The benefits of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Another non bible reader.
I can look up the verses for you where not all were healed .

You guys dont know your bible.
It's you that doesn't know your bible. And you're arrogant as well. Who was it that Jesus couldn't heal? If you understood the bible, you'd know that Jesus did healings as signs for the Jews. You assume Jesus couldn't heal in his hometown, but theologians understand that he chose not to-probably because he knew that even miracles wouldn't convince people where he was from to believe in him. If you adhere to your natural understanding-then you say that God couldn't heal people there, and that's just foolish.

L

Locoponydirtman

Nope, what happens when you do this?

1. Sealed by the spirit

Eph 1: 13- 14 - 13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

2. Spiritually circumcised by the baptism in his death performed by God himself (baptism of the spirit)

Col 2:
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body [h]of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the [i]handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

3. Baptized into christ, by God himself (baptism of the spirit) and made joint heirs with Christ

Gal 3: 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

4. Baptized into the body of Christ by the spirit (Holy Spirit Baptism)

1 cor 12 - 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.

There are many more things we receive when we do this, but these should show my case. If you have not been baptized. By the spirit. You have not been united wiht his death, you have not been placed into his body, you have not been spiritually cleansed and made alive, and you have not drank from the same spirit, ie, Your not saved, period.
I guess I should just go on and go to hell because even though I believe in my heart and have and do confess with my mouth sometime even hourly and have been baptized with water in the name of Jesus, I have never spoken in tongues. And that the previously mentioned scripture about believing and confessing in my case is not true. So why should I continue to pray and study and read and share the gospel and love God who must have rejected me.

Jul 23, 2018
Jesus absolutely did have 100% accuracy! Don't blasphemy the Lord. If ever he wasn't accurate then he wasn't perfect, if not perfect then .... The unthinkable.
The exchange was not " accuracy vs inaccuracy"
It was over wigglesworth having a high success rate,which pen-ed TURNED INTO some mandatory "100% success or nothing" silliness.
To which i correctly pointed out Jesus did not have 100% success rate.(not all were healed)

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
To which i correctly pointed out Jesus did not have 100% success rate.(not all were healed)
This is wrong. Jesus did what the father commanded him, so you're saying God didn't have an 100% success rate.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
It was over wigglesworth having a high success rate,which pen-ed TURNED INTO some mandatory "100% success or nothing" silliness.
It was correctly pointed out that Jesus never failed to heal anyone that He intended to heal. Every healing had a purpose and every healing testified of His divinity. Jesus did not take up a collection at the healing services to cover His expenses.

The motive and purpose of Jesus healings were completely different from Wigglesworth and his fellow sons of Sceva. Acts 19:13-16

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Jul 23, 2018
Mr. PennEd I remember when this came to Toronto, believers (those not affliated with the movement) were judged so harshly by friends and family because of the goings on at Toronto Airport Church.
I checked it out once, it was shocking, people barking etc.,....this strange behaviour puts a terrible weight on the rest of us. :(
The barking i never ever saw after being affiliated with satellite vinyard and charismatic meetings where the Holy Spirit was mightily present. Literally thousands of hours. It was rumored it happened and the leadership said " if we see any of that we will roll up a newspaper and paddle them (like a dog)from the fellowship."

What should be more troubling is the cherry picking to slander the body.

But lets get real. There a people carrying tons of spirits. They need deliverance.
All you are seeing with animal manifistations is impure spirits MANIFESTING under the presence of the Holy Spirit. They can not hide. So we seethose spirits manifest. The people need help. The devil is cleaning their clock and we incorrectly accuse a powerful meeting of being the bogey man.
IOW, those unclean spirits are in the dead churches,operating in members, hiding inder the surface.
Put those same people up against the power of the Holy Ghost and see the nuclear explosion of weird behavior.

I have seen many things,but understand what is going on when unclean spirits manifest.
It is an honor to get up against them and see them freak out. It proves the anointing is present and demons fear.

Concerning airport vinyard,if we properly frame the power of the Holy Spirit ,we see what a shame other churches being dead,have no such instances of demons put to such fear, and manifest as an animal.

So,most have the whole thing backwards.

U

UnderGrace

The barking i never ever saw after being affiliated with satellite vinyard and charismatic meetings where the Holy Spirit was mightily present. Literally thousands of hours. It was rumored it happened and the leadership said " if we see any of that we will roll up a newspaper and paddle them (like a dog)from the fellowship."

What should be more troubling is the cherry picking to slander the body.

But lets get real. There a people carrying tons of spirits. They need deliverance.
All you are seeing with animal manifistations is impure spirits MANIFESTING under the presence of the Holy Spirit. They can not hide. So we seethose spirits manifest. The people need help. The devil is cleaning their clock and we incorrectly accuse a powerful meeting of being the bogey man.
IOW, those unclean spirits are in the dead churches,operating in members, hiding inder the surface.
Put those same people up against the power of the Holy Ghost and see the nuclear explosion of weird behavior.

I have seen many things,but understand what is going on when unclean spirits manifest.
It is an honor to get up against them and see them freak out. It proves the anointing is present and demons fear.

Concerning airport vinyard,if we properly frame the power of the Holy Spirit ,we see what a shame other churches being dead,have no such instances of demons put to such fear, and manifest as an animal.

So,most have the whole thing backwards.
Not about the body...it is about the behaviour of the people

Agree they need help

Jul 23, 2018
This is wrong. Jesus did what the father commanded him, so you're saying God didn't have an 100% success rate.
I am say he didn't and couldn't heal all he wanted to.
You can hope to persuade that truth into whatever you want.
Doesnt change it.
The bible declares it.

