAN BE THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS IN THE HEART OF THE EARTH.

The above scripture says as Jonas was 3 days and 3 nights in the whales belly, and so shall Jesus be 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth. Does good Friday afternoon till (easter) Sunday morning equal 3 days and 3 nights?
You asked: Does good Friday afternoon till (easter) Sunday morning equal 3 days and 3 nights?

No it does not!!!!! This heresy was brought forth in the time of the Catholic church. This is called the heresy of the 36 hour gospel in theological discussions. It would take far to long to go into this on this forum. But "good Friday" is a lie! It has become traditional thinking but it does not gee-hah with the facts of the Old and New Testaments. Christ was NOT put to death on Friday. He was actually put to death on Wednesday. (As properly reckoned to harmonize with all of Scripture.).

As you may know, the Jews reckoned a day as starting around 6:00PM and ending the evening of the next day. This was because Genesis, as recorded by Moses, said that God reckoned the day in this manner. Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

Therefore, since Christ was placed in the sepulcher on Wednesday evening, 3 nights and 3 days, meant that He rose on Saturday evening or what the Jews would have considered the beginning of Sunday, just as the sun was setting and at the end of the Jewish Regular Sabbath. "As the light was shinning into the new day." (Sunday evening - as reckoned by the Jews). This not only puts the traditional view of "Good Friday" into the heretical camp but also the idea that Christ rose on Sunday morning, as most of the world reckons it today, that is 6:00AM.

There are many good works out there about the 36 hour gospel lie and they will walk a person through the Old Testament Feasts and High days, which prove the modern tradition of Good Friday and Easter Sunday are right out of the pit of hell.

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
I will add this info onto my post

THE GOOD FRIDAY LIE
The spirit that invented the Christ-mass is the same one that created the counterfeit the world celebrates called Easter—which was devised to blind people regarding the true meanings of Passover. And, in that deception, there are myriad misunderstandings regarding when Christ was crucified (it wasn't on a Friday), and the true reasons He rose again on the first day of the week following Passover.

While Passover is a vitally important feast day, all of which are Yah's Sabbaths, it was not a high Sabbath during which work was prohibited. It is actually called the preparation day for the next day's feast, which is Unleavened Bread. Of course, Unleavened Bread is a high Sabbath, and thus, work was not permitted. It is important to understand this, because much of the church misinterprets scripture that refers to this preparation day.

In Luke 23:54, we read of the day Christ was crucified, “And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.” Many erroneously claim that this is speaking of Friday, the day before the weekly Sabbath, but that is not true. It is speaking of the annual Sabbath Feast of Unleavened Bread. The historical record provides the insight that this year was most likely AD 31, and in that year, the preparation day, or Passover, fell on a Wednesday, which would make the Feast of Unleavened Bread fall on Thursday.

Note that in Luke 23:55-56 we are told:

And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid. And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

We know from scripture that Christ died at the ninth hour, or around 3 PM. Unleavened Bread would begin at sundown. So, from 3 PM until sundown on Passover, having to prepare and bury the body, and also walk home, there would have been no time left to do the work of buying and preparing spices and perfumes, since the women had followed the body to the tomb, and had watched it being lain there, according to Matthew 27:59-61, which states, “And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed. And there was Mary Magdalene, and the other Mary, sitting over against the sepulchre.”

In Matthew 27:62-66, we're told, “Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate, Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again. Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first. Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can. So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.

Mark 16:1-2 provides even more clarification: “And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

We already know the women were at the tomb when Christ was lain there, and that when sundown came, it was the Feast of Unleavened Bread—a high Sabbath. We know the women rested on Thursday (no work could be done other than food preparation according to Exodus 12:16 on that day). Then, on Friday, they bought and prepared the spices and perfumes. Even though the body had been wrapped with spices that had been provided by Nicodemus (John 19:39), the women fully intended that someone would roll away the stone, and they would apply more perfumes and spices to the body. But, Saturday was the weekly Sabbath, and they rested that day, so that is why they waited until Sunday morning to visit the tomb with perfumes and spices (although, He had risen hours before, during the night).

The women had no way of knowing the tomb had been sealed, since they would not have traveled to it until Sunday. In fact, when the women were walking to the tomb early Sunday morning, they apparently did not know at that point that the tomb had been sealed, for in Mark 16:2-3, we're told, “And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?” They would not have asked that question if they were aware that the stone had been sealed, and was being guarded.

Jews of that day believed that a person was not legally dead until after three days, which is why Christ waited until the fourth day to resurrect Lazarus (John 11:39). And, it was a common practice to go back to the body after it had been buried, and place additional perfumes and spices on it to defuse the smell of decay that would waft from it out to those who were mourning outside the tomb. Of course, even though Sunday was a Sabbath (Feast of Firstfruits), it was not a non-working Sabbath, as it was the first day of the barley harvest.

