The Antichrist

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Sure wish I could say the same but,no way to get my s.s. or file my taxes,,,,or pay my isp ?
This is also what people during the time of the mark are going claim. God knows I need to pay my bills, to buy gas, to feed my family, etc. During that time though, it will be time for those to take there stand and be prepared to keep their testimony of Jesus and the word of God and to resist the beast, his image and his mark, even unto death. Those who do receive it have only the following to look forward to:

“If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or hand, he too will drink the wine of God’s anger, poured undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented in fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever. Day and night there will be no rest for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name.”

Mar 28, 2016
That is another trick by the anti-christ to bewilder u to take ur mind off the spiritual war-fare at hand between good an evil in these last days only the very elect will see this diabolical plot to deceive the saints! Many are called but few are chosen beware!

U left the the discussion of anti- christ!

One of many abominations he will carry look around u same sex marriage as an example of his tyranny!
The antichrists many are those who say we do need men to teach them .They simply have another teacher other than that of Christ the Holy Spirit of God alone

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
lol ,,come and revealed are two different words. The concearn I have is with the wrath of God beginning before they actually commit the sin .
Reveal means to cause or allow (something) to be seen.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
lol ,,come and revealed are two different words. The concearn I have is with the wrath of God beginning before they actually commit the sin .
Hello iamsoandso,

I think that you are misunderstanding what the wrath of God is about and who it is directed at. God's wrath, also known as "the day of the Lord" will not be just against those who worship the beast, his image and receive his mark, but to those who have rejected Christ, the proud, arrogant, those willfully living according to the sinful nature. And this wrath will ensue once the church has been removed. Below are some scriptures regarding God's time of wrath i.e. the day of the Lord:

"See, the day of the LORD is coming --a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger-- to make the land desolate and destroy the sinners within it. The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light. I will punish the world for its evil, the wicked for their sins. I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty and will humble the pride of the ruthless. I will make people scarcer than pure gold, more rare than the gold of Ophir.

"Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy mountain! Let all who dwell in the land tremble, for the Day of the LORD is coming; in fact, it is at hand—a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness."

“I will utterly sweep away everything from the face of the earth,” declares the LORD. I will sweep away man and beast; I will sweep away the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, and the ruins along with the wicked. I will cut off mankind from the face of the earth,” declares the LORD."

Woe to you who long for the Day of the LORD! What will the Day of the LORD be for you? It will be darkness and not light.
It will be like a man who flees from a lion only to encounter a bear, or who enters his house and rests his hand against the wall, only to have a serpent bite him. Will not the Day of the LORD be darkness and not light, even gloom with no brightness in it?

Therefore, that God's wrath begins prior to the beast and his mark is not the issue. It will be a time when God will pours out His wrath because of sin period! People will have ignored Christians who have been telling people to receive Christ and repent and who will have been warning them about God's coming wrath, who have rejected God's free gift of salvation. And just like the people of Noah's time, they will not believe and will continue on marrying and giving in marriage, planting and building, until the church is gone, then God's wrath will begin and will progress like a woman having birth pains. This is what the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments are all about, as well as the plagues that the two witnesses bring.

In short, the time of God's wrath will not be solely because of the beast, his image and his mark, but because of sin in general and peoples refusal to repent.

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
Hello iamsoandso,

I think that you are misunderstanding what the wrath of God is about and who it is directed at. God's wrath, also known as "the day of the Lord" will not be just against those who worship the beast, his image and receive his mark, but to those who have rejected Christ, the proud, arrogant, those willfully living according to the sinful nature. And this wrath will ensue once the church has been removed. Below are some scriptures regarding God's time of wrath i.e. the day of the Lord:

"See, the day of the LORD is coming --a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger-- to make the land desolate and destroy the sinners within it. The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light. I will punish the world for its evil, the wicked for their sins. I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty and will humble the pride of the ruthless. I will make people scarcer than pure gold, more rare than the gold of Ophir.

"Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy mountain! Let all who dwell in the land tremble, for the Day of the LORD is coming; in fact, it is at hand—a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness."

“I will utterly sweep away everything from the face of the earth,” declares the LORD. I will sweep away man and beast; I will sweep away the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, and the ruins along with the wicked. I will cut off mankind from the face of the earth,” declares the LORD."

Woe to you who long for the Day of the LORD! What will the Day of the LORD be for you? It will be darkness and not light.
It will be like a man who flees from a lion only to encounter a bear, or who enters his house and rests his hand against the wall, only to have a serpent bite him. Will not the Day of the LORD be darkness and not light, even gloom with no brightness in it?

