The Antichrist

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
The belief that THE CHURCH is retraining is incorrect....there is not ONE verse that states that, implies that and it is a made up, regurgitated fallacy.....The simple truth that IF IT WERE POSSIBLE HE WOULD DECEIVE THE VERY ELECT proves the "SO CALLED CHURCH" is still here....to use 2nd Thessalonians to teach the SO CALLED CHURCH is the restrainer also grammatically makes JESUS GAY if the CHURCH is the restrainer because the PERSONAL PRONOUN HE is used to describe what restrains........NOT SHE.....and if the SO CALLED CHURCH is the BRIDE of CHRIST it would not be IDENTIFIED as a HE, but rather a SHE.......

ONLY HE WHO NOW LETS WILL LET UNTIL HE BE TAKEN OUT OF THE WAY<---this neither describes JESUS nor the LORD'S CHURCHES.......
The actual false teaching is that the Holy Spirit which resides in the members of the Church is the restrainer preventing the antichrist from being revealed. Those who believe this follow the logic that the Holy Spirit leaves at the rapture. They cant
explain how the 144000 and those they label ''tribulation saints'' are converted to Christ without the Holy Spirit being there.

I believe the restrainer is the Archangel Michael. In Revelation he makes war with the Dragon who is thrown down to earth and
persecutes the children of the woman which is Israel. In Daniel its Michael who wages spiritual warfare and is also seen by Israel
as its guardian. Its Michael who is taken out of the way so that the Antichrist can begin his reign and the persecution of the Jews
together with those who follow Christ.

Dec 12, 2013
The actual false teaching is that the Holy Spirit which resides in the members of the Church is the restrainer preventing the antichrist from being revealed. Those who believe this follow the logic that the Holy Spirit leaves at the rapture. They cant
explain how the 144000 and those they label ''tribulation saints'' are converted to Christ without the Holy Spirit being there.

I believe the restrainer is the Archangel Michael. In Revelation he makes war with the Dragon who is thrown down to earth and
persecutes the children of the woman which is Israel. In Daniel its Michael who wages spiritual warfare and is also seen by Israel
as its guardian. Its Michael who is taken out of the way so that the Antichrist can begin his reign and the persecution of the Jews
Interesting concept.......a literal translation of the statement found in 2nd Thessalonians also yields interesting results...........and when one ponders the absolute truth that Satan has been attempting to bring about his worship in a man from day one especially when viewed through the lens of the rise and fall of Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome<---all major kingdoms to rule over and or exercise dominion over the area of Israel.....the literal translation of 2nd Thessalonians takes on a whole new light!

May 17, 2018
I have been getting e-mails from The Berean Call since 2000 from when Dave Hunt was still alive. This is a snippet from one of their latest e-mails.

"Instead of a frontal assault on Christianity, the evil one will pervert the church from within by posing as its founder. He will cunningly misrepresent Christ while pretending to be Christ. And by that process of substitution, he will undermine and pervert all that Christ truly is."
very interesting indeed ...:)

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
The spirit of the antichrists (many) was already here even before God closed off the possibility of another new revelation. Peter is shown acting as one.

If some are waiting for him to be revealed its already to late the many are here. Teaching that we do need a man to teach us... the key for identifying the antichrists, plural. They went out from us because they were not of us.

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
But
he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Mathew 16
2Thess.2:3 absolutely says there will be "a man of sin revealed" and "he will be the son of perdition".

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
lol, they rejoice in Heaven after he is cast out,thats different.

Do you think that there is place found in Heaven for the devil and his angels at the present moment?
Yes, Satan and his angels still have access to heaven. We have seen it when the angels, the son's of God, came to present themselves and Satan was also with them. We see it here in Revelation which states that He (Satan) accuses believers before God night and day. It is not until the middle of the seven years that Satan and his angels are cast out and restricted to the earth, which by the way is the result of the seventh trumpet and the 3rd woe.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
The spirit of the antichrists (many) was already here even before God closed off the possibility of another new revelation. Peter is shown acting as one.

If some are waiting for him to be revealed its already to late the many are here. Teaching that we do need a man to teach us... the key for identifying the antichrists, plural. They went out from us because they were not of us.

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
But
he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Mathew 16
When John mentions "antichrists" he is speaking of types, i.e. anyone who claims that Jesus did not come in the flesh. However, he also mentions "the antichrist" which is referring to that one man who is to come into the world, of whom Paul refers to as "the man of lawless" who will stand in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God or anything that is called God or worshiped. That same man who will make his covenant with Israel and who will break it in the middle and the same one who will set up that abomination. He is also the same one who will be given authority to make war and conquer the great tribulation saints revealed in Rev.13. He is also the same man who will be thrown into the lake of fire alive when Christ returns to the earth to end the age.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Hello again ComeLordJesus,

My point was that scripture states that he will indeed blaspheme God and heaven therefore, since God is Jesus/Christ's Father, then I don't see how the AC could be pretending to be Christ and yet blaspheme God. Do you see what I am saying? Because of this, it seems that he will not be claiming to be Christ, but by blaspheming God, he would be an enemy of Christ, not pretending to be Him.
A....,

Satan's inter action will be with Christ....not G-d.

It is Satan's declared objective to .............."be like The Most High"...... Become as powerful as G-d.

