The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Peter tells us that David had not ascended to heaven yet. So, he wasn't among the saints that rose up at that time. Acts 2:34.
Acts 2 is affirming what Matthew said about the saints, not denying it for in Acts 35 it tells us that David was not ascended (David only slept) to heaven through Christ David's enemies (death by sin) will be made a footstool for him.

Acts 2:34 “‘The Lord said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand 35 until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”’

Mar 23, 2016
He died for all [ the called or chosen or church] that [in order that] they which live [ spiritually] should henceforth [ no longer, no more] live unto themselves, but [ nevertheless , rather] unto Him which died for them, and rose again.
Again you rip a verse out of its context in order to claim what is not in Scripture.

2 Corinthians 5:

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

All descendants of Adam are dead:

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned

The Lord Jesus Christ died for all mankind and the love that He exhibited in dying for all mankind ... even those who crucified Him (Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do - Luke 23:34) ... that same love is to be evident in life of the born again believer. We do not withhold the love of Christ from anyone.

2 Corinthians 5:

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Those who are born again are a new creation in Christ and God has committed to us the ministry of reconciliation. We go out into the world ... not imputing their trespasses unto them ... and we preach the gospel to all mankind. We do not withhold the gospel from someone because we deem them as "not elect". What a farce!

brightfame52 said:
So the very death of Christ, produces in them He died for, a life of self sacrifice, and living unto Him, the crucified life.
Not a true statement. The Lord Jesus Christ died for all mankind and there are some who do not come to faith because they hold [restrain, suppress] the truth in unrighteousness (Rom 1:18). Those who do not come to faith do not live a life of self sacrifice, nor do they live unto the Lord Jesus Christ.

Additionally, there are some who are born again who live a carnal life ... they are spoken of in 1 Cor 3:

1 Corinthians 3:2-3 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Reading further in 1 Cor 3, we find that If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss:but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire (1 Cor 3:15). So we have born again believers who are carnal and "walk as men" but who are still saved. These carnal believers also do not live a life of self sacrifice unto the Lord Jesus Christ.

Mar 23, 2016
reneweddaybyday said:
I believe Scripture.

What is submitted in Post #52 is a mishmash of random verses from Scripture, coupled with run-on sentence structure, and ending in multiple negation. yeesh ...
I used scripture in post 52, did you see it ? Please tell me what it is !
of course I saw it. There is 1 verse which you quoted verbatim and that is what I spoke of when I said "I believe Scripture".

however, you then provided your own private interpretation in your "commentary" concerning the verse. In your "commentary" you mashed up other verses in Scripture in a long run-on sentence which ended in multiple negation.

Just stick with Scripture and you're fine. However, your mash-up coupled with your run-on sentence structure and multiple negation renders your submitted post meaningless. And your dogma is not in alignment with Scripture.

Read your Bible!!!

Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

Apr 26, 2021
Acts 2 is affirming what Matthew said about the saints, not denying it for in Acts 35 it tells us that David was not ascended (David only slept) to heaven through Christ David's enemies (death by sin) will be made a footstool for him.

Acts 2:34 “‘The Lord said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand 35 until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”’
Not sure what you're trying to "clarify" here, but okay. I think you said that all saints had risen up
This was not the general resurrection of the saints. That will be in the future. Nothing more is mentioned about the few that were resurrected at that time, so it would be unwise to speculate.
Searching out one's speculation in the scriptures leads to enlightenment whether affirmed or disproved. Either way. Never stop speculating and searching.

Apr 26, 2021

Not sure what you're trying to "clarify" here, but okay.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Again you rip a verse out of its context in order to claim what is not in Scripture.

2 Corinthians 5:

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

All descendants of Adam are dead:

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned

The Lord Jesus Christ died for all mankind and the love that He exhibited in dying for all mankind ... even those who crucified Him (Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do - Luke 23:34) ... that same love is to be evident in life of the born again believer. We do not withhold the love of Christ from anyone.

2 Corinthians 5:

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Those who are born again are a new creation in Christ and God has committed to us the ministry of reconciliation. We go out into the world ... not imputing their trespasses unto them ... and we preach the gospel to all mankind. We do not withhold the gospel from someone because we deem them as "not elect". What a farce!

