Baptized as an infant meant nothing, they only got wet nothing more.
so you agree that H[SUB]2[/SUB]O immersion itself doesn't remit sins?
good!
Baptized as an infant meant nothing, they only got wet nothing more.
Personally, I believe, based upon what I see in scripture, that somebody who believes in Christ ought to be water baptized as soon as possible after having first believed. I mean, obviously the thief on the cross couldn't get water baptized, but he was literally buried shortly after believing which is what baptism signifies. Anyhow, I'm really not into this "splitting of hairs" that some here engage in regularly in relation to water baptism. IOW, whenever I share the gospel with anybody, I tell them that they should get water baptized after they've believed. If something hinders them from doing the same, even though it is in their heart to do so, and they die before being baptized, then I believe that they would be saved in that their baptism occurred in their heart, but simply wasn't yet manifested outwardly. At the same time, however, my own daughter, age 12, goes to church every Sunday, youth group every Friday night, helps out teaching younger children in another group every Wednesday night, reads her Bible, has "quiet time" daily...and refuses to be water baptized. I've spoken to her about the same on a few different occasions and my own personal observation and/or belief in regard to her is this:When is the moment of salvation? At the moment someone proclaims Jesus as Lord and Savior or baptism, be it infant or believers?
When is the moment of salvation? At the moment someone proclaims Jesus as Lord and Savior or baptism, be it infant or believers?
i never have and never will tell anyone they should not be baptized in H[SUB]2[/SUB]O.
but i always will maintain that just as it is not circumcision of the flesh, by humans hands, but circumcision of the heart, by the hand of God, it is not baptism of the flesh, in H[SUB]2[/SUB]O, by human hands - it is baptism of the Spirit, by the hand of our Lord.
i'm not trying to 'do away' with anything except false teaching and false faith in our own works.
there is only one baptism that saves. the one who receives this will certainly be moved to perform the like figure of it and should never be prevented, but even if he were, who can separate us?
Personally, I believe, based upon what I see in scripture, that somebody who believes in Christ ought to be water baptized as soon as possible after having first believed. I mean, obviously the thief on the cross couldn't get water baptized, but he was literally buried shortly after believing which is what baptism signifies. Anyhow, I'm really not into this "splitting of hairs" that some here engage in regularly in relation to water baptism. IOW, whenever I share the gospel with anybody, I tell them that they should get water baptized after they've believed. If something hinders them from doing the same, even though it is in their heart to do so, and they die before being baptized, then I believe that they would be saved in that their baptism occurred in their heart, but simply wasn't yet manifested outwardly. At the same time, however, my own daughter, age 12, goes to church every Sunday, youth group every Friday night, helps out teaching younger children in another group every Wednesday night, reads her Bible, has "quiet time" daily...and refuses to be water baptized. I've spoken to her about the same on a few different occasions and my own personal observation and/or belief in regard to her is this:
As outwardly "religious" as she presently is, she's never truly given her life to the Lord and her refusal to be water baptized is but one of many evidences of the same.
When I got saved?
I was ready to do a swan dive off of a building and into the river if need be. Having previously been a world class rebel, I was and still am more than willing to obey the One Whom I call "Lord" and said obedience included my own water baptism.
When Jesus went to Zaccheus' house, he had a change of heart. Jesus said
''Today salvation has come to this house.'' He had not been baptised in water.
I think that puts it in its true perspective
Thank you, Brother. I'm with you on this!![]()
Many people are baptized as infants then confirm their baptism at the age of accountability.
Thoughts?
The only baptism man can administer and was commanded by the Lord to do was H[SUB]2[/SUB]O immersion.
so you agree that H[SUB]2[/SUB]O immersion itself doesn't remit sins?
good!
![]()
When Jesus went to Zaccheus' house, he had a change of heart. Jesus said
''Today salvation has come to this house.'' He had not been baptised in water.
I think that puts it in its true perspective
When Jesus went to Zaccheus' house, he had a change of heart. Jesus said
''Today salvation has come to this house.'' He had not been baptised in water.
I think that puts it in its true perspective
Yes because the way to salvation did come into that house that day, it still does not make it a physical possession or else all of these would contradict;
.
Obviously you are putting words in my mouth that I never said.
Acts 2:38 says baptism is for the remission of sins. Infants have no sins to be remitted so they are not candidates for baptism. For those that do have sins then they are candidates for baptism and must be baptized if they are to have their sins remitted.
nuts, i thought the light of Truth had finally dawned on you =\
David said he was sinful at birth, even at conception. (Psalm 51:5)
why does it sound like you are calling him a liar again?
(this wouldn't be the first time, see 'instrumental music thread')
Water baptism in the name of the Lord for remission of sins was not part of the OT law that Zacchaeus lived under, QUOTE]
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Cornelius and his household lived under the new covenant.
A man is powerfully convicted of his sin by the Holy Spirit. He sinks to his knees, tears streaming down his cheeks and begs God to forgive him his sins. He asks Christ into his life as Lord and Saviour. What will God say?
''I will forgive you, but not yet, only when you have been baptised''
Doesn't sound right to me
for sure!
but another false teaching would be telling others that man can administer salvation, wouldn't you agree?
in that case we would deny Christ, and make the cross out to be nothing.
that is what i think obedient H[SUB]2[/SUB]O baptism without recognizing it as only a symbol of the actual baptism that secures our redemption is.
not trying to get rid of what was given to the apostles to do. just trying to make sure right knowledge and understanding are not left behind![]()
Yes but some put to much emphasis on the cross itself, and not what was done on the cross.
They make the cross into an idol by doing so, as it is not the cross itself that did anything.