Therefore, that God's wrath begins prior to the beast and his mark is not the issue. It will be a time when God will pours out His wrath because of sin period! People will have ignored Christians who have been telling people to receive Christ and repent and who will have been warning them about God's coming wrath, who have rejected God's free gift of salvation. And just like the people of Noah's time, they will not believe and will continue on marrying and giving in marriage, planting and building, until the church is gone, then God's wrath will begin and will progress like a woman having birth pains. This is what the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments are all about, as well as the plagues that the two witnesses bring.

In short, the time of God's wrath will not be solely because of the beast, his image and his mark, but because of sin in general and peoples refusal to repent.
Hello iamsoandso,

God's wrath, also known as "the day of the Lord" will not be just against those who worship the beast, his image and receive his mark, but to those who have rejected Christ, the proud, arrogant, those willfully living according to the sinful nature.

Excellent point to remember.

Mar 28, 2016
This is also what people during the time of the mark are going claim. God knows I need to pay my bills, to buy gas, to feed my family, etc. During that time though, it will be time for those to take there stand and be prepared to keep their testimony of Jesus and the word of God and to resist the beast, his image and his mark, even unto death. Those who do receive it have only the following to look forward to:

“If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or hand, he too will drink the wine of God’s anger, poured undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented in fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever. Day and night there will be no rest for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name.”

Yes, no rest for the restless wanderers like Cain, the marked man .

Christ will come as a thief in the night on the last day, the same day of the second and final resurrection for the believer, as the same day to execute judgement against those who believe not .They are already condemned, just as a believer will never come into condemnation. No double jeopardy for the new creatures

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3 :18

Again, He will come as a thief in the night on the last day, (no drama) just as in the days of Noah it will be busy as usual . The buying and selling has to do with spiritual truths hid in parables, without parable he spoke not . The mark is not a literal mark but one that represents those who do come into condemnation as natural unconverted man. They find no rest in Christ, like Cain the marked man or Esau who sold is spiritual birth right for a bowl of soup... seeing no value in spiritual things, not seen .

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Hello iamsoandso,

The three books you quote Isaiah,Zephaniah and Joel could in their context be also taken differently in that Meda in Issiah 13:17 did overthrow Babylon years later. In Acts 2:16 Peter said that at least a portion of Joel was taking place at Pentecost. In Isaiah 13:19 Sodom and Gomorrah are given as a comparison as to what was to take place of Babylon. Sodom and Gomorrah is an interesting part to consider in that Jesus in,Matthew 10:15 says that "on that day of judgment" it would be more bearable for them than those who did not receive those he sent out. Again in Zephaniah the mention of Sodom and Gomorrah, Zephaniah 2:9 is given of Moab and Ammon.

Now although much of this did happen beginning with Israel and then later Judah being taken into captivity by Babylon-Rome at the time Jesus made his comment in Matthew 10:15 there had been several nations mentioned that faced a day of judgment by God,but not the final day of judgment that Jesus referred to in Matthew 10:15 though as if as Genesis 15:16 where they had not yet met the full measure of sin and were later destroyed by the Hebrews after the exile. At the end of Zephaniah, Zephaniah 3:20-21 God says that they again would be regathered and be a name and a praise in the "earth" is that a complete destruction of earth as you see it or instead the beggining of the Mill.?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Yes, no rest for the restless wanderers like Cain, the marked man .

Christ will come as a thief in the night on the last day, the same day of the second and final resurrection for the believer, as the same day to execute judgement against those who believe not .They are already condemned, just as a believer will never come into condemnation. No double jeopardy for the new creatures

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3 :18

Again, He will come as a thief in the night on the last day, (no drama) just as in the days of Noah it will be busy as usual . The buying and selling has to do with spiritual truths hid in parables, without parable he spoke not . The mark is not a literal mark but one that represents those who do come into condemnation as natural unconverted man. They find no rest in Christ, like Cain the marked man or Esau who sold is spiritual birth right for a bowl of soup... seeing no value in spiritual things, not seen .
The three books you quote Isaiah,Zephaniah and Joel could in their context be also taken differently in that Meda in Issiah 13:17 did overthrow Babylon years later. In Acts 2:16 Peter said that at least a portion of Joel was taking place at Pentecost. In Isaiah 13:19 Sodom and Gomorrah are given as a comparison as to what was to take place of Babylon. Sodom and Gomorrah is an interesting part to consider in that Jesus in,Matthew 10:15 says that "on that day of judgment" it would be more bearable for them than those who did not receive those he sent out. Again in Zephaniah the mention of Sodom and Gomorrah, Zephaniah 2:9 is given of Moab and Ammon.

