THE ATHIEST AGENDA

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cobalt1959

Feb 10, 2019
You cannot equate the theory of evolution by natural selection with a form of political indoctrination. Evolution is the most studied, verified, evidenced scientific theory in the history of this planet. And that's what it is: science. It's not a political argument. It's not a belief system. It is an explanation for a plethora of scientific facts.

That isn't politics.
Since God created science in the first place, and evolution scientists attempt to solve the problems of science through a deliberate exclusion of God, and His part in the scientific process, then no, it is not actual science, because they are missing an essential component. Therefore, they can never actually reconcile any scientific problem completely.

The Theory of Evolution is filled with political components. To deny that is to not understand the underlying goal of the theory itself. Evolution is also a religion, followed fervently, and militantly by it's adherents. And despite their years of studies and endless hypothesis, it is still just . . . a theory. That's why it is still called a theory. It is by no means proven, and it cannot be repeated in a laboratory.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Kaylagirl, Noose, there is clearly no shared grounding in scientific methodology that would enable us to continue any meaningful discussion on either evolution by natural selection or evolutionary linguistics.

Any more chatter between us on the topics is relatively pointless.
What does science have to do with the inspired word of God? Does the Bible not trump science? Is not God the creator of the universe or do you think like an atheist that man created God? How can you claim to be saved if you do not accept that Jesus is lord of all, from creation till today? Is education your God? Inquiring minds want to know.

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
Ohm, in all the millions of fossels found, in every continent in the world, they still have not found the missing link. They have said they have, but each "missing link" turns out to be a hoax. There is such a thing as "adaptation" but there is no evolution. Evolution doesn't make any sense, and it doesn't answer the simplest questions
If you and I were to take a set of photographs spaced one second apart, of a person walking across the street, we would clearly see the progression of their steps across the street, and realize the correlation between the starting point and the ending point. The same is true of the fossil record. Fossils are "snapshots" of moments in history, and by looking at how those progress from the deepest points in the Earth's crust to the shallowest (from the oldest to the newest), we see a progression from very simple life, to very complex life. It is concluded then that changes occurred over time in order to lead to this increased complexity.

The fact that we do not have more frequent pictures, does not invalidate that we have a start point and an end point which show a natural progression towards more complex life, ergo, it does not disprove evolutionary theory. It's simply that we haven't found some of the fossils yet.

If I gave you three of the pictures of the person crossing the street, you would still be able to conclude they were crossing the street, even though you don't have the other two photographs. Likewise, even though we don't have every fossil from every animal that ever existed (this may even be impossible for a variety of logistical and practical reasons), this does not mean that the theory is disproved. It just means we haven't found all the photographs yet.

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
What does science have to do with the inspired word of God? Does the Bible not trump science? Is not God the creator of the universe or do you think like an atheist that man created God? How can you claim to be saved if you do not accept that Jesus is lord of all, from creation till today? Is education your God? Inquiring minds want to know.
Science merely observes, experiments with and interprets factual information to form theories that explain natural processes. It's not a philosophy or a theology.

Jul 22, 2019
They are trying to stop or limit us. They want to force us to accept their concepts of reality and morality and abandon our own they think our belief in intelligent creation is unrealistic while forcing the big bang theory and evolution onto our children. Can the entire universe and all forms of life be a 40 billion year old cosmic accident? From the vacum of space?It all seems to work very well considering.

Atheist is a contraction that means Anti-God, similar to, amoral or asexual.
Take heart, they cannot stop GOD or GOD's plan, No one can force you to give up your morality and food for thought the "theory" of Noah's ark holds more scientific validity due to present "fact" that our earth requires water and a multitude of species that each contribute to maintaining the earths atmosphere and without this balance we would face extintion. Whereas other theories proclaim life and procreation of life was possible without water or this delicate balance.
Atheists are not the ones you should be angry at, they are no more or less than lost souls that you need to shine your light upon.
As for the children I'm afraid that's where our own religious leaders have failed us; by removing Satan and the demons from the teachings, by implying that Satan is no longer a threat or perhaps doesn't even exsist.
These teachings have allowed Satan and his demons to run amuck. They are everywhere and the continued exposure they present has indeed created an acceptance and familiarity in these last 2 generations of mankind. Most young Christians don't even know who Jesus saved us from.
TV is a perfect example of a platform Satan is using to desensitize people today: The show Lucifer portrays Satan as just a poor angel doing what his overbearing father told him to and that is why he's rebelling, The show Subrina from the Archie comics is a horrific plot where a teenage girl (witch) believes she can somehow save her family by signing her soul over to the Devil, The show Supernatural portrays 2 brothers who in many aspects play a "savior of the earth" role battling evil and attempting to stop armageddon and Heavens and hells interference in human lives. Not to mention that the sparkling "blood drinking" demons did not choose there lot and are simply misunderstood and only kill bad people. There is even a character on a cartoon that is called demon who struggles with decisions of right vs wrong.
Ephesians 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. 11 And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. 12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”
Revelation 12 clearly states Satan is indeed a threat to earth after Christ's sacrifice.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Science merely observes, experiments with and interprets factual information to form theories that explain natural processes. It's not a philosophy or a theology.
You seem to be choosing science over the Bible. Becoming a Christian isn't like joining a club. Is God the creator or not? Is Jesus his son or not? Is the Bibli the word of God or not?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Abortion for the purpose of birth control is murder for the sake of sex. Sexual misbehavior like fornication, adultery and homosexuality are equals.

