The Apostles taught Infant Baptism!

  • Thread starter Thread starter yogosans14
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Your judging them off of some anti catholic website probabaly. And I may be foolish but I believe God is leading to me the Catholic Church. I've already made arrangements to convert with the Priest. Idk why everyone here is so scared of Catholicism, its not like everyone's bowing to statues during mass...

Nope, don't use web sights.
Catholicism leads people to hell.
There is no salvation in their teaching.
 
FIRST QUOTE: "The Church received from the apostles the tradition of giving baptism even to infants. The apostles, to whom were committed the secrets of the divine sacraments, knew there are in everyone innate strains of [original] sin, which must be washed away through water and the Spirit" (Commentaries on Romans 5:9 [A.D. 248]).


These are not the Apostles of the New Testament. And this quote/comment has not one thing to do with Romans 5:9)

Romans 5:9 .) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.


Given this, why should we believe any of the rest of your commentaries........they are right out of the RCC school of ideology are they not?

Nope, don't use web sights.
Catholicism leads people to hell.
There is no salvation in their teaching.

So If I convert I'll go to Hell?what about all the Catholics before the reformation period?
 
No I have not been, BUT I have studied what they teach and practice and it is contray to the Bible.

I was raised in the Catholic Church and I was baptized as an infant. It certainly had no meaning for me as a baby. When I was an adult I learned that much of what the Catholic Church teaches is tradition and man made doctrines. I severed ties with the Catholic Church and when I was baptized again it was a joyous occasion for myself and my Christian congregation. On that day I dedicated my life to Christ and not to a church that my parents picked out for me.
 
So If I convert I'll go to Hell?what about all the Catholics before the reformation period?

I know Catholics who distinguish between being Catholic and Christian.....they do not teach the truth at the end of the day no matter how you slice and dice it.....they worship Mary, statues, bone fragments, teeth, hair and make a mockery of Jesus, the Lord's supper, the word of God and to think that someone can buy the right to sin (indulgences) is about as moronic and lacking in intelligence as the rocks in my driveway!<----No where does the bible teach such activities........!
 
I believe that what is called "infant baptism" was practiced very early among christians, including in the NT times. However, I do not agree with the roman catholic teaching on baptism.
 
Except Peter baptized the "entire household" of Cornelius.
And we have to read that scripture with the glasses of that time and environment. Not with modern anachronistic glasses.."oh, women and children really had a say, they could choose between do and not do". If the head of the family was baptized, guess what: all those in his household followed him.
 
FIRST QUOTE: "The Church received from the apostles the tradition of giving baptism even to infants. The apostles, to whom were committed the secrets of the divine sacraments, knew there are in everyone innate strains of [original] sin, which must be washed away through water and the Spirit" (Commentaries on Romans 5:9 [A.D. 248]).


These are not the Apostles of the New Testament. And this quote/comment has not one thing to do with Romans 5:9)

Romans 5:9 .) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.


Given this, why should we believe any of the rest of your commentaries........they are right out of the RCC school of ideology are they not?

I was raised in the Catholic Church and I was baptized as an infant. It certainly had no meaning for me as a baby. When I was an adult I learned that much of what the Catholic Church teaches is tradition and man made doctrines. I severed ties with the Catholic Church and when I was baptized again it was a joyous occasion for myself and my Christian congregation. On that day I dedicated my life to Christ and not to a church that my parents picked out for me.

Maybe you weren't catechized properly.
 
Cornelius' whole house no doubt believed. There is no case of people who are not conscious and who were forced into the water whether they agreed with it or not.
 
Cornelius' whole house no doubt believed. There is no case of people who are not conscious and who were forced into the water whether they agreed with it or not.
So with "conscious" you mean that one has to give some sort of intellectual consent in order to be qualified for baptism? I have used the same argument before when I advocated "believers baptism", however finally I was convinced of its flaws.
 
So with "conscious" you mean that one has to give some sort of intellectual consent in order to be qualified for baptism? I have used the same argument before when I advocated "believers baptism", however finally I was convinced of its flaws.

Well, I don't see any example in Scripture where they baptized when they didn't believe yet. Man made history is a sham. The Word of God is not. That is where the rubber meets the road here.
 
Cornelius and all his house feared God (Acts 10:2).
I for one would not dispute that.

Well, I don't see any example in Scripture where they baptized when they didn't believe yet. Man made history is a sham. The Word of God is not. That is where the rubber meets the road here.
But with "belief" you mean to give intellectual consent and articulate what you believe properly?
 
But there were also false prophets among the people,
just as there will be false teachers among you.

(2 Peter 2:1)


 
most babies born in first-world countries are actually washed with H[SUB]2[/SUB]O in the first minutes of their entering the world.

i don't see any evidence in the scriptures that doing so is in any way effective for cleaning their souls . . ?

 
I for one would not dispute that.

But with "belief" you mean to give intellectual consent and articulate what you believe properly?

Again, I need evidence in Scripture to prove infant baptism or this conversation is not going to go anywhere fast, my friend.