The Antichrist

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
Hello ComeLordJesus,

The word "antichristos" can mean "opposed to or in place of." However, I would find it hard to believe that the antichrist will be pretending to be Christ, while performing the following:

"The beast was given a mouth to speak arrogant and blasphemous words, and authority to act for forty-two months. And the beast opened its mouth to blaspheme against God and slander His name and His tabernacle—those who dwell in heaven."

My point being is that, if the antichrist was in the place of Christ, he certainly wouldn't be blaspheming God and slandering heaven and those who dwell in it. It sounds like to me that he will act as the enemy/opponent to Christ, instead of claiming to be Christ. For we know that Christ would not be blaspheming God.

Just my observation. What do you think about this?
Think about it this way too Ahwatukee:

And no marvel: for satan himself is transformed into an Angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing, though his ministers transform themselves, as though they were the ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works. 2Cor.11:14,15

I would think the first 7yrs. of the Tribulation will be the time that satan sets Antichrist up as someone to admire and then we know that the second 7yrs. is when Antichrist will cause hell on earth not for the Jews as Daniel 9:27 shows but I would think the whole earth that satan has caused him to deceive.

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
Hello again ComeLordJesus,

My point was that scripture states that he will indeed blaspheme God and heaven therefore, since God is Jesus/Christ's Father, then I don't see how the AC could be pretending to be Christ and yet blaspheme God. Do you see what I am saying? Because of this, it seems that he will not be claiming to be Christ, but by blaspheming God, he would be an enemy of Christ, not pretending to be Him.
My point was that some of the churches are so screwed up people won't know the difference. How many people know that at Jesus' second coming he will land on the Mt. of Olives? I think satan will set Antichrist up in a way in the first 7yrs of the tribulation whereby he looks like an angel of light.

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
Here is a very interesting article Mr. Hunt wrote back in 1990? about a one world religion.

In part it says: "he will pretend to be Christ and thus will pervert rather than openly oppose Christianity. He will be a "false Christ" (Mt 24:24, etc.), offering a "Counterfeit" a false and "positive" Christianity acceptable to all. "

https://100777.com/node/1681

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Think about it this way too Ahwatukee:

And no marvel: for satan himself is transformed into an Angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing, though his ministers transform themselves, as though they were the ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works. 2Cor.11:14,15

I would think the first 7yrs. of the Tribulation will be the time that satan sets Antichrist up as someone to admire and then we know that the second 7yrs. is when Antichrist will cause hell on earth not for the Jews as Daniel 9:27 shows but I would think the whole earth that satan has caused him to deceive.
Second 7 yrs? You mean, the first and second 3 1/2 years of the 7 year period, correct?

I agree with you, that at first they will be deceived, but eventually they will know that the antichrist/beast is not Christ. The inhabitants of the earth are going to know that the antichrist/beast is not Christ, as seen from the following:

"Next, the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was given power to scorch the people with fire. And the people were scorched by intense heat, and they cursed the name of God, who had authority over these plagues; yet they did not repent and give Him glory."

"And the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness, and men began to gnaw their tongues in anguish and curse the God of heaven for their pains and sores; yet they did not repent of their deeds.

"Then every island fled, and no mountain could be found. And huge hailstones, about a hundred pounds each, rained down on them from above. And men cursed God for the plague of hail, because it was so horrendous.

They may be deceived at first, but they will realize that the antichrist is not Christ. For the scriptures above demonstrate that the inhabitants will know that God is the One who is responsible for the plagues coming upon the earth and will curse Him because of it. I believe that at that time men's hearts will be so hardened that they will deliberately be against God, as seen by their cursing Him.

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
Second 7 yrs? You mean, the first and second 3 1/2 years of the 7 year period, correct?

I agree with you, that at first they will be deceived, but eventually they will know that the antichrist/beast is not Christ. The inhabitants of the earth are going to know that the antichrist/beast is not Christ, as seen from the following:

"Next, the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was given power to scorch the people with fire. And the people were scorched by intense heat, and they cursed the name of God, who had authority over these plagues; yet they did not repent and give Him glory."

"And the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness, and men began to gnaw their tongues in anguish and curse the God of heaven for their pains and sores; yet they did not repent of their deeds.

"Then every island fled, and no mountain could be found. And huge hailstones, about a hundred pounds each, rained down on them from above. And men cursed God for the plague of hail, because it was so horrendous.

They may be deceived at first, but they will realize that the antichrist is not Christ. For the scriptures above demonstrate that the inhabitants will know that God is the One who is responsible for the plagues coming upon the earth and will curse Him because of it. I believe that at that time men's hearts will be so hardened that they will deliberately be against God, as seen by their cursing Him.
Yes sorry, meant 31/2. If the scriptures above show that God is the senders of the plagues and they don't repent and curse God how does that show that people will realize that the Antichrist is not Christ?

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
By the time we get to Revelation I think it's a little late that people would realize that the Antichrist is not God, since no one is repenting and they are cursing God.

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
This is the European Union poster Mr. Hunt was talking about. Interesting that the baby in the womans arms had a round head and all the others heads are square.

Building_Site_poster.jpg

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Revelation 12:12. that's when I think he will do the things because he knows he has a short time,before that he doesn't know and he doesn't because he don't...