Now although much of this did happen beginning with Israel and then later Judah being taken into captivity by Babylon-Rome at the time Jesus made his comment in Matthew 10:15 there had been several nations mentioned that faced a day of judgment by God,but not the final day of judgment that Jesus referred to in Matthew 10:15 though as if as Genesis 15:16 where they had not yet met the full measure of sin and were later destroyed by the Hebrews after the exile. At the end of Zephaniah, Zephaniah 3:20-21 God says that they again would be regathered and be a name and a praise in the "earth" is that a complete destruction of earth as you see it or instead the beggining of the Mill.?
No! The day of the Lord is a specific time when God will pour out his wrath in conjunction with the return of Christ and the end of the age. Let's take look at one of the prophecies regarding the day of the Lord:

"Behold, the Day of the LORD is coming—cruel, with fury and burning anger—to make the earth a desolation and to destroy the sinners within it. For the stars of heaven and their constellations will not give their light. The sun will be darkened when it rises, and the moon will not give its light. - Isaiah 13:9

The above is regarding the "day of the Lord" and if you will notice, Isaiah's prophecy above matches Jesus description in Matthew 24:29 of one of the signs of His return to the earth to the end of the age:

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days: 'The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. - Matt.24:29

Like wise compare Isaiah 2:19-21 to the sixth seal in Rev.6:15-17

"Men will flee to caves in the rocks and to holes in the ground from dread of the Lord and the splendor of His majesty, when He rises to shake the earth. In that day men will throw away to the rodents and bats their idols of silver and idols of gold, which they made to worship. They will flee to caverns in the rocks and the overhanging crags from dread of the Lord and the splendor of His majesty when He rises to shake the earth." - Isaiah 2:19

"Then the kings of the earth, the nobles, the commanders, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and free man, hid in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains. And they said to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb. For the great day of Their wrath has come, and who is able to withstand it?” - Rev.6:15-17

In the above scriptures, Isaiah identifies the time of the events as being the day of the Lord. And in Matt.24:29 and Rev.6:15 we see the reference to the same events.

The events of God's wrath via the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments listed in Revelation from chapter 6 - 18 is a detailed account of the day of the Lord which was prophesied by Joel, Isaiah and other prophets.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
The three books you quote Isaiah,Zephaniah and Joel could in their context be also taken differently in that Meda in Issiah 13:17 did overthrow Babylon years later. In Acts 2:16 Peter said that at least a portion of Joel was taking place at Pentecost?
Below, Peter quotes the following regarding Joel:

In the last days, God says,
I will pour out My Spirit on all people; your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on My servants, both men and women, I will pour out My Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

Peter was simply quoting Joel and should have only included the above, because those things did happen. However, the following had not yet happened during Peter's time and in fact is still to take place:

I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and clouds of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

For example, Peter quotes Joel, which is the same prophecy found in Isaiah 13:9. Both Isaiah and Joel mention the same events, " For the stars of heaven and their constellations will not give their light. The sun will be darkened when it rises, and the moon will not give its light. If the events that Peter mentioned in quoting Joel were taking place during Peter's time, then why would they be written in the book of Revelation as being future events?

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days: ‘The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken."

The above is some of the signs that Jesus gave His disciples regarding the time of God's wrath leading up to the end of the age, which is what Joel and Isaiah had prophesied of and which have not yet taken place.

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
According to John 2:18 do you think the Antichrist could be on the earth right now?
I'm of a mind that the Antichrist is a spirit just as is all things that are part of God and God's manifesting creation's dual qualities. The Antichrist spirit is in my mind what I see operating contrary to righteousness and out in the open now. Whereas it was before hidden away, or in the closet, because right way thinking was paramount in its surrounds.
Now a paradigm shift has started and continues in the world. Like blocks being cast upon one another building a new house, a new paradigm. A new reality for us to view and navigate.

This is why I think the Antichrist when referred to or forewarned as being in the form of a man is the scribal translation meaning, in the form of mankind. Rather than as that figure of the individual male human.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Below, Peter quotes the following regarding Joel:

In the last days, God says,
I will pour out My Spirit on all people; your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on My servants, both men and women, I will pour out My Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

Peter was simply quoting Joel and should have only included the above, because those things did happen. However, the following had not yet happened during Peter's time and in fact is still to take place:

I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and clouds of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

For example, Peter quotes Joel, which is the same prophecy found in Isaiah 13:9. Both Isaiah and Joel mention the same events, " For the stars of heaven and their constellations will not give their light. The sun will be darkened when it rises, and the moon will not give its light. If the events that Peter mentioned in quoting Joel were taking place during Peter's time, then why would they be written in the book of Revelation as being future events?

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days: ‘The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken."

The above is some of the signs that Jesus gave His disciples regarding the time of God's wrath leading up to the end of the age, which is what Joel and Isaiah had prophesied of and which have not yet taken place.