Not a true statement. The Lord Jesus Christ died for all mankind and there are some who do not come to faith because they hold [restrain, suppress] the truth in unrighteousness (Rom 1:18). Those who do not come to faith do not live a life of self sacrifice, nor do they live unto the Lord Jesus Christ.

Additionally, there are some who are born again who live a carnal life ... they are spoken of in 1 Cor 3:

1 Corinthians 3:2-3 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Reading further in 1 Cor 3, we find that If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss:but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire (1 Cor 3:15). So we have born again believers who are carnal and "walk as men" but who are still saved. These carnal believers also do not live a life of self sacrifice unto the Lord Jesus Christ.
You cant receive biblical teaching.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
of course I saw it. There is 1 verse which you quoted verbatim and that is what I spoke of when I said "I believe Scripture".

however, you then provided your own private interpretation in your "commentary" concerning the verse. In your "commentary" you mashed up other verses in Scripture in a long run-on sentence which ended in multiple negation.

Just stick with Scripture and you're fine. However, your mash-up coupled with your run-on sentence structure and multiple negation renders your submitted post meaningless. And your dogma is not in alignment with Scripture.

Read your Bible!!!

Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
Evasion and rabbit trail !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Redemption provides New Birth !

One of the reasons why Christ came to this earth, was to be made under the Law, for His Members [ of His Body] in order to redeem them from the curse of the Law, and that they may receive the Adoption of Sons !

Gal 4:4-5

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

That is to receive the Spirit of Adoption. Rom 8:15

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

This Spirit is given Sovereignly to all Christ redeemed with His blood, simply, all for whom He died !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Made of a women for who ?

Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

The objects of redemption when Christ was made of a women, that is, when He was made Flesh and Blood, it was not for all of mankind, but for the seed of Abraham per Heb 2:14-16

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

His Flesh and Blood Identification, when made under the Law, born of a women [ The virgin birth] was limited to a certain segment of mankind, the seed of Abraham.

And this seed, was not limited to a certain segment of mankind, as the jews may have thought, but it consisted in all who would believe in Christ, jew or gentile Gal 3:2916

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So, Christ was made under the Law, born of a women, to Redeem the seed of Abraham, all those who should believe in Him through the Spirit of adoption !

Redemption secures unto Christ believers in Him [of the seed of Abraham], by the Working of the Spirit of Adoption !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
In being made of a woman and made under law, He took on the seed of Abraham and not the seed of mankind in general, for all mankind is not the Seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Now in taking on the seed of Abraham, Paul says that He was made sin for us !

2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us [The seed of Abraham], who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Who are the us in 2 Cor 5:21 that Paul is referring to ? Is it all mankind without exception ? No it is not. Let us examine the scripture to find the answer. " When the fulness of time had come, God sent forth His own Son [meaning He was God's Son before Mary's Son], made of a women, made under the law, to redeem [ not to make redemption possible] them [ His members, His body] that were under the Law [Limited redemption]that [in order that] they may receive the adoption of Sons.

Now coming as such [ under the law] He came and took upon Him the seed of Abraham. The seed of Abraham is a chosen people !

Ps 105:6

O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.

Isa 41:8

But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

So its plain that He came and Identified with and to redeem a Chosen People, and not the whole world of mankind.

In taking on the seed of Abraham, He took on all their Transgressions, and died for their sins !

Isa 53:4-11

4 Surely he hath borne our [seed of Abraham] griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed [The seed of Abraham], he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many [The seed of Abraham]; for he shall bear their [The seed of Abraham] iniquities.

1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our [The seed of Abraham] sins according to the scriptures;

Yes, in all places above where we see the pronouns our, us, we, their, it refers to the Seed of Abraham !

Lets not forget it is written that He took on the seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Rom 5:11

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.
yes the ot explains the purpose of atonement by blood , it is required that a living soul die , for sin . Because God said sin is death .

so the blood of the atonement covers the sin of the people , it purchases thier soul from death . Death owns every sinner because God said that

This is a recurring statement that to sin is to die from Adam forward

“Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭18:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the atonement is for this reason

“For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭17:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a sacrifice of innocent or “ spotless” life must die to cover the sinners action or else the sinner must die. Gods word has to be true so to save us , he gave us atonement a pattern with animal blood in the ot and the reality in Christ

the thing is we can also do spite to his bloodshed for us and reap terrible judgement of we reject repentance and we can do this if we aren’t humble with open ears and hear the warnings about remaining steadfast in the faith

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:26-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

note beong sanctified by the blood doesnt guarantee one will not turn and defile what was done we have to repent as we hear the truth still too

he has done his part for us made it possible now we have to cling to the faith he left for us to take up and walk by

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
More on the accomplishment of the Atonement !

