The Answer to the Virus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 10, 2019
Malaria is a parasite, SARS CoV-2 is a virus.

It drug interferes with its ability of the virus to replicate, this learned this from the first SARS breakout.

This drug was used on 25 people and was effective on 75, that is a very small sample size ... so no a lot of real data yet on this drug, so cautious optimism still.
Hmm yea it’s a parasite not really a virus, though a virus that hasn’t popped up in about 15 years is the Marburg virus, now that is a killer first outbreak was in 1967 25% death rate the last two outbreaks have been about 80% death rate and higher.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Malaria is a parasite, SARS CoV-2 is a virus.

It drug interferes with its ability of the virus to replicate, this learned this from the first SARS breakout.

This drug was used on 25 people and was effective on 75, that is a very small sample size ... so no a lot of real data yet on this drug, so cautious optimism still.
Please clarify your numbers.

E

EleventhHour

Please clarify your numbers.
Why do I know you were going to ask that LOL... okay I read an article let me see if I can go find it...

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Why do I know you were going to ask that LOL... okay I read an article let me see if I can go find it...
I'm not going anywhere with the question. Used on 25 and effective on 75. Did you mean 75%?

E

EleventhHour

I'm not going anywhere with the question. Used on 25 and effective on 75. Did you mean 75%?
Yes... okay there are various reports and studies.... I would have to go the original journals which I could to really get more solid info.

Here is the exerpt.... it does look promising for sure ... its just that it is not a randomized trial nor is the sample size large enough to really know more accurately how effective it will be.

Didier Raoult, director of a university hospital institute in Marseille, explained that he had conducted a clinical trial in which he treated 25 Covid-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine. After six days, he said, only 25 percent of patients who took this drug still had the virus in their body. By contrast, 90 percent of those who had not taken hydroxychloroquine continued to carry the Covid-19.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200320-will-an-old-malaria-drug-help-fight-the-coronavirus

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
With finding that Plaquenil or Hydroxychloroquine helps kill the virus, and Trump allowing it to be used off label, I think this disease will soon be under control.

Plaquenil is over 50 years old. It started as an anti-malarial, now it is mostly used for Rheumatoid Arthritis, as the first med you go on. I was on it for a year. I had no side effects, but it didn't work, my RA was already too strong for it.

I have heard they are ramping up production of the med, plus, it is cheap to make. I'm not worried about supply, I have a stash of it, enough for hubby and I to be on it for 10 days.

All the side effects of Plaquenil are well known. The only issue is making it quickly, and getting it to the worst patients, first, and then to anyone who has been exposed.

Of course, I do believe this discovery is because of God answering his people's prayers!
You mean because of the study in marseille, france? Dont trust them to much, there are several questions open. But its a try.

Jun 10, 2019
You mean because of the study in marseille, france? Dont trust them to much, there are several questions open. But its a try.
Why do you not trust them, have you seen any untrustful things from marseille?

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Why do you not trust them, have you seen any untrustful things from marseille?
Well, i saw an eeport from an german virologe, Christian Drosten he counsels our goverment in this corona stuff. He shows that the methods which they used in marseille were not very effizient. So they testest two different groups, which were not equal. ( f.e. one group was jounget then the other group) Normally two groups should be equal. Also they testet the virus in the throut, but not in the lung. After a certain time the virus anyway is disapaering in the throut. There also is no knowledge in which the patients were when the startet the study. And another point was, that the chloriquine was testet under lab conditions to the virus and stopped the virus spreading, but it is an different as it is testet in an body. The result in an body can be different. There a no results in curing a person. But this should be the measure a medicament helps ore not.
So Mr. Drosten reportet that to many questions are open, for to give an reasonable proof that this chloriquine will helps

Jun 10, 2019
Well, i saw an eeport from an german virologe, Christian Drosten he counsels our goverment in this corona stuff. He shows that the methods which they used in marseille were not very effizient. So they testest two different groups, which were not equal. ( f.e. one group was jounget then the other group) Normally two groups should be equal. Also they testet the virus in the throut, but not in the lung. After a certain time the virus anyway is disapaering in the throut. There also is no knowledge in which the patients were when the startet the study. And another point was, that the chloriquine was testet under lab conditions to the virus and stopped the virus spreading, but it is an different as it is testet in an body. The result in an body can be different. There a no results in curing a person. But this should be the measure a medicament helps ore not.
So Mr. Drosten reportet that to many questions are open, for to give an reasonable proof that this chloriquine will helps
Doesn’t the virus make it into the blood stream, thus among our own cells, how can a test be in lungs only and not in the throat or visa versa. you sure about that got any site info?

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Doesn’t the virus make it into the blood stream, thus among our own cells, how can a test be in lungs only and not in the throat or visa versa. you sure about that got any site info?
The virus comes in first line over inhalation in our body. And so,easy said, the first organ its met is the lung. Anyhow the amount on vira you measure in the throat is saying nothing about the mass on vira you have into lung already. And in the cells of the lung this virus will increase.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
To add: The malaria virus comes over bloodstream into the body, but not the corona virus.

Jun 10, 2019
The virus comes in first line over inhalation in our body. And so,easy said, the first organ its met is the lung. Anyhow the amount on vira you measure in the throat is saying nothing about the mass on vira you have into lung already. And in the cells of the lung this virus will increase.
No the virus can get into the blood stream through the eyes also,

do you have the study on lung and throat difference?

