The benefits of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
This post just shows me how desperate we are for the Holy Spirit.

We were created to connect with our Heavenly Father - to be in a relationship with God. Our “spirituality” cries out for God....

It’s very sad the way people seek spiritual things..... Yeshua/Jesus gave us an open door! Just go through the Door (Yeshua/Jesus)!

Everything of God in abundance is waiting........ of course, the flesh cannot enter.

Only with ALL your heart, soul, mind, body - EVERYTHING - holding NOTHING back - God gave us ALL that He Is, Was, And Will Be on the altar - the Cross.

We must do the same. Look, we die any way. What are we holding on to?

LET GO!! Embrace your King, Savior, Friend, Redeemer and Lover of your soul! Let Him baptize you with the Holy Spirit and Fire.....:love:(y)

No one on Earth loves you more than He!!! :love:(y)

Lord, baptize us with Your Holy Spirit and Fire! Empower us to be Your Light and witness upon the Earth! Yeshua/Jesus is LORD and there is no other! :love:(y)

What is Baptism? The word means THIS:
Strong's Concordance
baptisma: (the result of) a dipping or sinking
Original Word: βάπτισμα, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: baptisma
Phonetic Spelling: (bap'-tis-mah)
Definition: (the result of) a dipping or sinking
Usage: the rite or ceremony of baptism.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 908 báptismabaptism (note the -ma suffix, emphasizing it is a result, i.e. of sincere repentance.) 908 (báptisma) indicates submerging(dipping, immersion).

Now let's read what John the Baptist says about Baptism:

Matthew 3:
4 Now John himself was clothed in camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey. 5 Then Jerusalem, all Judea, and all the region around the Jordan went out to him 6 and were baptized by him in the Jordan, confessing their sins.

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, 9 and do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 10 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

So JESUS is going to Baptize SOME with the Holy Spirit, but OTHERS, like THE BROOD OF VIPERS, He is going to Baptize with FIRE. Right after John says that, he talks about the chaff burning in unquenchable fire. If some are submerged in water and with the Holy Spirit, doesn't it make sense that John is saying some are going to be baptized, or submerged, in the lake of fire? Especially when you consider who John is addressing? READ IT AGAIN!

So I can see a response like "What about what happened at Pentecost?" Well, let's read it:

Acts 2 New King James Version (NKJV)
Coming of the Holy Spirit
2 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

It says the Holy Spirit filled them. The FIRE sat upon, NOT IN THEM.

I am still not totally sure, but by examining Scripture closely, it appears you DON'T want to be baptized with fire!

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The baptism of Holy Spirit!

New International Version
But if I say, "I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.

You don't want?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The baptism of Holy Spirit!

New International Version
But if I say, "I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.

You don't want?
Yep. That passage is talking about His Word. It has nothing to do with being baptized, or submerged, into fire. And I think the Word DOES burn in our hearts. Still a different kettle of fish than what John the Baptist is talking about.

I can look up a hundred verses about burning or fire, but that doesn't mean they have any connection whatever with baptism into fire.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Yep. That passage is talking about His Word. It has nothing to do with being baptized, or submerged, into fire. And I think the Word DOES burn in our hearts. Still a different kettle of fish than what John the Baptist is talking about.

I can look up a hundred verses about burning or fire, but that doesn't mean they have any connection whatever with baptism into fire.
Into fire? With!

The power to minister! No 5 point sermon needed. The fire is the Anointed Word!

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
PennEd, do you worship in the anointing? Truthfully answer.

There's nothing compared to being caught up in Worship of Father and Son!

These things that are available to all who will receive are wonderful giftings of God to men. If they weren't, I would not care that you reject. But, my desire has always been that all would EXPERIENCE HIS PRESENCE!

I sat in those services of hearing a man speak, some testimonies through the week, and most "healing" proclaimed was because of doctors and medicines.

One moment of being actually touched by God, and you're undone forever.

Nothing like Holy Spirit coming sweeping into the meeting. Angels show up.

Do not mock!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Into fire? With!

The power to minister! No 5 point sermon needed. The fire is the Anointed Word!
If you say so. The anointed Word IS fire, but that still has nothing to do with how John the Baptist describes BAPTISM with fire.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
PennEd, do you worship in the anointing? Truthfully answer.

There's nothing compared to being caught up in Worship of Father and Son!

These things that are available to all who will receive are wonderful giftings of God to men. If they weren't, I would not care that you reject. But, my desire has always been that all would EXPERIENCE HIS PRESENCE!

I sat in those services of hearing a man speak, some testimonies through the week, and most "healing" proclaimed was because of doctors and medicines.

One moment of being actually touched by God, and you're undone forever.

Nothing like Holy Spirit coming sweeping into the meeting. Angels show up.

Do not mock!
This post is loaded with strawmen, feelings, experience, and a lack of Scripture.

When did I say I HAVEN'T experienced the Lord's Presence? What does that have to do with Baptism by JESUS with fire, as described by John?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
What a horrible thing to say! That our Lord, God in the flesh, EVER failed!

NONE of the supposed healings or raising people from the dead, from Wigglesworth or any other charasmatics were EVER verified. He INJURED or made worse people.
Though this is to another, I must answer.

Absolutely never said Jesus failed. Those ugly words are yours alone.

He did few miracles in a place where unbelief reigned.

Let the words sink deep.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
This post is loaded with strawmen, feelings, experience, and a lack of Scripture.

When did I say I HAVEN'T experienced the Lord's Presence? What does that have to do with Baptism by JESUS with fire, as described by John?
I know the limit of those meetings PE. Salvation being preached will always bear fruit.

And it's Jesus who created us to experience Him. To know Him. To move out of His power within. It involves our whole being. Your accusations do nothing to me for I know Him this way.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Though this is to another, I must answer.