lolo4

May 17, 2019
If you and I were to take a set of photographs spaced one second apart, of a person walking across the street, we would clearly see the progression of their steps across the street, and realize the correlation between the starting point and the ending point. The same is true of the fossil record. Fossils are "snapshots" of moments in history, and by looking at how those progress from the deepest points in the Earth's crust to the shallowest (from the oldest to the newest), we see a progression from very simple life, to very complex life. It is concluded then that changes occurred over time in order to lead to this increased complexity.

The fact that we do not have more frequent pictures, does not invalidate that we have a start point and an end point which show a natural progression towards more complex life, ergo, it does not disprove evolutionary theory. It's simply that we haven't found some of the fossils yet.

If I gave you three of the pictures of the person crossing the street, you would still be able to conclude they were crossing the street, even though you don't have the other two photographs. Likewise, even though we don't have every fossil from every animal that ever existed (this may even be impossible for a variety of logistical and practical reasons), this does not mean that the theory is disproved. It just means we haven't found all the photographs yet.
The theory of evolution doesn't make any sense. At what point did creatures develop eyes or ears or mouths? their brains would need to have the ability to use all of these at the same time they were evolved. It could not have been a slow progression.. and did they develop any of their limbs all of a sudden, or one at a time, or as buds that required many more generations of mutations before it was complete. Were the limbs or organs in the evolving creatures useless and a burden? Then how could that make anything the fittest?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Take heart, they cannot stop GOD or GOD's plan, No one can force you to give up your morality and food for thought the "theory" of Noah's ark holds more scientific validity due to present "fact" that our earth requires water and a multitude of species that each contribute to maintaining the earths atmosphere and without this balance we would face extintion. Whereas other theories proclaim life and procreation of life was possible without water or this delicate balance.
Atheists are not the ones you should be angry at, they are no more or less than lost souls that you need to shine your light upon.
As for the children I'm afraid that's where our own religious leaders have failed us; by removing Satan and the demons from the teachings, by implying that Satan is no longer a threat or perhaps doesn't even exsist.
These teachings have allowed Satan and his demons to run amuck. They are everywhere and the continued exposure they present has indeed created an acceptance and familiarity in these last 2 generations of mankind. Most young Christians don't even know who Jesus saved us from.
TV is a perfect example of a platform Satan is using to desensitize people today: The show Lucifer portrays Satan as just a poor angel doing what his overbearing father told him to and that is why he's rebelling, The show Subrina from the Archie comics is a horrific plot where a teenage girl (witch) believes she can somehow save her family by signing her soul over to the Devil, The show Supernatural portrays 2 brothers who in many aspects play a "savior of the earth" role battling evil and attempting to stop armageddon and Heavens and hells interference in human lives. Not to mention that the sparkling "blood drinking" demons did not choose there lot and are simply misunderstood and only kill bad people. There is even a character on a cartoon that is called demon who struggles with decisions of right vs wrong.
Ephesians 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. 11 And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. 12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”
Revelation 12 clearly states Satan is indeed a threat to earth after Christ's sacrifice.
The only place where I would disagree with you is the word theory in regards to Noah' ark. After about a year afloat in brackish water a wooden hulled vessel would have disintegrated within a few centuries on land. Unless it was made from petrified wood. (Which is like cutting steel and dosn't float.) It eats through iron and concrete.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The theory of evolution doesn't make any sense. At what point did creatures develop eyes or ears or mouths? their brains would need to have the ability to use all of these at the same time they were evolved. It could not have been a slow progression.. and did they develop any of their limbs all of a sudden, or one at a time, or as buds that required many more generations of mutations before it was complete. Were the limbs or organs in the evolving creatures useless and a burden? Then how could that make anything the fittest?
The concept of irreducible complexity (IC) has become an important tool in intelligent design theory. One of the best examples of IC is the design of the animal eye. Eyes are critical because, for the ‘vast majority of animals’, vision is their ‘most important link to the world’. Darwin vividly recognized the problem of eye evolution and the serious impediment that it was for his theory.