Now your using the term "end of the age", (I agree with that wording) but you didn't use this before. In post #150 and #151 you did do you see "another age" (after) the end of the age you are referring to or it as final?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I'm of a mind that the Antichrist is a spirit just as is all things that are part of God and God's manifesting creation's dual qualities.
Dualism and Pantheism are definitely not Bible truth. So you should check where you got these concepts from. Dualism originated with Zoroastrianism. Pantheism comes from Eastern religions (Hinduism, etc.).

Also, the Antichrist is a man -- "the Man of Sin" -- not a mere spirit. And because he is totally under the control of Satan, he would also be possessed by Satan (who is a spirit being).

Before Judas Iscariot betrayed Christ, Satan entered into him. Thus he was called "the Son of Perdition" (Damnation). This exact same title is also applied to the Antichrist.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that Man of Sin be revealed, the Son of Perdition (2 Thess 2:3, where I have capitalized the titles).

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Now your using the term "end of the age", (I agree with that wording) but you didn't use this before. In post #150 and #151 you did do you see "another age" (after) the end of the age you are referring to or it as final?
Hello iamsoandso,

Whenever I am speaking about the wrath of God, it is always in conjunction with the end of the age. The next event to take place is going to be the gathering of the church. Following that will usher in the revealing of the antichrist who will make his seven year covenant which begins that last seven years in fulfillment of the seventy seven year periods that was decreed upon Israel and her holy city, Jerusalem as given in Dan.9:24-27. Therefore, when referring to the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments, the beast, his image, his mark, they will all take place during that seven year period which leads up to the Lord's return to end the age. It is after the 7th bowl judgment that God's wrath will be completed with Jesus returning at that time.

"I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues—last, because with them God’s wrath is completed.

"Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came from the throne in the temple, saying, “It is done!”

After the above takes place, Jesus returns to the earth to end the age and establish His millennial kingdom.

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
Dualism and Pantheism are definitely not Bible truth. So you should check where you got these concepts from. Dualism originated with Zoroastrianism. Pantheism comes from Eastern religions (Hinduism, etc.).

Also, the Antichrist is a man -- "the Man of Sin" -- not a mere spirit. And because he is totally under the control of Satan, he would also be possessed by Satan (who is a spirit being).

Before Judas Iscariot betrayed Christ, Satan entered into him. Thus he was called "the Son of Perdition" (Damnation). This exact same title is also applied to the Antichrist.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that Man of Sin be revealed, the Son of Perdition (2 Thess 2:3, where I have capitalized the titles).
I'm aware that there are many who imagine there is no such thing as duality in God's creation. Isaiah 45 speaks to the wrongness of that thought.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Hello iamsoandso,

Whenever I am speaking about the wrath of God, it is always in conjunction with the end of the age. The next event to take place is going to be the gathering of the church. Following that will usher in the revealing of the antichrist who will make his seven year covenant which begins that last seven years in fulfillment of the seventy seven year periods that was decreed upon Israel and her holy city, Jerusalem as given in Dan.9:24-27. Therefore, when referring to the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments, the beast, his image, his mark, they will all take place during that seven year period which leads up to the Lord's return to end the age. It is after the 7th bowl judgment that God's wrath will be completed with Jesus returning at that time.

"I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues—last, because with them God’s wrath is completed.

"Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came from the throne in the temple, saying, “It is done!”

After the above takes place, Jesus returns to the earth to end the age and establish His millennial kingdom.
I agree with the way you worded the vast majority of this...when the age is ended,and that kingdom set up.Matthew 12:32/ Luke 18:30,,,will the whole creations judgment have come or will the final judgment be in or after the next age?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Consider this...

Revelation 20:6,before the next age...
Revelation 19:20,,,before the next age...
Revelation 20:3,,,,after the next age...
Revelation 20:12-15,,,after the next age...

Mar 28, 2016
No! The day of the Lord is a specific time when God will pour out his wrath in conjunction with the return of Christ and the end of the age. Let's take look at one of the prophecies regarding the day of the Lord:

"Behold, the Day of the LORD is coming—cruel, with fury and burning anger—to make the earth a desolation and to destroy the sinners within it. For the stars of heaven and their constellations will not give their light. The sun will be darkened when it rises, and the moon will not give its light. - Isaiah 13:9
Yes, the end of the world, earth a desolation, along with the destruction of the sinners within it. The moon and the Sun under the feet of His chaste virgin bride, she is clothed with the righteous of Christ, as the church (Revelation 12)

He will come on the last day as a thief in the night (no drama) the day of the Lord is the stand point of the book of Revelation, the signified language that God uses to speak in parables (hiding the spiritual understand from those who walk by sight also called the hidden Mana )

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. The sun will be darkened when it rises, and the moon will not give its light.

The Isaiah verse you offered supports the no drama it is a picture of below.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.Revelation 21:23