In taking on the seed of Abraham, being made sin for us, what does this mean ? Does it mean that He actually became sin , as I understand some believe ? No, not at all; but what it does mean is that He became our sin offering, by bearing our sins Isa 53:11-12

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

The word bare in this verse is the hebrew word
nasa' and means:

to cause one to bear (iniquity)

To receive the punishment of sin upon oneself for others !

Heb 9:28

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our [seed of Abraham] sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

1 Jn 3:5

5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our [seed of Abraham] sins; and in him is no sin.

Like the scape goat, He bare away the sins of Israel, that is took them away cp Jn 1:29

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Lets not forget in this connection that it is written that he took on the seed of Abraham Heb 2:1619

For it was with this seed only He stood Identified with, in lieu of the seed of the serpent !

It was for this seed he bare their sins in His body on the tree, for it was as the seed of Abraham that he was recognized by the law and justice of God, as being responsible for their sins. So He was made a sin offering for their sins, bearing their sins in His body on the Tree.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
yes the ot explains the purpose of atonement by blood , it is required that a living soul die , for sin . Because God said sin is death .

so the blood of the atonement covers the sin of the people , it purchases thier soul from death . Death owns every sinner because God said that

This is a recurring statement that to sin is to die from Adam forward

“Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭18:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the atonement is for this reason

“For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭17:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a sacrifice of innocent or “ spotless” life must die to cover the sinners action or else the sinner must die. Gods word has to be true so to save us , he gave us atonement a pattern with animal blood in the ot and the reality in Christ

the thing is we can also do spite to his bloodshed for us and reap terrible judgement of we reject repentance and we can do this if we aren’t humble with open ears and hear the warnings about remaining steadfast in the faith

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:26-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

note beong sanctified by the blood doesnt guarantee one will not turn and defile what was done we have to repent as we hear the truth still too

he has done his part for us made it possible now we have to cling to the faith he left for us to take up and walk by
In essence you are saying man can overturn and nullify what God has done and accomplished through Christs atoning death, thats nothing short of blasphemy my friend !

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
In essence you are saying man can overturn and nullify what God has done and accomplished through Christs atoning death, thats nothing short of blasphemy my friend !
“In essence you are saying man can overturn and nullify what God has done and accomplished through Christs atoning death”

Lol no you said this . I was wondering who the first “ blasphemy “ accuser would be . I’m talking about what scripture has to say . Jesus died for all sin , that doesn’t mean all people are saved.

he’s the atonement or “ propitiation” for the whole worlds sin

“And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Is your argument then that everyone in the world is saved and can never be lost because Jesus blood is the atonement for sin ? Universalism then ?

or do you think maybe the things Jesus the lord had to say about salvation fully apply since were actually talking about his blood ?

we don’t get to select portions and claim salvetion of Jesus death was all that mattered every sin is forgiven and the rest of the Bible could be thrown out

but that isn’t the case the atonement comes enjoined with Gods word like this example you have to have first the word of God and then you shed the blood of the covenant made by those words

“And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient.

And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭24:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That’s the same way the new covenant was given Jesus preached the words of Gods new covenant and then after he shed the blood of the covenant according to his words

no matter how much faith you put in an atonement of you disregard the covenant word you are actually imparting and partaking of the wrath the blood is meant to keep from you

you should consider where the life in the New Testament is rather than the blood alone this can give people life of they believe

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22, 24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when you go to answer do all your deeds you have to go face the one who’s blood was spilled for you and if you hear his words you will understand how important they are you can believe like above and the blood will cover all your sins that day or you can deny and experience this

