The Age of the Universe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 10, 2019
Not evolution but adaptation

E

eternally-gratefull

That was a commandment from God to have the 7th day as a rest day. Humans run on 24 hour days according to Earth rotation. Remember the Hebrew word for day has multiple interpretations.
How are you thinking that refers to the explanation in Hebrews 4 or that we still haven't seen the evening of the 7th day? The concept is God rested one day and it is wise we should too. The thing is, God is still at rest from creation until it is time to create the new Heaven and Earth. During the time between is the period of time he has ordained for people to respond. The rest will soon be over and a New Heaven and Earth will be established.
He said just as God created in 6 days and rested the 7th you too shall work for 6 days and rest n the seventh]

considering the 6 days and 7th he spoke of is literal 24 hour day.

And he said these days are just like the days of creation and rest of creation.

then they must be the same

and if I am to rightly divide the word of truth, I must keep them he same,

Jun 10, 2019
So give me a plus or minus in years of what you and Dawkins think the age of physical existence is ... I'd bet it's not close to what God tells us .. You two would hit it off like besties ..
I’m not a evolutionist but a adaptationist, hehe besties never heard that before

Jun 10, 2019
He said just as God created in 6 days and rested the 7th you too shall work for 6 days and rest n the seventh]

considering the 6 days and 7th he spoke of is literal 24 hour day.

And he said these days are just like the days of creation and rest of creation.

then they must be the same

and if I am to rightly divide the word of truth, I must keep them he same,
Got any verses that say God said it is just like creation days?

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
What is limiting God's power, what has harmed the world as turning from the Lord harms the world, is blindly announcing that God thinks the world is 6,000 years old from the beginning, and it is not true of scripture at all. Scripture does not date the world as only being here when scripture started recording happenings, and when the week's work that God did in it started.

This idea that is false gave the devil reason to point his evil finger at the Lord. When you give power to this thought you are helping the devil.
Do you think Jesus knew His human genealogy come from Adam ? Who is or what do you think was Eve's grandmother ?

Jun 10, 2019
Do you think Jesus knew His human genealogy come from Adam ? Who is or what do you think was Eve's grandmother ?
Silly Eve was the second human to have a living spirit breath into the human body the spirit in the likeness of God.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I’m not a evolutionist but a adaptationist, hehe besties never heard that before
What's the difference except you claim a god .. There's plenty people who are religious but can't live without adapting God's Word ..

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Silly Eve was the second human to have a living spirit breath into the human body the spirit in the likeness of God.
So why add more time than what God said ? lol

Jun 10, 2019
What's the difference except you claim a god .. There's plenty people who are religious but can't live without adapting God's Word ..
I don’t claim God that’s hilarious, who claims God to funny

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
m The post is not about the human part of Christ, isn't discussing Adam and certainly not giving a Grandmother to Eve so you add to scripture, it is speaking of the age of the universe.

My post is about the affect on the world that saying that scripture puts a date on the age of the universe that is, (again), adding to scripture. All scripture tells us about that date is to tell how the world was in the beginning, not saying when that beginning was in our kind of time.

Jun 10, 2019
all these planets are part of creation why do people think about earth time only God created other planets with time bubbles of their own. people still want to make earth the center of the universe and don’t even think of other time scales right in our own backyard. Earth alone does not set the time for the whole universe and certainly not even in the same solar system along with other planets.

Mercury 1,408 hours
Venus 5,832 hours
Earth, 24 hours
Mars, 25 hours
Jupiter 10 hours
Saturn 11 hours
Uranus 17 hours
Neptune 16 hours