Jun 10, 2019
So what happens when the virus invades the blood stream through the eyes, you can throw all that lung and throat idea out the window.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
To add: The malaria virus comes over bloodstream into the body, but not the corona virus.
Remember this drug is also the first drug they give people with Rheumatoid arthritis, which is the body attacking itself. That is why I was on it for a year, and why I still have some left from my last try. So, it does a lot more than fight malaria.

Plus, Plaquenil is Hydroxychloroquine, not chloroquine. Chloroquine is much older and much more toxic. It is called Quinine. It killed people who went on it for malaria. It is not used anymore. Plaquenil has been used for years to effectively treat RA. All the side effects are known, although how it works in the case of Corona Virus, might be something new. Something about dissolving the cell wall.

Plaquenil has been through clincial trials twice - once 50 years ago, for malaria and then again for RA usage. So, it is not like it hasn't been tested over and over, and found safe. I had no side effects with it, although there are a few, including the occasional allergy to the med. I'm not allergic to it, but I am to a lot of other meds, like penicillin and aspirin.

I did have some questions, Wolfwint about the trials in France. There was no control, or placebo group, and then the group that got it, plus double blind. They actually had a few things they were testing, including with an antibiotic, which is where they got their best results for Plaquenil. Although, because they were in a hurry to see if it worked, and how, so it could be manufactured and given to people. But, too late for people who have the disease right now, and can't wait 2 or 3 years for a proper clinical trial, and all that entails.

At any rate, if I do get sick, I will take the Plaquenil I have. It has never harmed me, at worst, it won't work. Better than dying, is my opinion.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
No the virus can get into the blood stream through the eyes also,

do you have the study on lung and throat difference?
Thats why I said in first line it will be inhaled.
There is no study exist. I only said, that the amount of vira in the the throat says nothing about the amount if vira in the lung. You can have less vira in the throat, but a big mass in the lung. Ore an big mass in the throat and less in the lung. Its depent in which stage someone is. To take cells from the lung you need to make a bronchoscopy, which is not possible for the mass. And has also risks.
So it will be no study on it.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Remember this drug is also the first drug they give people with Rheumatoid arthritis, which is the body attacking itself. That is why I was on it for a year, and why I still have some left from my last try. So, it does a lot more than fight malaria.

Plus, Plaquenil is Hydroxychloroquine, not chloroquine. Chloroquine is much older and much more toxic. It is called Quinine. It killed people who went on it for malaria. It is not used anymore. Plaquenil has been used for years to effectively treat RA. All the side effects are known, although how it works in the case of Corona Virus, might be something new. Something about dissolving the cell wall.

Plaquenil has been through clincial trials twice - once 50 years ago, for malaria and then again for RA usage. So, it is not like it hasn't been tested over and over, and found safe. I had no side effects with it, although there are a few, including the occasional allergy to the med. I'm not allergic to it, but I am to a lot of other meds, like penicillin and aspirin.

I did have some questions, Wolfwint about the trials in France. There was no control, or placebo group, and then the group that got it, plus double blind. They actually had a few things they were testing, including with an antibiotic, which is where they got their best results for Plaquenil. Although, because they were in a hurry to see if it worked, and how, so it could be manufactured and given to people. But, too late for people who have the disease right now, and can't wait 2 or 3 years for a proper clinical trial, and all that entails.

At any rate, if I do get sick, I will take the Plaquenil I have. It has never harmed me, at worst, it won't work. Better than dying, is my opinion.
Angela, I agree with you. And I hope and pray that you will not catch it. I would be glad, if this plaquenil will help you and others,till something better is found.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
So what happens when the virus invades the blood stream through the eyes, you can throw all that lung and throat idea out the window.
You may be right, but the fact is, that almost all people inhale it. Thats what we expierience in the hospitals.

Jun 10, 2019
You may be right, but the fact is, that almost all people inhale it. Thats what we expierience in the hospitals.
You are right also and it’s a nasty virus that hooks on to things and multiples

E

EleventhHour

With finding that Plaquenil or Hydroxychloroquine helps kill the virus, and Trump allowing it to be used off label, I think this disease will soon be under control.

Plaquenil is over 50 years old. It started as an anti-malarial, now it is mostly used for Rheumatoid Arthritis, as the first med you go on. I was on it for a year. I had no side effects, but it didn't work, my RA was already too strong for it.

I have heard they are ramping up production of the med, plus, it is cheap to make. I'm not worried about supply, I have a stash of it, enough for hubby and I to be on it for 10 days.

All the side effects of Plaquenil are well known. The only issue is making it quickly, and getting it to the worst patients, first, and then to anyone who has been exposed.

Of course, I do believe this discovery is because of God answering his people's prayers!
I hope it will happen quickly for sure, and yes let us pray for this is tragic for sure for so many reasons. So much of this could have been averted that is the most frustrating part.

Anyway, from what I am being told the demand is still above the availability and it will take several months before production is up to speed, the way this virus travels and particularly some (not all) young people not being responsible that is not a good scenario for places like California, New York and Florida.

A family member who is a doctor, lives in Dallas who is a radio-oncologist, has been told that he will stop seeing his regular cancer patients and will be dealing only with virus patients on the front line exclusively because they know what is coming shortly.
Medical supplies are limited... this is a tragedy for our front line workers who put their lives on the line.

People just do not realize the complexity of this whole situation. And while people keep stating it only affects the vulnerable as though to say "why should I care" both sadden and infuriates me.