The Age of the Universe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 10, 2019
It’s just a guess, one only assumes we have a completed genealogy, I do not like to make decisions based on assumptions
A guess is a assumption and like a guess the six days are literally 24 hours each or like me saying 14.4 billion years old

E

eternally-gratefull

A guess is a assumption and like a guess the six days are literally 24 hours each or like me saying 14.4 billion years old
I am not guessing

moses tells is in exodus

just because you can not see it, or do not wish to see it does not mean it’s not there

The exodus passage is meaningless if the 6 day creation account is anything but one literal day. In fact it would be decieving as it gives us false information

Jun 10, 2019
I am not guessing

moses tells is in exodus

just because you can not see it, or do not wish to see it does not mean it’s not there

The exodus passage is meaningless if the 6 day creation account is anything but one literal day. In fact it would be decieving as it gives us false information
I can say the same about your idea, there’s no winners here the word day comes from the Hebrew word Yom which has several meanings, a Day in English has one meaning and you are determined to use the English translation of Yom as 24 hours, yom in exodus is 24 hours yom in creation is a longer period.

English uses words like decades centuries etc. for longer periods

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I can say the same about your idea, there’s no winners here the word day comes from the Hebrew word Yom which has several meanings, a Day in English has one meaning and you are determined to use the English translation of Yom as 24 hours, yom in exodus is 24 hours yom in creation is a longer period.

You can say anything , you have free will

Jun 10, 2019
You too, how many people has Darwin sent to hell ?
Me too what did you mean by that? I hope it’s not what I’m thinking you meant, and I didn’t see the poster mentioned Darwin nor I

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
None if they believe in Christ, that’s not a salvation issue get with the program lol jk..
Let me put it simpler, how many have lost faith because their ''education'' tells them the bible must be a lie ? You haven't shown me anything that Proves God is the liar or that God needed more time than He said .... Tell me that your Jesus didn't believe Adam was created on the 6th day of the first week and I'll say you must serve a different Jesus .

Jun 10, 2019
Let me put it simpler, how many have lost faith because their ''education'' tells them the bible must be a lie ? You haven't shown me anything that Proves God is the liar or that God needed more time than He said .... Tell me that your Jesus didn't believe Adam was created on the 6th day of the first week and I'll say you must serve a different Jesus .
You tell me you seem to know the amount who lost faith? I never posted anything that said God is a lair, I posted information on the misunderstanding and miss use of the word Yom. I don’t even look at Darwin stuff and don’t care too. You totally pushed the lie thing

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I am not guessing

moses tells is in exodus

There is so much information given in Genesis chapter 1 .. When you get a chance this guy covers all possibilities ..

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
You tell me you seem to know the amount who lost faith? I never posted anything that said God is a lair, I posted information on the misunderstanding and miss use of the word Yom
Back in the day/days, you don't know what that means ? It means a time when the days had a unique definition , everyday timewise was the same but everyday we were playing outside, this day kids are stuck inside with their faces stuck in cellphones and ipods .. You're really beginning to get quite boring asking your 3yr old , but why, but why, but why questions .. lolol

E

eternally-gratefull

You can’t say anything

exodus tells us how long the days were, it’s called context.

i feel like I am going in circles, I am done with this conversation, I must go with a moses on this one. Thank you

Feb 24, 2020
bojack said: You too, how many people has Darwin sent to hell ?

None if they believe in Christ, that’s not a salvation issue get with the program lol jk..
It may not be a salvation issue, but it is very serious and can prevent you from becoming a member of the body of Christ. Read the latter part of Romans 1 (below). It is effectively saying that because people didn't believe God to be the creator of the world and all life on it that he punished them by giving them up to homosexuality - something that is rapidly increasing and spreading, and is even encouraged and applauded, nowadays, at a time when the theory of evolution is still taught despite all the evidence contradicting it. Many people turn away from Christianity once they are taught that evolution is a true fact (rather than a false theory), because it is incompatible with the Bible.

Romans 1:
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
1 ¶ Therefore thou art inexcusable,

1Co 6:9 ¶ Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [Strong's: arsenokoites - one who lies with a male as with a female, sodomite, homosexual]
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Jun 10, 2019
It may not be a salvation issue, but it is very serious and can prevent you from becoming a member of the body of Christ.

Read the latter part of Romans 1 (below). It is effectively saying that because people didn't believe God to be the creator of the world and all life on it that he punished them by giving them up to homosexuality - something that is rapidly increasing and spreading, and is even encouraged and applauded, nowadays, at a time when the theory of evolution is still taught despite all the evidence contradicting it. Many people turn away from Christianity once they are taught that evolution is a true fact (rather than a false theory), because it is incompatible with the Bible.

Romans 1:
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

1Co 6:9 ¶ Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [Strong's: arsenokoites - one who lies with a male as with a female, sodomite, homosexual]
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
If it is not a salvation issue and Jesus saves how can someone say someone else will be prevented from being in the body of Christ better check your logic on that one.

And the first thing out of your mouth is homosexuality really that has nothing to do with the topic. And mixing in if someone thinks a tad pole evolves into a frog or a caterpillar into a butterfly morphs or what ever is a serious issue and throws down some scripture on a minor issue doesn’t know how to use the scripture properly your whole post was arrogantly off.

Jun 10, 2019
You can’t say anything

exodus tells us how long the days were, it’s called context.

i feel like I am going in circles, I am done with this conversation, I must go with a moses on this one. Thank you
Yes you are right that is why Yom has multiple usage in the Bible to state different lengths of time context you can not just plop down the English word for day which has one meaning of one period 24 hrs is not using the Hebrew word for day properly. the Hebrew word for day Yom is use many times in the OT to describe different lengths of time it was the translators who use the word day for everything.

Jun 10, 2019
It may not be a salvation issue, but it is very serious and can prevent you from becoming a member of the body of Christ. Read the latter part of Romans 1 (below). It is effectively saying that because people didn't believe God to be the creator of the world and all life on it that he punished them by giving them up to homosexuality - something that is rapidly increasing and spreading, and is even encouraged and applauded, nowadays, at a time when the theory of evolution is still taught despite all the evidence contradicting it. Many people turn away from Christianity once they are taught that evolution is a true fact (rather than a false theory), because it is incompatible with the Bible.

Romans 1:

Here’s you in the womb tadpole explain the tail at stage 14
B1C3BFF4-98CB-4DD5-8292-148EFE4F43F5.jpeg