Seeing now the true spiritual meanings inherent within these feast days, why would any believer who knows these truths embrace pagan counterfeits over Yah's ordained traditions?

Excerpted from "From Christian to Believer."

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
The Ten Commandments are now within the Law of Christ. And instead of being written on tablets of stone, they are written in the hearts and minds of those who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. But no one is saved by trying to obey the Law. God now required obedience to the Gospel under the New Covenant.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (Heb 8:10)
He, the Word, wrote the Ten Commandments. He says He does not change and does not lie. All Ten are still as relevant as when He first gave them. They are neither faulty nor irrelevant.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
He, the Word, wrote the Ten Commandments. He says He does not change and does not lie. All Ten are still as relevant as when He first gave them. They are neither faulty nor irrelevant.

they were given to the nation of Israel only.

no Sabbath keeping required for modern Chriatians.

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
they were given to the nation of Israel only.

no Sabbath keeping required for modern Chriatians.
That is your opinion, as it is many others' opinion. I did not mention Sabbath only but the whole Law, which includes the Sabbath. I do not follow Constantine. :)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
That is your opinion, as it is many others' opinion. I did not mention Sabbath only but the whole Law, which includes the Sabbath. I do not follow Constantine. :)

i do not either. as my pastor says, " constantine was a lot more roman and a lot more emperor than he was holy.

but, the Law was given to Israel by Moses through a Covenant. if you or your ancestors were not at Sinai to enter into the Covenant, which contained the Law and the Sabbath, then it is NOT binding for you.

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
i do not either. as my pastor says, " constantine was a lot more roman and a lot more emperor than he was holy.

but, the Law was given to Israel by Moses through a Covenant. if you or your ancestors were not at Sinai to enter into the Covenant, which contained the Law and the Sabbath, then it is NOT binding for you.
:) Again, that is your opinion, not my biblical understanding. ;) And I did not come here to argue. We were asked for our opinions, and I wrote mine.

Yes, Constantine really made some serious errors, based upon his pride, which we live with to this day. He caused some serious confusion that people cannot seem to get past.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The law and the prophets were until John:

since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

consider the gospel of the kingdom

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:27-28‬ ‭

one is for the carnal one is for the spirit
One was written on tablets of stone , one is written on the heart ( it’s the one spoken to the heart ) one is for an adulterer the other for a repentant born again Christian

We’re meant to follow the light that came in Christ

Jul 11, 2020
The law and the prophets were until John:

since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

consider the gospel of the kingdom

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:27-28‬ ‭

one is for the carnal one is for the spirit
One was written on tablets of stone , one is written on the heart ( it’s the one spoken to the heart ) one is for an adulterer the other for a repentant born again Christian

We’re meant to follow the light that came in Christ
The 10 commandments are a reflection of God's character. If we get rid of the commandments we get rid of Jesus. The definition of sin is the transgression of the law of God. 1 John 3; 4- Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Jesus had to come and die to save us from our sins. Matthew 1:21- And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. The 10 commandments embark on every law and command. That is why Jesus said if you look at a woman in a lustful way you are breaking the command thou shalt not commit adultery. You have already sinned in your heart. The same is thou shalt not murder. When you don't take care of your body and get sick and die due to not obeying the laws of health, you are breaking the command thou shalt not kill. Now, the law does not save us, for only Jesus can save us. But the law shows us what we are doing wrong so that we can correct it. It's like a mirror that shows us that our face is dirty. The mirror cannot clean our face but it shows us so that we can clean our face. It shows us what we are doing wrong. We do not kill because we know it is wrong to kill. And we know because the law tells us we should not kill. And so on. Jesus came to die because Adam sinned and He took his place. Adam broke the law, but if the law could've been broken or changed Jesus didn't have to die. The law is eternal and Jesus came to prove that we can obey the law, but not on our own strength. Jesus gives us the power to obey and resist temptation. Keeping the commandments is the way we show God we love Him. He says: "If you love me, keep my commandments". John 14; 15. He is not going to tell you to do something you cannot do. I believe we can obey all of the 10 commandments with God's help. For: "We can do all things through Christ which strengthens us"! And that is the secret, with God's help, not on our own. "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15; 57. " I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. " Galatians 2; 20

Apr 15, 2017
Does anyone believe we can and must keep the 10 Commandments?
The two greatest laws are love God, and love people, and all the law and prophets hang on those two laws.

Love works no ill towards their neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Paul said the law is spiritual, holy, just, and good which is the laws of love, moral laws.

The ten commandments are laws of love towards God and people so they must be obeyed.