Absolutely never said Jesus failed. Those ugly words are yours alone.

He did few miracles in a place where unbelief reigned.

Let the words sink deep.
Misrepresentation bordering on slander. Having nothing to do with what you and I have been discussing. Grabbed solely because you were unable to make your case with Scripture, so an attempt to divert. WHAT is motivating you?

THIS is what Absolutely said in response to me saying that Wigglesworth did not have a hundred percent healing rate, and therefore FAILED to heal some. I would argue he NEVER healed anybody, but that's beside the point.

ABSOLUTELY QUOTE
"Well 1st off why wouldn't he have a 100% accuracy?"
Neither did Jesus or elisha.
They also garbage?

Do you agree that Jesus FAILED to heal 100% of the people He intended to heal also?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Fire purifies but fire also can destroy.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Misrepresentation bordering on slander. Having nothing to do with what you and I have been discussing. Grabbed solely because you were unable to make your case with Scripture, so an attempt to divert. WHAT is motivating you?

THIS is what Absolutely said in response to me saying that Wigglesworth did not have a hundred percent healing rate, and therefore FAILED to heal some. I would argue he NEVER healed anybody, but that's beside the point.

ABSOLUTELY QUOTE
They also garbage?

Do you agree that Jesus FAILED to heal 100% of the people He intended to heal also?
I too would argue that he never healed anybody. It's always Holy Spirit, not the man/woman.

And no, you are wrong. Absolutely didn't respond to your misleading words. I picked it up because your post is unfair.

I pray that a day comes where you repent of this barrage of hatred against Pentecost for this is what you are doing.

God cannot be found in a mans boxed thoughts of who He is. The OT shows the power of Gods presence coming into theirs. Do you not read? The church should be filled with the glory by now. And we will be, but we must make ourselves ready.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I too would argue that he never healed anybody. It's always Holy Spirit, not the man/woman.

And no, you are wrong. Absolutely didn't respond to your misleading words. I picked it up because your post is unfair.

I pray that a day comes where you repent of this barrage of hatred against Pentecost for this is what you are doing.

God cannot be found in a mans boxed thoughts of who He is. The OT shows the power of Gods presence coming into theirs. Do you not read? The church should be filled with the glory by now. And we will be, but we must make ourselves ready.

My words were not misleading in the slightest. Stop slandering me. You could not dispute Scripture so you went to your natural hiding place of experience, mixed with accusations against those desiring to test the spirits.

You better reevaluate whatever you think you got from Browne and his half hour of laughter.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

ABSOLUTELY QUOTE
They also garbage?

He did not use the word fail PE. You did. I knew what scripture he was referring to when he wrote that post.

Matt: 13:58

58 He did not perform many miracles there because of their unbelief.

The disciples however at times were unable to perform some miracles.

As far as Wigglesworth, if he were not of God, he would not be used in the miraculous. As I said before, I have a volume of all his recorded sermons. He was used for many healings and raised the dead several times that I recall reading. I have yet to read the whole book.

10 The ax already lies against the roots of the trees. So every tree that isn't producing good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

I've spoken about these scriptures before. And I gave my answer as to the two uses of fire. Must of gone over your head.

Verse 10, IMO, is speaking of Holy Spirit putting the ax to the tree of disobedience, knowledge of good and evil, within our inner being at conversion, that the tree of life is prominent (Jesus) or ressurection life, within.

11 I am baptizing you with water as a token of repentance, but the one who is coming after me is stronger than I am, and I am not worthy to carry his sandals. It is he who will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Purification. The flesh dies, the Spirit rises. It's lightening in Greek. I've already testified of the experience. A heart ablaze with the love of God, and anointed testimony is the result. The Word.

12 His winnowing fork is in his hand. He will clean up his threshing floor and gather his grain into the barn, but he will burn the chaff with inextinguishable fire."

This is hell. Eternal fire that never burns out.

Destructive.

But, I've heard of the eyes of fire that Jesus has from those who have seen Him, plus its scriptural. When we see Him we will be like Him. I've often thought that this could be a result of flesh being burnt by His Presence, that the Spirit may be saved.

Not teaching it, just a thought.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
My words were not misleading in the slightest. Stop slandering me. You could not dispute Scripture so you went to your natural hiding place of experience, mixed with accusations against those desiring to test the spirits.

You better reevaluate whatever you think you got from Browne and his half hour of laughter.
I have no idea who Browne is. This is twice. you have said this to me. Experiences is exactly what the Lord wants us to have.

And your fruit is bitter.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I have no idea who Browne is. This is twice. you have said this to me. Experiences is exactly what the Lord wants us to have.

And your fruit is bitter.
YOU said you attended THIS charlatan's show and had an "experience" there. I saw one show where he laughed maniacally for a half an hour. So YOU tell me what kind of fruit or spirit this guy passes on to the gullible?

And so what if he didn't use the word fail. That is exactly what he meant when he said Jesus didn't succeed in healing every person He intended to. Further what does ANY of this have to do with what we were discussing about John the Baptist and baptism with fire?

You exemplified this movement when you couldn't answer to Scripture, and diverted to talking about "experience" and something that had nothing to do with the conversation at hand OR a post that didn't even involve you from almost a week ago.

Oct 31, 2015
But you shall receive power, after the Holy Spirit has come upon you: and you shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1:8

What are the benefits of the infilling of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit?

It’s the power to live the Christian life, which is to learn be according to the Spirit, rather than live according to the flesh.

Those Christians who live according to the flesh and practice the works of the flesh will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

• those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God

Those who do not inherit the kingdom of God are cast into the everlasting fires of hell along with the devil and his angels.

JLB