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s salvstion to put your faith in the living God before and after he shed his blood but to have faith we have to accept the word of God the blood doesn’t give us faith his word does because it explains about his blood atonement and how we can believe and be saved because of it or we can debt and be condemned by it

it’s truly our choice Now because he shed the atonement blood formula and spoke the everlasting truth of God for us to believe and be saved

the blood doesn’t save us if we reject the gospel

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
“In essence you are saying man can overturn and nullify what God has done and accomplished through Christs atoning death”

Lol no you said this . I was wondering who the first “ blasphemy “ accuser would be . I’m talking about what scripture has to say . Jesus died for all sin , that doesn’t mean all people are saved.

he’s the atonement or “ propitiation” for the whole worlds sin

“And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Is your argument then that everyone in the world is saved and can never be lost because Jesus blood is the atonement for sin ? Universalism then ?

or do you think maybe the things Jesus the lord had to say about salvation fully apply since were actually talking about his blood ?

we don’t get to select portions and claim salvetion of Jesus death was all that mattered every sin is forgiven and the rest of the Bible could be thrown out

but that isn’t the case the atonement comes enjoined with Gods word like this example you have to have first the word of God and then you shed the blood of the covenant made by those words

“And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient.

And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭24:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That’s the same way the new covenant was given Jesus preached the words of Gods new covenant and then after he shed the blood of the covenant according to his words

no matter how much faith you put in an atonement of you disregard the covenant word you are actually imparting and partaking of the wrath the blood is meant to keep from you

you should consider where the life in the New Testament is rather than the blood alone this can give people life of they believe

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22, 24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when you go to answer do all your deeds you have to go face the one who’s blood was spilled for you and if you hear his words you will understand how important they are you can believe like above and the blood will cover all your sins that day or you can deny and experience this

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s salvstion to put your faith in the living God before and after he shed his blood but to have faith we have to accept the word of God the blood doesn’t give us faith his word does because it explains about his blood atonement and how we can believe and be saved because of it or we can debt and be condemned by it

it’s truly our choice Now because he shed the atonement blood formula and spoke the everlasting truth of God for us to believe and be saved

the blood doesn’t save us if we reject the gospel
In essence what I am saying is that Christ death accomplished salvation [saved] everyone He died for !

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
In essence what I am saying is that Christ death accomplished salvation [saved] everyone He died for !
well as I showed you it was for the whole worlds sin .

So then what do you do with all of the rest of the Bible that’s about .5 percent maybe what about the other 99.5 percent of what our creator said applies to salvstion ?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
In plain words we use every day--The atonement system of only sacrificing the symbolic blood of Christ by symbolically using the blood of perfect animals resulted in a partial salvation. It was necessary that this sacrifice be acknowledged as blood given on the altar for remission of sin, and not sacrificed to feed God as idol worshipers thought of sacrifice. God hated this sort of sacrifice. When the body of Christ died and His soul lived on,the curtain of the temple split and at the souls of those preserved in sleep became alive.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
More on the accomplishment of the Atonement !

Heb 2:16

For it was with this seed only He stood Identified with, in lieu of the seed of the serpent !

It was for this seed he bare their sins in His body on the tree, for it was as the seed of Abraham that he was recognized by the law and justice of God, as being responsible for their sins. So He was made a sin offering for their sins, bearing their sins in His body on the Tree.

Think with me for a moment, if a crime is committed by ones hand, is it not true that the life of the body of which that hand is a member will be liable to law and justice for the crime ? For that's why it is written that Jesus is the Saviour of the body per Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

In line with this Truth and subject, the High Priest confessed the sins of Israel [ the seed of Abraham] only over the head of the scape goat, and it was said their [ Israel's] sins were laid upon the head of the scapegoat and borne away per Lev 16:20-22

20 And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:

21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

It is in this way Jesus was made sin for the sins of us [ The seed of Abraham] by becoming their sin bearer; for He was also made a curse for His People Gal 3:1320

13 Christ hath redeemed us [seed of Abraham] from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us [seed of Abraham]: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
well as I showed you it was for the whole worlds sin .

So then what do you do with all of the rest of the Bible that’s about .5 percent maybe what about the other 99.5 percent of what our creator said applies to salvstion ?
Well you know the whole world isnt saved, so Christs death was limited to the whole world of the saved, because it [His death] accomplished salvation. To deny that sir, you deny Christ, period !