Read it for yourself.
" Jesus could do no major miracles in his hometown because of their unbelief"

He also healed a man at the pool of Bethesda. One man. Leaving the rest infirmed.

Jul 23, 2018

Agree they need help
All kinds of bad behavior in every denomination.
Spirits manifesting in powerful Holy Spirt meetings is beyond behavior.

I was in a healing service once,and i was assigned to help seat the ones with infirmities.
When the worship started, immediately the Holy Spirit fell upon us with overwhelming power.
A few seated behind me began to wail and screech .
Demons can not stand the power of the Holy Spirit.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
YOU said you attended THIS charlatan's show and had an "experience" there. I saw one show where he laughed maniacally for a half an hour. So YOU tell me what kind of fruit or spirit this guy passes on to the gullible?

And so what if he didn't use the word fail. That is exactly what he meant when he said Jesus didn't succeed in healing every person He intended to. Further what does ANY of this have to do with what we were discussing about John the Baptist and baptism with fire?

You exemplified this movement when you couldn't answer to Scripture, and diverted to talking about "experience" and something that had nothing to do with the conversation at hand OR a post that didn't even involve you from almost a week ago.

These people are lost...My spirit wont even bare watching this through , for it tells me straight away that this is wrong...
They are mockers , God loves a gentle spirit , his laughter is not human...xox...

Jul 23, 2018

Agree they need help
Yep baptists,methodists,lutherens,catholics,CHARISMATICS, and all of us.
We all need help.
Otherwise one may ask God to move over or take a back seat.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I am say he didn't and couldn't heal all he wanted to.
You can hope to persuade that truth into whatever you want.
Doesnt change it.
The bible declares it.

Read it for yourself.
" Jesus could do no major miracles in his hometown because of their unbelief"

He also healed a man at the pool of Bethesda. One man. Leaving the rest infirmed.

ok then...

Jul 23, 2018
These people are lost...My spirit wont even bare watching this through , for it tells me straight away that this is wrong...
They are mockers , God loves a gentle spirit , his laughter is not human...xox...
You are watching cherry picked clips INTENDED to slander,mock.and malign.

Those attackers actually see themselves as a ministry of destroying the body of Christ.
No shame.
In fact they glory in the vomit they spew.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
You are watching cherry picked clips INTENDED to slander,mock.and malign.

Those attackers actually see themselves as a ministry of destroying the body of Christ.
No shame.
In fact they glory in the vomit they spew.
Can I please ask you something in peace...

I have seen enough of Benny Hinn to not want to ever watch him again...

He swings his white jacket in the air , and everyone falls on top of each other , am sure many get hurt , is that the way the Holy Spirit acts...

His nephew has left his uncle because he could no longer carry on deceiving people , he has his testimony where he reveals a lot of what goes on behind the scenes...

He does scam people , he is a fraud...

His ways are the same as the likes of Kenneth Copeland and others that I could mention...

I find them eerie , but like I said , my spirit cannot abide their performance , it is uncomfortable to watch them...xox...

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Need I say more?

This person, who presumably believes Jesus is God in human flesh, that created everything in the universe, believes Jesus was unable to heal certain people. It defies reason, much less Scripture.

All to try and elevate a guy who punched stomach cancer victims in the gut in a unbiblical attempt AND FAILURE, to heal them. And he tries to relate Jesus Christ to this guy. Sickening!!

L

Locoponydirtman

Jesus did have a 100% success rate. There is not one single account of Jesus failing to heal anyone that he laid his hands. You are a blasphemer.
Repent.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
YOU said you attended THIS charlatan's show and had an "experience" there. I saw one show where he laughed maniacally for a half an hour. So YOU tell me what kind of fruit or spirit this guy passes on to the gullible?

And so what if he didn't use the word fail. That is exactly what he meant when he said Jesus didn't succeed in healing every person He intended to. Further what does ANY of this have to do with what we were discussing about John the Baptist and baptism with fire?

You exemplified this movement when you couldn't answer to Scripture, and diverted to talking about "experience" and something that had nothing to do with the conversation at hand OR a post that didn't even involve you from almost a week ago.

I have attended Rodney Howard-Brownes meetings yes. But I never said I had an experience there. Was part of a satellite church in our city at one time.

You just wrote Browne.

And you give me too much credit as to having a strategy with my postings. Lol

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

This good man of God is going to have a great star studded crown with all the salvations recorded in heaven from his meetings now all over the world. Close to Billy Graham if not more.

And you will be repentant of these words against him.

Laughter-joy is a fruit of being full of Holy Spirit. Heaven is full of joy. It's emotional healing for many of depression.

I know you don't understand PE, but your words go beyond this. You've picked up a wrong spirit.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Living according to the flesh and practicing the works of the flesh is not descriptive of a Christian. Those who are habitually dominated by the sinful nature (unbelievers) put their minds on the things of the sinful nature, but those who are habitually dominated by the Spirit (believers) put their minds on the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:8 - So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

In Galatians 5:21, notice ..those who practice such things/sins will not inherit the kingdom of God. In 1 John 3:9, we read - No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

In 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, we read - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
This thread is about the benefits of the giftings M-Dan. Moreso concerning the order of the church as Paul describes in 1st Cor: 14. And what they are given to us for.

Power to do His works in the ministry He has chosen for us. Moving in and then out of Holy Spirit.

Moving with Him as the members of His body.