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I dont know whether the man destined to be the Antichrist is alive now. I believe that whenever he appears he will at first appear to be just another possibly charismatic political leader on the world stage. At one point Satan will posses him and it is then that his real identity
will be revealed. One interesting pointer is that he is called the Son of Perdition, (Destruction). The only other person given this title is Judas Iscariot who was possessed by Satan at the last supper. Prior to that none of the Disciples were aware of his future role in Christs arrest and crucifixion.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Why Charismatic ? lol, I'm not,just curious why you think that...

jb

Feb 27, 2010
There is plenty of possible eschatologies, its good to know them and not to be fixed on the one you believe.
I would have thought that the thing to do was to put effort into prayer and study to find out truth on it for knowing what will happen will bring great comfort and victory when the signs begin to appear.

However, having a number of them rattling around in your spirit will only bring fear and sure defeat for the individual will not know what to look for!

So, my advice is to be a Berean! Acts 17v10-12.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I think tanakh meant in the sense the Antichrist will be very charming and people will be attracted to him.

in Revelation 12:12 then 11,10,9,8.7(working backwards) things in Heaven are already different and some have not loved their lives unto death(so have died) and then the devil is cast down and then he knows he has a short time is he Charismatic? In Revelation 12:11 "him" is he the same him whom they overcame by the blood of the Lamb or is one before the other?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Hello iamsoandso,

things in Heaven are already different
What do you mean that things in heaven are different?

and some have not loved their lives unto death (so have died
These above who will not have loved their lives so much as to resist death, is speaking in regards to the great tribulation saints who will be those who will have received Christ after the church has been gathered and during the time of God's wrath. It is not the devil who is charismatic, but the beast/antichrist who the world will follow after, whom the dragon/Satan gives his power, throne and great authority.

The reason that Satan knows that his time is short, is because he and his angels are thrown out of heaven in the middle of the seven years, which means that he knows that he only has 3 1/2 years left before the Lord returns to the earth to end the age, which is also when he is thrown into and sealed in the Abyss during that literal thousand years.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Hello iamsoandso,

These above who will not have loved their lives so much as to resist death, is speaking in regards to the great tribulation saints who will be those who will have received Christ after the church has been gathered and during the time of God's wrath. It is not the devil who is charismatic, but the beast/antichrist who the world will follow after, whom the dragon/Satan gives his power, throne and great authority.

The reason that Satan knows that his time is short, is because he and his angels are thrown out of heaven in the middle of the seven years, which means that he knows that he only has 3 1/2 years left before the Lord returns to the earth to end the age, which is also when he is thrown into and sealed in the Abyss during that literal thousand years.

lol, they rejoice in Heaven after he is cast out,thats different.

Do you think that there is place found in Heaven for the devil and his angels at the present moment?

Mar 28, 2016
lol, they rejoice in Heaven after he is cast out,thats different.

Do you think that there is place found in Heaven for the devil and his angels at the present moment?
Hello iamsoandso,

The spirit of the antichrists (many) was already here even before God closed off the possibility of another new revelation. Peter is shown acting as one.

If some are waiting for him to be revealed its already to late the many are here. Teaching that we do need a man to teach us... the key for identifying the antichrists, plural. They went out from us because they were not of us.

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
But
he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Mathew 16

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
My personal opinion, the anti-messiah would most likely have to be someone comparable to that of a Roman Emperor, based on all the research I have done.

Dec 12, 2013
The belief that THE CHURCH is retraining is incorrect....there is not ONE verse that states that, implies that and it is a made up, regurgitated fallacy.....The simple truth that IF IT WERE POSSIBLE HE WOULD DECEIVE THE VERY ELECT proves the "SO CALLED CHURCH" is still here....to use 2nd Thessalonians to teach the SO CALLED CHURCH is the restrainer also grammatically makes JESUS GAY if the CHURCH is the restrainer because the PERSONAL PRONOUN HE is used to describe what restrains........NOT SHE.....and if the SO CALLED CHURCH is the BRIDE of CHRIST it would not be IDENTIFIED as a HE, but rather a SHE.......

ONLY HE WHO NOW LETS WILL LET UNTIL HE BE TAKEN OUT OF THE WAY<---this neither describes JESUS nor the LORD'S CHURCHES.......

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
I wish to embellish this line of thinking......My view which lends to your view in a sense....

A study of Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome will reveal a continued attempt by Satan to be worshiped in a man as God.....even with Alexander the Great we see the twist where Satan mimics JESUS as Alexander took the title the Son of GOD (ZEUS)......

Satan has continually attempted to bring this to fruition, but it has been hindered by God because it was not yet time (the end of the age)

Right or wrong that is my view based upon a study of the history of these kingdoms, the false God's worshiped, the bible and the very words of JESUS unto the Church which was located at Pergamos....

JESUS told them that he knew they dwelt were Satan's seat was located.......THE throne of Zeus was located at Pergamos....<---this tells me that Zeus was indeed Satan.......

Points to ponder!
Agree...Thanks for the reminder

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
There are lots of anti Christ in the world. if you are non Catholic, you can include our Pope.

and if you believe that Jesus is a true God, you can include preachers who preach that Jesus is not God as anti Christs.
No the Pope cannot be an Anti-christ as He is not from Assyria. BBBBBUtt keep in mind there are a pair of them and one while not the anti-christ will get the world to worship him. Guess who he might be?