The physical sabbath is now a spiritual sabbath by the Spirit.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The 10 commandments are a reflection of God's character. If we get rid of the commandments we get rid of Jesus. The definition of sin is the transgression of the law of God. 1 John 3; 4- Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Jesus had to come and die to save us from our sins. Matthew 1:21- And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. The 10 commandments embark on every law and command. That is why Jesus said if you look at a woman in a lustful way you are breaking the command thou shalt not commit adultery. You have already sinned in your heart. The same is thou shalt not murder. When you don't take care of your body and get sick and die due to not obeying the laws of health, you are breaking the command thou shalt not kill. Now, the law does not save us, for only Jesus can save us. But the law shows us what we are doing wrong so that we can correct it. It's like a mirror that shows us that our face is dirty. The mirror cannot clean our face but it shows us so that we can clean our face. It shows us what we are doing wrong. We do not kill because we know it is wrong to kill. And we know because the law tells us we should not kill. And so on. Jesus came to die because Adam sinned and He took his place. Adam broke the law, but if the law could've been broken or changed Jesus didn't have to die. The law is eternal and Jesus came to prove that we can obey the law, but not on our own strength. Jesus gives us the power to obey and resist temptation. Keeping the commandments is the way we show God we love Him. He says: "If you love me, keep my commandments". John 14; 15. He is not going to tell you to do something you cannot do. I believe we can obey all of the 10 commandments with God's help. For: "We can do all things through Christ which strengthens us"! And that is the secret, with God's help, not on our own. "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15; 57. " I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. " Galatians 2; 20
I think you sort of took a simple point of a post and went sort of somewhere else .

if the Ten Commandments could save anyone , God would never have needed to send Jesus Christ to teach us the truth and die for our sins is the thing , if Moses law could accomplish righteousness then Christ died for no reason

what I’m saying is this

“Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane,

for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭1:9-11‬ ‭

sinners can never be saved by the law that says they must die

Christ began to teach us salvation. You seem to hear me saying “ lose the commandments they don’t apply anymore “

what I’m a actually saying is that an adulterer commits adultery because they harbor it in thier mind and heart first . Jesus taught us how to overcome temptations so we aren’t destroyed by the sin that comes from inside of our mind and heart

“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7:21-23‬ ‭

What Jesus teaches is about being freed from sins control over our lives . We don’t commit adultery if we reject the thoughts and recognize them as sin and repent of the ideas and lusts.

telling a thief who is greedy and drug addicted “ don’t steal “ a hundred times can never change the thing that makes them steal the selfishness that has them believing “ my need is more important than loving them and. It stealing from them”

the gospel of the kingdom is about being freed from sins power over us , it’s inside of our minds and hearts where satans stronghold exists we kill because we hate , we covet , for greed , lust , pride and anger , unforgiveness ect

the gospel Christ taught was about self control inwardly , a pure heart and mind will always produce good and right actions our salvation. Becomes what we believe as from Adam forward

if we begin to believe “ the things he taught were the right things to believe , our understanding of God and his will for us begins to produce fruits of the spirit we allow tonsil our belief compartments in our mind and heart

the gospel Jesus preached , things like that example about lust of we accept
And believe accomplish freedom inwardly and fruit outwardly

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
do you notice how your first sentence there says the Ten Commandments reflect God ?

What if Christ is God fully revealed to the world for all to know and believe ?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth.

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

For the law was given by Moses,

but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

No man hath seen God at any time;

the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1-5, 10, 14, 16-

we can’t know him through ten “ you better not do these things “ it’s how the priests and oharisees knew him but look at how the person he saved would have known him and how Jesus presents himself here when confronted with Moses law , notice how Jesus saved the sinner by turning the light on the accusers also it’s a microcosm of the gospel v law based upon the commandment do not commit adultery and Moses subsequent law saying adulterers must be put to death at the hands of the people Leviticus 20:10 for one reference

the commandment is broke. Thou shalt not commit adultery and then

“And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned:

but what sayest thou?

...So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last:

and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her,

Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord.

And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:3-5, 7, 9-13‬ ‭

Jan 14, 2021
The Old Testament and the Old Covenant are not required to be observed by Christians (but it is not forbidden to do so). "There is neither Jew nor nonjew, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." - Gal 3:28

Do the "ten commandments" matter? Biblically: no, not as they appear in the Old Testament. But they do mostly reappear in the New Testament with subtle contextual differences (such as who counts as your neighbour and who you shall not bear false witness against).

This isn't a simple subject and might be better explored from a "faith vs works" conversation.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
do you notice how your first sentence there says the Ten Commandments reflect God ?

What if Christ is God fully revealed to the world for all to know and believe ?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth.

