The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
:rolleyes: ... no it doesn't. The unbelief of mankind does not in any way, shape, or form cause any failure on the part of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The offering of the Lord Jesus Christ is more than sufficient to cover all the sin of all mankind ... all Adam's descendants.

That some reject that which God has so graciously provided does not mean "Christ's Death failed !"

:rolleyes: ... you speak out of both sides of your mouth, brightfame52.

On the one hand you state: God delivers "from bondage, and captivity to sin, which unbelief/disobedience is"

and on the other hand you state: "those He died for do not have to believe it, accept itor do anything but continue being ungodly sinners"

so, are we delivered "from bondage, and captivity to sin, which unbelief/disobedience is"? ...

or can we reject God because we "do not have to believe it, accept itor do anything but continue being ungodly sinners"?

What Jesus told the believing Jews in the presence of the unbelieving Jews:

John 8:31-32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

then the unbelieving Jews started arguing with Jesus and Jesus made the statement "if the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed".

stop with your lie that the Lord Jesus Christ failed or that the purpose of God failed.

Here's what Jesus said in John 8:24, brightfame52:

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

So the One Who died for the whole world also said if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins.

What the Lord Jesus Christ did not say is "if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins and My death failed the purpose of God" as you claim. So just stop with your outrageous lies about the Lord Jesus Christ and the purpose of God.

READ YOUR BIBLE!!!
Christs death redeems them He died for from all iniquity, like unbelief etc Yet you dont believe !

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I did. Your pride wouldn't let you not respond.

While you are largely correct doctrinally, your presentation leads people to miss your message because they reject the messenger.

I don't mean this criticism destructively. But apart from love we are all just clanging cymbals.
Makes for a lot of noise...

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
"those God so Loved" ...

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

lie of the adversary ...

:rolleyes: ... the false teacher is the one who claims "Christ's death came to nought, it was defeated"

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
The Truth is however that those God so Loved and gave His Only Begotten in behalf of, it was for the purpose of effecting or giving them Life, that they may live [Spiritually unto God] through or because of Him.

Mar 23, 2016
I think we are on the same page.
yup ... and I appreciate your thoughts on God's sovereignty ... "His sovereignty is more pronounced that He is able to accomplish all of His will and plans even in the face of man’s freedom to choose" ... reminds me of records in Scripture where God uses negative circumstances to bring about His purposes ... or all the prophecies that were fulfilled at the first coming of our Lord Jesus Christ ... even His crucifixion taking place at the appointed time (Passover) ... and the promise of the Father on day of Pentecost ... amazing!!!

Mar 23, 2016
Christs death redeems them He died for from all iniquity, like unbelief etc Yet you dont believe !
not an answer, brightfame52 ...

On the one hand you state: God delivers "from bondage, and captivity to sin, which unbelief/disobedience is"

and on the other hand you state: "those He died for do not have to believe it, accept itor do anything but continue being ungodly sinners"

so, are we delivered "from bondage, and captivity to sin, which unbelief/disobedience is"? ...

or can we reject God because we "do not have to believe it, accept itor do anything but continue being ungodly sinners"?

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
not an answer, brightfame52 ...

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
His death must cause or give life !2

Those Jesus Christ died for are purposed to live through or because of Him, because of Gods so great of Love for them. This Truth is confirmed in Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ
, (by grace ye are saved )

Because of His Great Love wherewith He so Loved us Jn 3:16, even as and when we were dead sinners, He quickened us [The church] togehter with Christ, meaning gave us Life. See that word quickened syzōopoieō means:

1. to make one alive together
    1. to cause to live, make alive, give life

This is how and why we live through Him as stated in 1 Jn 4:9

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
      Also lets read Peters Testimony of the same thing in 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Thats because as Paul wrote " hath quickened us together with Christ" Eph 2:5 !

Now the word BY in 1 Pet 1:3 and the word through in 1 Jn 4:9, they're the same word, the prep dia which means:
      1. the ground or reason by which something is or is not done
        1. by reason of
        2. on account of
        3. because of for this reason
        4. therefore
        5. on this account

We Live [Spiritually] on account of Christ ! 49

Mar 23, 2016
Because of His Great Love wherewith He so Loved us Jn 3:16, even as and when we were dead sinners, He quickened us [The church] togehter with Christ, meaning gave us Life.
According to John 3:16 (referenced in your statement), the Lord Jesus Christ died for the whole world ... all descendants of Adam.

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

However, only the whosoever believeth do not perish. It is the whosoever believeth which comprise [The church].

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
According to John 3:16 (referenced in your statement), the Lord Jesus Christ died for the whole world ... all descendants of Adam.

However, only the whosoever believeth do not perish. It is the whosoever believeth which comprise [The church].
His death must cause or give life