The Backsliders Thread.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have to confess that I've never read or watched GoT(took me a minute to figure out what it was).
SPOILER ALERT:

Almost everybody dies, including every character that is any viewer's favorite character. But don't worry, you ain't missing much. It's basically a medieval soap opera with a lot more killing than daytime soaps are allowed.

Aug 2, 2009
OH LAWD!!! I did not know that word was at the end of that gif!!! Gonna try to get a mod to delete it ASAP!! SORRY!!!!!!! I can't delete it because of the 5 minute window is over...

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it strange that she keeps her crackers in the fridge?

Well hornetguy, she probably has an ant problem. We had one last summer and them suckers would find anything that wasn't in the fridge or otherwise sealed in plastic. They even figured out how to get into many zip sealed bags. Smartest ants I ever saw.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013

Well hornetguy, she probably has an ant problem. We had one last summer and them suckers would find anything that wasn't in the fridge or otherwise sealed in plastic. They even figured out how to get into many zip sealed bags. Smartest ants I ever saw.
If they come back, all ya gotta do is poison 'em with borax.
Then you can see how smart they aren't.

[video=youtube;qoCtrhK7WlE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoCtrhK7WlE[/video]

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Oh really?

Didn't he suffer from Gout...probably due to excessive beer drinking?
Not sure what he suffered from, but that meme was in response to Tommy’s beer fest post. :p All things in moderation.

Feb 28, 2016
let's face it, Tommy like beer and then gas as a combo! He's weird, but oh so lovable...

Aug 2, 2009
Oh really?

Didn't he suffer from Gout...probably due to excessive beer drinking?
Yea I do remember hearing he had gout. He probably didn't get much physical activity because he was a statesman and he read a lot. He actually invented bifocals.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Yea I do remember hearing he had gout. He probably didn't get much physical activity because he was a statesman and he read a lot. He actually invented bifocals.
Great invention! Not all inventions (like the Opti-Grab) work out well. :p

D2A60757-D39D-4745-9129-D5FA98488594.jpeg

36988C32-AC07-487F-8345-CAD44D082208.jpeg

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I'm into premium cigars, but when I was younger, I occasionally smoked Back Woods. I thought it made me look like Clint Eastwood.
Shoot.... from your avatar, slap on a serape, and you two could be brothers... almost.

Can you do the one-eyed squinty thing? I never could master that.

I always wanted to look like Burt Reynolds, or Tom Selleck.... I once had someone tell me I looked like "Meathead" from All in the Family.... my claim to fame.

What cigars do you like to smoke? I have an eclectic taste in cigars. No "flavored" ones for me, though....

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I also read that he was quite the ladies' man and party guy during his stays in France. Too much French cuisine, perhaps?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Shoot.... from your avatar, slap on a serape, and you two could be brothers... almost.

I always wanted to look like Burt Reynolds, or Tom Selleck.... I once had someone tell me I looked like "Meathead" from All in the Family.... my claim to fame.

What cigars do you like to smoke? I have an eclectic taste in cigars. No "flavored" ones for me, though....
My favorite is the Romeo y Julieta Habanna Reserve in the Toro size. I'm also into the Perdomo lot 23 maduro in a robusto size. Rocky Patel has a sun grown that is fantastic.

Aug 2, 2009
I also read that he was quite the ladies' man and party guy during his stays in France. Too much French cuisine, perhaps?
Yea I heard the same! It was while he was trying to get them to ally with the colonies during the revolution. He was a friend of the royalty there because he helped them in a previous war (but you might already know all that :rolleyes:).

...So I guess that makes Ben a famous backslider! :rolleyes:

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
My favorite is the Romeo y Julieta Habanna Reserve in the Toro size. I'm also into the Perdomo lot 23 maduro in a robusto size. Rocky Patel has a sun grown that is fantastic.
I smoked some of the Lot 23's when they first came out. I thought they were a nice smoke for the money. His sun growns are nice... but he thinks so, too. Rocky Patel's prices have really gotten out of hand, IMHO.

I try to keep my cigars in the $2 to $2.50 range, when I buy boxes. That sort of limits me. I have found that the "fumas" version of nice cigars are a really good alternative, price wise. The flavor profile is very much the same as the long-filler pricier versions, at about half the cost. Problem is that not everyone makes a fumas version of their big sellers.

Patel does, but they are around $3 plus each...

Fuente is my "if I could afford them" smoke.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Well hornetguy, if money is all you lack for your cigars; come over to my place. I have buckets full just lying around. If you believe that, we can talk about a bridge I have for sale.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Well hornetguy, if money is all you lack for your cigars; come over to my place. I have buckets full just lying around. If you believe that, we can talk about a bridge I have for sale.

Yep.... money is the issue. I have a taste for "sham-pahn-ya" like the Count...

champagne.jpg

but a budget for beer.....

beer drinker.png

funny... I just noticed that the beer drinker's shirt says something about "more cowbell"..... another Walken thing.... coincidence? hmmmmm.

Feb 28, 2016

=======================================================

obviously your looks have improved with age and your wisdom, precious one!!!:):)