May 17, 2018
hmm check it out one world religion emerging. It will set the stage for the rise of the Antichrist and a lot of people are questioning if it is a man,beast or something that GOD can't recognizes but will detect. We must understand "For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect (Mat 24:24)."

My assumption is that the Anti-Christ spirit is already around us you can see it in the media and around the world. "Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, (Matt 24:12)." It is for certain that we must be watchful and also do not be surprise of the many "Judas" goats out there and even from your own family and friends.

"Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God . "
"(2nd thessalonians 2:3-4)"

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
According to John 2:18 do you think the Antichrist could be on the earth right now?
There have been many Antichrist in the past , along as thee present time we are in now.

As for the antichrist in John 2:18 , we are witnessing in this era God Word being fulfilled. As he has given us instruction on how to calculate these final events in this world that is fading away.

ἀντίχριστος, ου, ὁ meaning : antichrist

Definition: antichrist, either one who puts himself in the place of, or the enemy (opponent) of the Messiah.

Revelation 17:10-11 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

There are no other kings that fit this prophecy , this is how close we are to Christ return. Now the prophecy says there are 10 kings that will give there Kingdom to the Beast " Francis thee I "

Revelation 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

These are the next movements in thee prophecy , will the UN divide the world into ten divisions with 10 kings to rule over them , or does the prophecy point to ten kings that will come out of the EU , only time will tell. But know it will be wise to repent and believe the Gospel.

Shalom

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
There have been many Antichrist in the past , along as thee present time we are in now.

As for the antichrist in John 2:18 , we are witnessing in this era God Word being fulfilled. As he has given us instruction on how to calculate these final events in this world that is fading away.

ἀντίχριστος, ου, ὁ meaning : antichrist

Definition: antichrist, either one who puts himself in the place of, or the enemy (opponent) of the Messiah.

Revelation 17:10-11 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

There are no other kings that fit this prophecy , this is how close we are to Christ return. Now the prophecy says there are 10 kings that will give there Kingdom to the Beast " Francis thee I "

Revelation 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

These are the next movements in thee prophecy , will the UN divide the world into ten divisions with 10 kings to rule over them , or does the prophecy point to ten kings that will come out of the EU , only time will tell. But know it will be wise to repent and believe the Gospel.

Shalom

That's an interesting chart. Pope Francis could have a very long life if he is in the Job until the end of the world. He could even beat Methuselah depending of course when the end of the world happens.

Mar 28, 2016
No the Pope cannot be an Anti-christ as He is not from Assyria. BBBBBUtt keep in mind there are a pair of them and one while not the anti-christ will get the world to worship him. Guess who he might be?
It matters not where they come from but more what they do.... usurping the authority of God as it is written and give it to men seen therefore also violating the first commandment.. not to have false gods before him '

Peter the Serial denier is shown acting as a antichrist blaspheming the holy name by which we are called . Because it was the Son of man, Jesus as that seen that blaspheming was forgiven. To blaspheme against the Holy Spirit not seen is not forgivable

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.Mathew 16:22-24

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
I just noticed something interesting in 2Thess. Chapter 2 (v.3) says that the Antichrist (man of sin) will be revealed.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

This verse doesn't call a person who denies Jesus is the Christ an antichrist, rather it calls them a liar, however the verse continues and describes the antichrist as the person who denies the eternal God and the LORD, who only hath immortality. (1 Tim 6:16)

As written in John 7:16, "Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me" so if one doesn't believe his testimony, then how can the believe LORD who said, "I and my Father are one", that being light, seeing the LORD is the image of the invisible God. (Col 1:15)

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

This verse doesn't call a person who denies Jesus is the Christ an antichrist, rather it calls them a liar, however the verse continues and describes the antichrist as the person who denies the eternal God and the LORD, who only hath immortality. (1 Tim 6:16)
Hello Zmouth,

This verse doesn't call a person who denies Jesus is the Christ an antichrist, rather it calls them a liar
"Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son."

All of the above is true! The one who denies that Jesus is not the Christ and who denies the Father and the Son, is a liar and a type of antichrist.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015

Those who believe this follow the logic that the Holy Spirit leaves at the rapture.
He doesn't leave Tanakh, he is taken out of the way from restraining the full force of sin and from holding back the man of sin. He will still be upon the earth, although working in a different capacity, much like He did prior to Pentecost. And yes, His being removed means the removal of the church and that because He indwells all believers. Therefore, when the Spirit is taken out of the way, then the church must be taken out of the way also. The Holy Spirit will most likely work in the capacity that He did prior to the on-set of the church. During that time no one under the law was indwelt with the Spirit. For regarding this Paul says to the Galatians who were being deceived by false teachings, "did you receive the Spirit by obeying the law, or by what you heard?" The Spirit was first received at Pentecost. Before that He did not indwell those under the law.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
explain how the 144000 and those they label ''tribulation saints'' are converted to Christ without the Holy Spirit being there........

t....,
The Comforter...Holy Spirit...is the restrainer.

The Bible tells us.......He who lets will let until he be taken away... That occurs in the middle of the week (7 years), not at the rapture.

As I understand scripture...the 144,000 will be marked and secured before The Comforter is removed. That makes sense because when He is removed all power possessed by the anti-Christ is applied without restriction including the mark of the beast...666.,... and it's ramifications.