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

For the law was given by Moses,

but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

No man hath seen God at any time;

the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1-5, 10, 14, 16-

we can’t know him through ten “ you better not do these things “ it’s how the priests and oharisees knew him but look at how the person he saved would have known him and how Jesus presents himself here when confronted with Moses law , notice how Jesus saved the sinner by turning the light on the accusers also it’s a microcosm of the gospel v law based upon the commandment do not commit adultery and Moses subsequent law saying adulterers must be put to death at the hands of the people Leviticus 20:10 for one reference

the commandment is broke. Thou shalt not commit adultery and then

“And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned:

but what sayest thou?

...So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last:

and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her,

Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord.

And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:3-5, 7, 9-13‬ ‭
Most people only tell half the story when it comes to the ten commandments. When they say they are not relevant under the new covenant, I ask "so it is OK to murder." Answer "Of course not" So I reply, " So they are relevant."

You said "we can’t know him through ten “ you better not do these things “ Rarely do I see or hear anyone explain the difference between the law and a promise. The Children of Israel were God's chosen people. They were to show that their God was different to other god's. So they were under strict instructions to do or not do as the case may be. This was because they did not have the Holy Spirit dwelling in their hearts.

Under the New Covenant the 10 commandments are still applicable. The main difference because we have the Holy Spirit in us is simple. It is not a case of "you shall not" as an order. It is a case of "you shall not" as a promise. Because you are born again and have the Holy Spirit dwelling in you, you shall not go out and murder as the Holy Spirit will be watching over your souls and keeping you on the straight and narrow.

So don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Put the baby in a bath of new clean water.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Most people only tell half the story when it comes to the ten commandments. When they say they are not relevant under the new covenant, I ask "so it is OK to murder." Answer "Of course not" So I reply, " So they are relevant."

You said "we can’t know him through ten “ you better not do these things “ Rarely do I see or hear anyone explain the difference between the law and a promise. The Children of Israel were God's chosen people. They were to show that their God was different to other god's. So they were under strict instructions to do or not do as the case may be. This was because they did not have the Holy Spirit dwelling in their hearts.

Under the New Covenant the 10 commandments are still applicable. The main difference because we have the Holy Spirit in us is simple. It is not a case of "you shall not" as an order. It is a case of "you shall not" as a promise. Because you are born again and have the Holy Spirit dwelling in you, you shall not go out and murder as the Holy Spirit will be watching over your souls and keeping you on the straight and narrow.

So don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Put the baby in a bath of new clean water.
Galatians 3:24-25
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

This is pretty definitive. Christians aren't under the Law. If you have faith in Christ.

So the opposite of this is, if you DON'T have faith in Christ then you still follow the Law.

Under the New Covenant the 10 commandments are not applicable. The fruit of the Spirit are applicable. It is what is produced in Christians who have faith in Christ. The 10 commandments have NO POWER to stop you from breaking them. The fruit of the Spirit are the cause of what the 10 commandments intended. The 10 commandments being the description of the work of the Holy Spirit.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

I’m not bathing a baby so lol no worries about him getting tossed out

I think many suffer today from looking into the darkness of the law

“But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.

Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:7-8, 13-16‬ ‭

so they can’t really see Christ that’s the problem with the law now that we have Christ .

Many others still look for salvation in the law not knowing it’s a curse so they never understand the blessing

“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:10, 12-14‬ ‭

Ultimately the commandments serve a purpose it’s not about saving nor is there any justification in keeping the law

“Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:19-20‬ ‭

The law has a purpose it’s behind those who repent however it brought them to the spirit

to look at “the better not do these things “ isn’t going to save anyone it will only bring them to the realization that they also are guilty and need saving

Jul 11, 2020

Then, what do you say about Paul"'s saying in Ephesians 6:2-3

Honour your father and mother which is the first commandment with promise that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.

We can agree here that Paul was quoting the fourth commandment (of the 10 commandment} as it is written in Exodus 20:12 and was definitely not addressing the ancestors who were with Moses at Mt Sinai.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Then, what do you say about Paul"'s saying in Ephesians 6:2-3

Honour your father and mother which is the first commandment with promise that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.

We can agree here that Paul was quoting the fourth commandment (of the 10 commandment} as it is written in Exodus 20:12 and was definitely not addressing the ancestors who were with Moses at Mt Sinai.

all the other 9 commandments were repeated in the N. T. for the gentiles.

Sabbath was not.

Jul 11, 2020
all the other 9 commandments were repeated in the N. T. for the gentiles.

Sabbath was not.
which then shows that they are still relevant in our days. I believe that the 10 commandments are still relevant to us

What changed is the methodology of achieving them which the gospel thoroughly explained. Unfortunately, most of us are still sitting on Moses seat like the Pharisees and Sadducees.