The Beatitudes

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I am sorry Herose, I was a bit jumpy. At work and coming off a little stressful shift and about to rush to home I read and totally missed what you were adding and just saw what I(fleshing out) wanted to see. That is not justification or an excuse, but the reasoning behind those actions, you are right though, right along with heated debate on these threads goes false accusations, and again I am sorry.

I ask for forgiveness brother.

I forgive you. So glad your heart's in a good place.
 
Do you think that can happen in this life? I just say because of the flesh and the sun nature that still dwells within it?

My though on this is I believe the heart coincides with the soul or mind, and cleaning it is in essence renewing the mind to God's word. As we clean out our mind with the junk that this world has filled it with we start to get a better image of God.

I think it can, and I think apart from keeping ourselves unspotted from the world it boils down to this:

If we acknowledge our sins, he is faithful and just, so that he will forgive us [our] sins and will cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9​

Same word - cleanse. Since I saw this connection between seeing GOD and a clean heart I've been searching my heart asking GOD how to cleanse it.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalms 51:10​
 
#8 is interesting to me since, without bragging that I have a pure heart, I see God everywhere. I think it means what was originally said - a childlike, trusting heart - the foundation for faith. In that particular verse, "see" also means to "discern".

I see (discern) God in the eyes and smile of so many people. I feel Him in their touch. I see (discern) His fingerprints on so many things surrounding my life and situation. I also see God through spiritual eyes - I've sensed His face close to mine. No, not the details, but I knew. I discerned.

I was thinking the same thing...,also that Moses is said to have spoken to God "face to face" maybe the word "see" is lacking in English? Makes me wander what it really means?
 
Mmmm...I really wished we had a way to link bible book recommendations with bible topics or verses.

Thanks for sharing Angela

The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard goes through the Sermon on the Mount, including the Beatitudes. Bonhoeffer also goes through these verses in the Cost of Discipleship. Martin Lloyd-Jones also wrote an entire book about the Sermon on the Mount, and all we can take from it.