Advanced vision appears almost at the very beginning of the fossil record. The oldest eye in the fossil record, that of a trilobite, is a very complex faceted compound eye that ‘dates’ back to the Cambrian, conventionally dated about 540 million years ago. The fossil evidence shows that from the beginning of the fossil record eyes are very complex, highly developed structures.

The evolution of the eye has always been a dilemma for evolutionists from Darwin’s time to the present. Although Darwin, Richard Dawkins and other evolutionists have tried to explain how an eye could evolve, their solutions are clearly unsatisfactory. Many kinds of eyes exist, but no progression of eye designs from simple to complex can be produced in the natural or fossil world. Furthermore, the simplest ‘eye’, the eyespot, is not an eye but pigmented cells used for phototaxis; yet even it requires an enormously complex mechanism in order to function as a vision system. More here.

:)

Jul 30, 2019
Hi Gang! Atheist here (a curious one, not an antagonistic one..), I've read this thread with interest, and the consensus seems to be that I'm bound for hell fire, so, for the sake of dialogue, how would you go about convincing me to get on board with my own salvation? Cheers!

Jul 22, 2019
Hi Gang! Atheist here (a curious one, not an antagonistic one..), I've read this thread with interest, and the consensus seems to be that I'm bound for hell fire, so, for the sake of dialogue, how would you go about convincing me to get on board with my own salvation? Cheers!
Pray, simple and direct conversation, ask questions, see what you feel. If you are moved in any way enjoy your journey.

Jul 30, 2019
I did plenty of praying in my youth and, if I'm honest, never felt a thing. If God wanted me to he could have willed it no?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I did plenty of praying in my youth and, if I'm honest, never felt a thing. If God wanted me to he could have willed it no?
God desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth :)

Jesus also said He would draw all men to Himself, and it is promised
in Scripture, that if you seek, diligently, and sincerely, you will find.

That promise certainly came true for me :)

God also knows nobody is truly seeking Him. The natural man is at enmity with God.
Naturally rebellious toward Him. However, if you are seeking truth, praise God
when you find it embodied in the Person of Jesus Christ.

Jul 30, 2019
and that truth is, I expect, that there is one lord and Jesus was his son who died for our sins?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
and that truth is, I expect, that there is one lord and Jesus was his son who died for our sins?
Yes, indeed :) (I added to my previous message, and already answered this question - in part :D )

Jul 30, 2019
i see, so because i'm not 'tuned in' to god i can't hear? What are these things that the spirit provides, if you don't mind my asking..? (this isn't a Socratic trap btw, I'm genuinely interested..!)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
i see, so because i'm not 'tuned in' to god i can't hear? What are these things that the spirit provides, if you don't mind my asking..? (this isn't a Socratic trap btw, I'm genuinely interested..!)
God is certainly capable of breaking through your natural interference. The sun is ever shining, but your thinking is clouded, and blocks the Son, as it were. The process of seeking helps loosen some of the deeply held convictions you have built up in your mind that oppose that which you ought to be seeking. If you truly believe that there is no ultimate Truth, though, why would you seek it? You have to be willing to admit you could be wrong.

Jul 30, 2019
ok, well one I would say, is that, from my perspective, saying things like, there is only one god and Jesus is his son who died for our sins, or 'things from the spirit of god' don't mean anything to me, since I don't believe in those things. I wonder why if Jesus died for our sins, we can still go to Hell? What about those who lived before him? Why would Christians 'believe' Jesus but then not believe Mohammed? Why would God have to sacrifice his son/himself (sort of, after all he was resurrected!) for our sins? If God is all powerful couldn't he have just forgiven those sins in the first place without kicking the crap out of Jesus/himself?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Close. God the father is the creator and Lord above all. Lord means more than God it also means master, ruler and is a reference to royalty. Jesus is his son who died for the sins of all who will accept and receive him. He to is called Lord. He is Lord to all who accept and receive him. The Holy Spirit is the Gift that changes us into being more like Jesus. Jesus is comming back for us and for us death of the body is like sleep and when he returns he will restore us to better than before.