D
DesiredHaven
Guest
You don't think God was with you, at your most vulnerable time in life, being an infant? You don't think God was with you as you were the focal point of the baptism sacrament? You don't think God was with you as your then church family beared witness to your baptism and proclaimed in His name that they would raise you in the Word?
On another note, I couldn't care less if people agree with me or not, that's not why I'm here. I'm here to learn, share and glorify God. God was glorified at your baptism; don't think for a second God was not in attendance. No, my sister, something much more happened on that day than you just getting wet.
Sorry, I disagree,
Paul is just asking if they had even received the Holy Ghost when they BELIEVED here
Acst 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye BELIEVED?
And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Why did Paul go on to tell them how they just slapped God in the face? And how they must be faithless for thinking God was not with them at their most vulnerable etc etc etc.
They even BELEIVED
Acts 19:3And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
They were water baptized, John prepared the way before Christ,
Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
They THEN believed on him that should come after, even Christ Jesus (who would baptize with the Holy Ghost and fire)
Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
I dont really respond to emotional type appeals in these kinds of things.
Men of God should teach the scriptures and not do that otherwise I will reject your knowledge if your instruction amounts to nothing more then that.