My wife and I spend a week on the beach every year. I love to bodysurf, but last year it had been flat and mushy and no good at all for days. Finally I did go in just to say I had gotten wet. But I just tread there, bobbing like a cork, everyone else around me bobbing like corks, waiting for something to happen. I got to thinking, 'gee Lord, I hate to be self-wishing but it would be nice to have some waves’, but time goes by and the corks keep bobbing. So again at some point I muse, Jesus, if it'd be in Thy grace, could we..? But of course time passes and the corks keep bobbing. So my head is getting burnt, the rest of me is waterlogged, I'm thinking gee God if I can just have one so I don't have to swim back to shore... And these words come to me, in my spirit, "what do you keep asking Me for? You know better than that. You know you have My authority to call the waves up for yourself". So I laugh, and think You're absolutely right, then I faced out to sea and said "in Jesus' Name, how about some waves". A minute goes by, 2, and here they come. The best set of the week. Wave after wave after wave after wave... I caught several good rides, then when I stopped to catch my breath I saw that lots of people were getting lots of good rides. Kids that had been standing around in the kiddie pool were now chasing each other thru the surf, and there was a whole different Spirit in the water. I laughed and said "Amen Lord, for all of these". A kid next to me says "what's that mister?" "I think God decided we needed to be having more fun out here." "Yeah, the waves are really energetic now!" Amen kid, I laughed. They sure are. It went on just long enough to kinda wear everyone out, then it went back to flat and mushy for pretty much the rest of the week.
***
Addendum
The way some have interpreted what I shared here makes me wonder if I'm sharing incorrectly. And in a way I have. Yes I made it look like I pestered God into doing something, ‘waving the magic wand’ as some have called it. But what I shared is what was in my mind's eye. What was in God’s? First of all, the pestering probably wasn't just mine. I doubt I was the only one out there thinking geez Lord how 'bout it? Maybe God saw this kid on the beach who needed a demonstration of His power, and me bobbing in the water willing to take part in something, and put the two together. Maybe what I interpreted as 'wave the wand' was really the Holy Spirit saying, hey I need you to do something for Me. Why me? Because I was probably the only one out there with the bolas - I mean faith enough to actually face the waves and say so be it!
I sought the Lord.
I received a word to act.
In faith I faced the waves and in Jesus Name told them to arise.
The waves arose.
That the waves had arisen was verified by a total stranger.
The power of God was spoken between the two of us.
Now, everywhere you've read the word I in all that, I want you to 'place your name here'. God works miracles thru us to shine His glory. Believe that He does, and don't be afraid to participate!
***
Addendum
The way some have interpreted what I shared here makes me wonder if I'm sharing incorrectly. And in a way I have. Yes I made it look like I pestered God into doing something, ‘waving the magic wand’ as some have called it. But what I shared is what was in my mind's eye. What was in God’s? First of all, the pestering probably wasn't just mine. I doubt I was the only one out there thinking geez Lord how 'bout it? Maybe God saw this kid on the beach who needed a demonstration of His power, and me bobbing in the water willing to take part in something, and put the two together. Maybe what I interpreted as 'wave the wand' was really the Holy Spirit saying, hey I need you to do something for Me. Why me? Because I was probably the only one out there with the bolas - I mean faith enough to actually face the waves and say so be it!
I sought the Lord.
I received a word to act.
In faith I faced the waves and in Jesus Name told them to arise.
The waves arose.
That the waves had arisen was verified by a total stranger.
The power of God was spoken between the two of us.
Now, everywhere you've read the word I in all that, I want you to 'place your name here'. God works miracles thru us to shine His glory. Believe that He does, and don't be afraid to participate!